Any Stern Fans on this Forum?

I travel for work and Howard gets me thru my long commutes. I hate the weeks he is only on 2 days/week, but I guess it's better than nothing! Can't wait for AGT to start but Howard is already talking about it SO much! I can't imagine how much he will be discussing it on air once it starts to air!

I totally agree about Howard talking about AGT too much. Is it wrong that part of me was happy his lawsuit was dismissed because it brought back the old angry Howard. I love hearing him riled up about things.

I had to drop off my friend at the airport this morning and got to hear part of the show. Did anyone else hear Jason talk about Ralph? He wanted his own car to pick him up to go to the airport to take him to comic con rather than share with Jason and Steve!! He freaked out at comic con because a staffer/intern who paid his own way to go and help out Geek Time either screwed up his coffee order or took to long to get it. His sense entitlement kills me. I wonder what kind of blackmail he has on Howard.

I had to drop off my friend at the airport this morning and got to hear part of the show. Did anyone else hear Jason talk about Ralph? He wanted his own car to pick him up to go to the airport to take him to comic con rather than share with Jason and Steve!! He freaked out at comic con because a staffer/intern who paid his own way to go and help out Geek Time either screwed up his coffee order or took to long to get it. His sense entitlement kills me. I wonder what kind of blackmail he has on Howard.

Ralph is seriously so annoying, but then again so is Jason. I didn't catch it. I'll have to listen on Best of the Week tomorrow :cool1:

The killa Charisma interview was the best thing I've heard in a while, the kid was a hoot:thumbsup2

Who else caught Howard on AGT? I thought he was great. I never watched AGT before but had the biggest smile on my face during the show pretty much because I was so excited about Howard. I think he was fair but I would not have put the father daughter act through to Vegas. They were cute but not a million dollar act.

Did anyone else catch the radio show yesterday? Jimmy Kimmel was in and mentioned that he saw Artie at the SNL afterpary. It seemed to have thrown Howard through a bit of a loop. Howard was wondering what Artie was doing at the SNL afterparty and how that could impact his recovery.

I am so worried about Robin. She has a growth on her bladder and has to use a catheter. I really hope it isn't serious. Has any key player on the show ever had to deal with a major health crisis other than Artie and his drug issues?

On to a lighter topic.. Who thinks that bet including Ronnie and Richard will happen? If you haven't listened to the show lately please do. This bet is so dirty I am worried that if I post specifics about it I will be forever banned from disboards. I think Ronnie will flake out.

Who else caught Howard on AGT? I thought he was great. I never watched AGT before but had the biggest smile on my face during the show pretty much because I was so excited about Howard. I think he was fair but I would not have put the father daughter act through to Vegas. They were cute but not a million dollar act.

He talked a lot about how "soft" he was on that show and how all the judges got much harder as they moved on to different cities. That father daughter act went viral on YouTube. Which is nice, but it belongs on YouTube, not in Vegas.

Did anyone else catch the radio show yesterday? Jimmy Kimmel was in and mentioned that he saw Artie at the SNL afterpary. It seemed to have thrown Howard through a bit of a loop. Howard was wondering what Artie was doing at the SNL afterparty and how that could impact his recovery.

I did catch that, but it seems like whenever anyone brings Arties name up Stern gets thrown for a loop and changes the subject fairly quickly. I am not saying anything condescending, but it happens. Knowing Sterns personality it is probably guilt, a lot of people blame Stern for not stepping in sooner with the Artie situation. I dont think you can blame him though, Howard isn't in tune with other peoples feelings. He is hardly in tune with his own!

I am so worried about Robin. She has a growth on her bladder and has to use a catheter. I really hope it isn't serious. Has any key player on the show ever had to deal with a major health crisis other than Artie and his drug issues?

Yeah, Robin is in a tough situation. Hope for the best! She is strong woman, she will get through it!

On to a lighter topic.. Who thinks that bet including Ronnie and Richard will happen? If you haven't listened to the show lately please do. This bet is so dirty I am worried that if I post specifics about it I will be forever banned from disboards. I think Ronnie will flake out.

I hope Ronnie flakes out. This goes back to the bet with Scott and.....well you remember the one. I didn't like that bet and I don't like this one. And I already think Noel Petermen is a creep, if he sponsors this he will just repulse me!!

As one of the moderators on this board (even though I moderate a different forum and not this particular forum), I can definitely confirm - no specifics on "the bet" will be appropriate for discussion on the DIS, eaj1228.:goodvibes You were correct to not get specific!

Yep, I heard the Artie references yesterday. I listen to the show every day (even though I am really hanging on by a thread because the show is not the same to me as it was when I was really into it). I feel I have to see it through to the bitter end, but it's rough because I am bored a lot of the time.

I've said it before in this thread, a few times. I am fairly positive that Howard's weird treatment of the Artie subject over the last couple of years (as opposed to how he has no trouble discussing Jackie or other Stern show defectors) has to do with some sort of blame he has received. I have a feeling that, behind the scenes, someone in Artie's camp - maybe Artie's mom, maybe Artie's sister, maybe Artie's people - must have blamed Howard for not doing more to help Artie. Of course it is not Howard's responsibility to save Artie, but there are people who probably wanted Howard to step up and be more proactive in noticing Artie's problems because Artie idolized Howard so much.

Howard has said many times that he is detached from feelings about people, and that everything is meaningless to him (those are his own words). You can tell that this is largely true. He's not just being funny when he says that. While Artie's behavior on the show was catching everyone else's attention (including Robin, Gary, etc.), Howard stayed blissfully unaware and he now maintains the attitude of ignorance - that he didn't see or know what was happening. That's because he wanted to stay ignorant, disengaged and detached.

Again, it was and is not Howard's responsibility to save Artie or help Artie or anything like that, but he probably received blame for not doing anything. That is my strong guess. So now he doesn't even want to talk about Artie at all - even in a compassionate, caring way - because it's a touchy subject. He won't have Artie on the show. No one else (like Gary and Jon Hein) can have Artie on their shows. I don't even think Greg Fitzsimmons is allowed to have Artie on his show! I think Artie has been banned from all shows on both Howard channels, other than what we hear of him in the replays of the old shows. I could be wrong on that, but I don't think Artie has been on any of the shows on either channel since the incident, and there are people who would love to have him on as a guest.

Did anyone see my post from a couple of weeks ago about Artie suddenly being very active on Facebook and Twitter? He is hilarious. If you don't follow Artie on Facebook or Twitter, check him out when you get a chance.

I watched only a portion of AGT, just to see some of what Howard did. Honestly, I can't stand that show. I watch the singing competition shows, but as soon as AGT starts getting into crazy stuff with bird ladies and ventriloquists and mimes and magicians and strippers and all of that...I tune out.

I wish Howard had joined one of the singing shows and not AGT. I don't think I am going to be able to stick with AGT all season long, while all of the non-singing people go through their performances!:rotfl2: I suspect I will probably just tune in here and there, to pick up a random Howard critique or two, and then change the channel.

Did anyone else catch the radio show yesterday?

We have been big fans of Howards since the 80s ,can always count on the shock jock for fun.:worship:

-JH

I agree with the moderator. The bet is just to be referred to as the "the bet".
And no, I don't think it'll ever happen.

As for Howard on AGT. I had no doubt that Howard would be an awesome and fair judge.

As one of the moderators on this board (even though I moderate a different forum and not this particular forum), I can definitely confirm - no specifics on "the bet" will be appropriate for discussion on the DIS, eaj1228.:goodvibes You were correct to not get specific!

Yep, I heard the Artie references yesterday. I listen to the show every day (even though I am really hanging on by a thread because the show is not the same to me as it was when I was really into it). I feel I have to see it through to the bitter end, but it's rough because I am bored a lot of the time.

I've said it before in this thread, a few times. I am fairly positive that Howard's weird treatment of the Artie subject over the last couple of years (as opposed to how he has no trouble discussing Jackie or other Stern show defectors) has to do with some sort of blame he has received. I have a feeling that, behind the scenes, someone in Artie's camp - maybe Artie's mom, maybe Artie's sister, maybe Artie's people - must have blamed Howard for not doing more to help Artie. Of course it is not Howard's responsibility to save Artie, but there are people who probably wanted Howard to step up and be more proactive in noticing Artie's problems because Artie idolized Howard so much.

Howard has said many times that he is detached from feelings about people, and that everything is meaningless to him (those are his own words). You can tell that this is largely true. He's not just being funny when he says that. While Artie's behavior on the show was catching everyone else's attention (including Robin, Gary, etc.), Howard stayed blissfully unaware and he now maintains the attitude of ignorance - that he didn't see or know what was happening. That's because he wanted to stay ignorant, disengaged and detached.

Again, it was and is not Howard's responsibility to save Artie or help Artie or anything like that, but he probably received blame for not doing anything. That is my strong guess. So now he doesn't even want to talk about Artie at all - even in a compassionate, caring way - because it's a touchy subject. He won't have Artie on the show. No one else (like Gary and Jon Hein) can have Artie on their shows. I don't even think Greg Fitzsimmons is allowed to have Artie on his show! I think Artie has been banned from all shows on both Howard channels, other than what we hear of him in the replays of the old shows. I could be wrong on that, but I don't think Artie has been on any of the shows on either channel since the incident, and there are people who would love to have him on as a guest.

Did anyone see my post from a couple of weeks ago about Artie suddenly being very active on Facebook and Twitter? He is hilarious. If you don't follow Artie on Facebook or Twitter, check him out when you get a chance.

I watched only a portion of AGT, just to see some of what Howard did. Honestly, I can't stand that show. I watch the singing competition shows, but as soon as AGT starts getting into crazy stuff with bird ladies and ventriloquists and mimes and magicians and strippers and all of that...I tune out.

I wish Howard had joined one of the singing shows and not AGT. I don't think I am going to be able to stick with AGT all season long, while all of the non-singing people go through their performances!:rotfl2: I suspect I will probably just tune in here and there, to pick up a random Howard critique or two, and then change the channel.

ITA. I try to listen to his show,but I think I'm done. My finger has been on the "kill switch" for awhile but I also want to see it to the end. I have listened to Howard Stern since the beginning. Just not good anymore. IMO,he never should have signed a contract to continue.I never believed his head was in it.

Who else caught Howard on AGT? I thought he was great.

I have to say I thought howard was great on AGT, but....its just not my kind of show. I found most acts just annoying and the crowd annoying. i don't know, maybe its just me, but i'm not really into the reality tv stuff. those competitions seem ridiculous. I can't name one previous winner, are they really stars after? eh.

Okay, this is sort of off-topic, and yet not off-topic at the same time, as it is Howard-related. It's something Howard has mentioned on the radio show several times in the last 6 months.

"Breaking Bad," the TV show. Thoughts? Has anyone here seen it? I am sooo anxious to know what you all think, and if you have watched it!

I have to admit - sometimes I like a lot of the goofy, mindless, fun, harmless, guilty pleasure-type shows & movies that Howard likes ("American Idol," "The Bachelor," "The Real Housewives," etc.). Sometimes he watches things that I cannot stand. And sometimes he bashes movies that I love (Howard is no Disney fan, for example, and I am)!:rotfl2:

So I was hesitant to give "Breaking Bad" a try after hearing Howard rave about it (once he finally caught onto it, after Robin encouraged him). For some reason, that show was never marketed well, or the basic premise of the show didn't hook me in when I read about it. It's been on TV since 2008, and I just watched my first "Breaking Bad" episode a few weeks ago, after Howard said it was the best show on TV.

And. I. LOVE. It.

What a show! Howard and Robin are not exaggerating when they say "Breaking Bad" is amazing. Not only is there top-notch acting from every single actor on that show, including the supporting cast (there are some great villains, too!), but the writing is so good that it keeps things moving along to where it rarely gets boring. There are some "OMG! I can't believe that just happened" moments throughout the series...things that you don't really expect.

The first season of "Breaking Bad" is probably the weakest. The very first episode is not the thing that reeled me in at all. I actually started out by watching a couple of random episodes from the middle of Seasons 2 & 3. Those are what hooked me in. Then, I went back and watched all of the seasons, back to back, and am currently watching them again to gear myself up for the Season 5 debut on July 15. Seasons 2, 3 and 4 are the best - but even Season 1 has some good stuff in it.

Now I have to see how this series ends! The main character - Walter White - is surely one of the most complex characters on TV. A bad guy and a good guy at the same time. He's done awful things, and it cannot end well for him in the long run...and yet, you can't help but hope that he somehow prevails!

Howard was definitely not off the mark in his praise of this show. If you don't already watch it, you should!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter