Any Stern Fans on this Forum?

She is not back. And no info if she ever will.

Wow!! Its like throw us a bone or something. I mean Will had cancer everyone was told, Sal had a cancer scare everyone was told. Perhaps her wishes are not to tell anyone but how long can she be away without an explanation.

Love Stern!!! Does anyone know (maybe its already mentioned here) but is Robin back in the Studio? It sounds like she is but I am not sure.

As others mentioned above, she is definitely not back in the studio. I have to admit, sometimes you can barely even tell she is not in the studio because she is on her game and she isn't missing a beat.

Other times, however, it is blatantly obvious that Robin is not there because Howard will suddenly address Robin and...silence. No answer. He will say, "Robin?" No answer. She just vanishes for chunks of time. I think it was today that Howard was referencing Robin to one of the girls in the Biggest Fan contest, and Robin was obviously not listening because she didn't jump in with what would have been her usual comeback or commentary. She always says that when she disappears it's a problem with the microphone or the connection, or something suddenly came up or whatever, but I wonder. I guess I wonder if this is all because she is still very ill, or if this is just vanity on her part (maybe she doesn't want to be seen by anyone when she looks unwell or something?). However, she does go out from time to time, I think.

There is a certain dynamic between Howard and Robin and between the guests and Robin when Robin is actually in the studio -- and now, if a guest refers to Robin it seems weird because we know the guest cannot see her.

Although he's had some good guests over the past couple of months. But generally agree. Best is listening to Stern Show Shuffle

I agree -- Howard has had a lot of good guests last year and this year. He kind of alluded to the sudden wave of guests not long ago when he said he used to wait for the guests to approach him if they wanted to be on the show. He would not try to actively get them on the show. Now he has put Gary to work as far as actually seeking out guests and trying to get them -- and it is working in many cases.

I know that a lot of people don't like the celebrity guests on the show because they feel that Howard is selling out or whatever, since he used to rag on celebs so much in the old days. Personally, I like the celebrity guests and the interviews that come from their appearances. I like hearing about what went on and who was at Jimmy Kimmel's parties. I love listening to the dynamic between Howard and the guests in studio, to see which ones he really clicks with and which ones he can't connect with on any level (like Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend, for example). Now that he goes longer with these interviews than he used to, he really is able to get more out of the guests and make them feel more comfortable. The results are often very rewarding for the listeners, I think. Plus, this is all good practice for Howard in case he does decide to take on a late night talk show hosting gig in the future.

Some of the interviews are really in-depth, and when Howard actually stops talking for a second and listens to the answers rather than cutting them off, you know that he is really interested in what the guests have to say (maybe he is a big fan). In other interviews, like Scott Thorson, Howard is impatient and rushing through, cutting off the sentences before they are two words in, etc. It's easy to tell he isn't really all that fascinated with the guest when he barely lets them speak!:rotfl2:

As a woman, I am patiently waiting for another Bradley Cooper appearance!;);) He was on 3 times between 2011 and 2012 so it's time for a 2013 appearance too, I think!

Also, now that the final 8 episodes of "Breaking Bad" are coming up (thank the heavens for that; I cannot wait!), I am hoping Howard will allow discussion on the show and not prohibit Robin from discussing the episodes as the series winds down! She already tried to talk a little bit about the first episode of the final 8 (their staff got an advanced copy), and she said Howard was "in for a treat" when he finally watched it -- and Howard shut her down by talking about "Ray Donovan" instead. :rotfl2:

The Wendy Scramble game was so funny. The answers were correct and incorrect so randomly. I was playing along in my car and I think I have better odds of winning the lotto then getting every answer correct on that game. I hope they bring that game back.

Today I heard Howard and Robin act out the Carlos Danger/Sydney Leather transcript three times! Howard seemed so uncomfortable reading those text messages. I would love if Gary read his pitch to get Anthony Weiner on the show. It sounded like they had a pretty friendly relationship.

Birthday Bash thoughts ???

Thought it was awesome!

Especially loved the David Letterman interview, and also thought Jimmy Kimmel did an excellent job keeping the show moving.

Tan Mom sucks!!!!

Also liked todays show, with all Howards thoughts on the show. Oh, and here's hoping he fires Benjy!!!!

My thoughts on the Birthday Bash, based on listening to the show and looking at various photos posted by the guests online (in no specific order, but just as they pop into my head) are:

1. Jewel, Jenny McCarthy and Maria Menounos looked beautiful. Sarah Silverman also looked really good;

2. I think the David Letterman interview was very interesting, but it brought the momentum down a few notches. It would have played better in the studio. Up to that point the mood was festive and fast-paced, but apparently the audience in the Ballroom was tuning out when Dave and Howard were talking;

3. Where was Stern Mega Fan David Arquette? Very odd that he wasn't there;

4. I wish that Artie had made a surprise appearance -- even via video. This year it will be 5 years -- :faint: - since he last appeared on the show, even though he was officially fired in 2010. I think it would have been awesome, and touching, to see him there in some way;

5. Being a huge Breaking Bad geek I was beyond thrilled that Bryan Cranston was there!;

6. I will always love Jon Bon Jovi and Steven Tyler, but my favorite musical performances of the night were John Mayer (with whom I am normally not all that impressed, but I thought he was fantastic), Adam Levine (great song choice that really showed off his talent) and Dave Grohl (I think he is so talented and I love that he did the second song specifically because he remembered that it reminded Howard of his dad);

7. I thought that Jeff Ross and Joan Rivers were hilarious;

8. Since Robin revealed her cancer story to the world last year (even though most folks guessed it before that), that explained why she was never in the studio. However, now that she is supposedly all better/in remission (she looked fine at the Bash -- not sick), why is she never in the studio now?:confused:;

9. Lena Dunham was great;

10. The Kathie Lee Gifford video was great;

11. John Stamos addressing the infamous night that he and Rebecca spent with Howard and Beth many years ago was great;

12. Robert Downey Jr. is so cool; and

13. I love the different odd pairings of celebrities (even some that were not announced as being there, but were in the audience) that I've seen in photos from that night -- Larry King with Katie Couric and Jenny McCarthy; Steven Tyler with Heidi Klum; Lena Dunham and Zach Braff; Lorne Michaels with Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers; Dave Grohl with Slash; Larry King and Kathy Griffin; Natalie Maines with Tan Mom; Sandra Bernhard, Dr. Drew and Andy Cohen, etc.

My thoughts on the Birthday Bash, based on listening to the show and looking at various photos posted by the guests online (in no specific order, but just as they pop into my head) are:

1. Jewel, Jenny McCarthy and Maria Menounos looked beautiful. Sarah Silverman also looked really good;

2. I think the David Letterman interview was very interesting, but it brought the momentum down a few notches. It would have played better in the studio. Up to that point the mood was festive and fast-paced, but apparently the audience in the Ballroom was tuning out when Dave and Howard were talking;

4. I wish that Artie had made a surprise appearance -- even via video. This year it will be 5 years -- :faint: - since he last appeared on the show, even though he was officially fired in 2010. I think it would have been awesome, and touching, to see him there in some way;

5. Being a huge Breaking Bad geek I was beyond thrilled that Bryan Cranston was there!;

6. I will always love Jon Bon Jovi and Steven Tyler, but my favorite musical performances of the night were John Mayer (with whom I am normally not all that impressed, but I thought he was fantastic), Adam Levine (great song choice that really showed off his talent) and Dave Grohl (I think he is so talented and I love that he did the second song specifically because he remembered that it reminded Howard of his dad);

8. Since Robin revealed her cancer story to the world last year (even though most folks guessed it before that), that explained why she was never in the studio. However, now that she is supposedly all better/in remission (she looked fine at the Bash -- not sick), why is she never in the studio now?:confused:;

11. John Stamos addressing the infamous night that he and Rebecca spent with Howard and Beth many years ago was great;

13. I love the different odd pairings of celebrities (even some that were not announced as being there, but were in the audience) that I've seen in photos from that night -- Larry King with Katie Couric and Jenny McCarthy; Steven Tyler with Heidi Klum; Lena Dunham and Zach Braff; Lorne Michaels with Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers; Dave Grohl with Slash; Larry King and Kathy Griffin; Natalie Maines with Tan Mom; Sandra Bernhard, Dr. Drew and Andy Cohen, etc. There

Very nice writeup! I haven't heard the whole show yet and I hope they replay it some more and it would be nice to see a video. I have seen some of the pics.

Robin has been back in the studio for a couple months now. I think she started back the week after she made the announcement. As far as I know, she's been in ever since.

Very nice writeup! I haven't heard the whole show yet and I hope they replay it some more and it would be nice to see a video. I have seen some of the pics.

Robin has been back in the studio for a couple months now. I think she started back the week after she made the announcement. As far as I know, she's been in ever since.

Thank you!

Certain Howard-related sites picked up on Robin being out of the studio again, and that was what first clued me in. So I started paying really close attention and I realized those other sites were right.

Robin was in the studio right around the time she was promoting her book and coming out with the cancer story, and then not too long after that she was back on the ISDN line from home again. Sometimes it is really obvious that she is not there because Howard will call her name or mention her and she doesn't reply. Sometimes a random guest will say something like "I hear Robin..." but you can tell that he/she is not looking at/seeing her.

One time -- just before they went on Christmas break -- Howard was saying to Robin that he couldn't figure out how to get something to her (a gift, I assume) because he'd have to make a trip out there or bring it somewhere. It was clear that he was saying that because she wasn't in the studio.

They've got the technology fine-tuned well enough to where the sound quality is not that much different when Robin is in-studio as opposed to what it's like when she is at home. The only thing is that, because of that fact, I can't figure out whether she occasionally comes into the studio for maybe a day or two, then immediately goes back home for the next week, or if she is home all the time now. She is often not in the studio, though.

I can see where Robin wanted to be at the Birthday Bash -- that was a big deal -- but I am wondering if she is still not completely well, or is still undergoing some sort of treatment that necessitates staying home. Maybe she is just worn out and tired, and now that there is no Howard TV she doesn't need to be on camera. I hope she's okay.

Thank you!

Certain Howard-related sites picked up on Robin being out of the studio again, and that was what first clued me in. So I started paying really close attention and I realized those other sites were right.

Robin was in the studio right around the time she was promoting her book and coming out with the cancer story, and then not too long after that she was back on the ISDN line from home again. Sometimes it is really obvious that she is not there because Howard will call her name or mention her and she doesn't reply. Sometimes a random guest will say something like "I hear Robin..." but you can tell that he/she is not looking at/seeing her.

One time -- just before they went on Christmas break -- Howard was saying to Robin that he couldn't figure out how to get something to her (a gift, I assume) because he'd have to make a trip out there or bring it somewhere. It was clear that he was saying that because she wasn't in the studio.

They've got the technology fine-tuned well enough to where the sound quality is not that much different when Robin is in-studio as opposed to what it's like when she is at home. The only thing is that, because of that fact, I can't figure out whether she occasionally comes into the studio for maybe a day or two, then immediately goes back home for the next week, or if she is home all the time now. She is often not in the studio, though.

I can see where Robin wanted to be at the Birthday Bash -- that was a big deal -- but I am wondering if she is still not completely well, or is still undergoing some sort of treatment that necessitates staying home. Maybe she is just worn out and tired, and now that there is no Howard TV she doesn't need to be on camera. I hope she's okay.

Maybe getting to the studio in the lousy winter weather is too much of a pain :scratchin

Still love the show! Its not as good as it used to be,but I can't shut it off! Not yet...

13. I love the different odd pairings of celebrities (even some that were not announced as being there, but were in the audience) that I've seen in photos from that night -- Larry King with Katie Couric and Jenny McCarthy; Steven Tyler with Heidi Klum; Lena Dunham and Zach Braff; Lorne Michaels with Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers; Dave Grohl with Slash; Larry King and Kathy Griffin; Natalie Maines with Tan Mom; Sandra Bernhard, Dr. Drew and Andy Cohen, etc.

My favorite musical performance, was Sarah Silverman / Natalie Maines.

As for the audience tuning out the Letterman interview, Howard addressed it on his radio show, that the audience was having a hard time hearing the talking moments.

I do agree that Artie should have been there. As for David Arquette, have to admit it didn't even cross my mind. I wonder if he's in rehab or something.

I also think Imran Khan shoulda' been there... the whole "notarized note" was good schtick for the air, but come on Howard! You caved and let Bobo in...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter