Any Saratoga Springs Resort tips?

amwhitaker

Not happy unless I'm going to Disney.
We are staying at SSR in less than 2 weeks. Any tips or suggestions from those of you who have stayed there?

amwhitaker said:
We are staying at SSR in less than 2 weeks. Any tips or suggestions from those of you who have stayed there?

Spend some time relaxing in the hot tub! I loved sitting in the hottub early in the a.m. before the rest of the World has a chance to awaken. That is if you're a morning person of course. :rotfl: But for sure, take time to relax, to me the place is quite soothing! :)

Try to get a room closer to DTD (Congress Park). The food at Artist Pallet is limited. The strength of the resort is DTD, use it!. The pool is not worth the walk, quiet pools are nice.

The work out room is top notch

Community hall is great for the kids

My biggest tip is try the Adventurers club in DTD

Tigger031266 said:
Try to get a room closer to DTD (Congress Park). The food at Artist Pallet is limited. The strength of the resort is DTD, use it!. The pool is not worth the walk, quiet pools are nice.

Although the food selection is limited at Artist Palette, the food itself was very good and it fit DW and me perfectly. We ate there several times.

To me, the main pool was definitely worth the walk from Congress Park. We went to the quiet pool once, but I enjoyed the waterfalls and slide at High Rock Springs.

We requested a room in the Springs near the main pool and got it. It was a beautiful room, very close to the pool and bus stop and Artist Palette.

Alot is said about AP's limited menu, and it is, but the food is good and we really enjoyed it.

For us, the kids adored the water slide so the quiet pools in the CP area really didn't hold much appeal for us. We only went to DTD once, as we have young kids and spent most of our time in the parks or the pool.

Have a great time, you'll love it!!

We were in CP and only 2 adults so spent most of our time at the quiet pool. There were never more than 3 or 4 other families there so it really was "quiet". It's also a quick 5 minute walk to DTD.

Request a room in Congress Park with a DTD view. The view was very pretty at night, and the walk to DTD is very short. Although the walk to the main pool was a little far, I think it was worth the walk because the kids loved the slide and the waterfall. I agree that the food selection is limited, but what they do have is very good.

PinotFan said:
Although the food selection is limited at Artist Palette, the food itself was very good and it fit DW and me perfectly. We ate there several times.

To me, the main pool was definitely worth the walk from Congress Park. We went to the quiet pool once, but I enjoyed the waterfalls and slide at High Rock Springs.

I would be interested to know why you consider the food seleciton at AP limited when they offer more items than some of the other counter serve places at Disney resorts. I can understand that some of the selections might not appeal to everyone, but that would not make the selections limited just not to your personal choice.

I found the selections to be much more to what we prefer to eat than most any other counter serve restaurant.

Sammie,

Food selection is limited at any restaurant (nobody can serve everything). DW and I love the fish and chips found at the CS in the UK pavillion in EPCOT, but that's not available at AP.

But my real point was that the food was VERY good compared to most other CS restaurants we've tried at WDW. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

Will you have a car? If not, and you do get the Paddocks (way in the back of the resort) you can take any bus to the front of the resort. Take an internal bus to get back. Also you can get to any resort for dinner by walking to the bus stop at DTD. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter