Any Stern Fans on this Forum?

When is Arte's show starting up? Do we know what channel he is going to be on? With all these vacations Howards been taking, i am looking forward to arties show more and more (assuming it is on 5 days a week). Hopefully it delivers.

I subscribe to Sirius because of the howard stern show. Lately,everytime I put his show on its some old repeat show,which we have heard numerous times. I think I have had enough and I'm (finally)ready say goodbye to Howard and the gang. Sad that the show has lost its appeal for me. I think Howard should've ended his show and not renew his contract.Ya know that old saying," leave the party while you're havin' fun". I would rather remember how good the show was than remember that the show became a boring mess of repeats.

Now,what's this I read about Artie and his new show???????

I subscribe to Sirius because of the howard stern show. Lately,everytime I put his show on its some old repeat show,which we have heard numerous times. I think I have had enough and I'm (finally)ready say goodbye to Howard and the gang. Sad that the show has lost its appeal for me. I think Howard should've ended his show and not renew his contract.Ya know that old saying," leave the party while you're havin' fun". I would rather remember how good the show was than remember that the show became a boring mess of repeats.

Now,what's this I read about Artie and his new show???????

Artie appeared on another radio show a couple weeks ago, and apparently he has been offered a show with Nick DiPaolo (I believe).

But it's not on Sirius, not actually sure where it's going to be.

Artie appeared on another radio show a couple weeks ago, and apparently he has been offered a show with Nick DiPaolo (I believe).

But it's not on Sirius, not actually sure where it's going to be.

Thanks. I'll be watchin' this thread for the Artie show info!!

82361d60_IMGP1172.JPG

Me and Fa Fa flo-hi.

Fan

Ed- where was Fla-fla appearing at in NJ?

Sherry- Howard hates confrontation. He will avoid it at all cost. He is a wimp. He can dish it out, but cannot take it. Especially if it is some heavy stuff. That might be part of the reason he is avoiding the Artie situation. Howard is such a jerk off to everyone. I am so over him. I have not listened for months and just the other day I thought I would pop in and see what he was up to-- oh, he was up to...... a vacation LOL. Another repeat.

I just decided that tomorrow I am downgrading my Sirius subscription. I am not wasting another dime on Howard. I was die-hard for close to 25 years and I am spent. He should have left Sirius with his fans wanting more. Now? I can care less what he is doing.

By the way- you might want to check out this site to keep track of what he is doing- it *might* give you a head's up as to when he is going on vacation.
http://www.marksfriggin.com/index2.htm

That photo was taken at the ocean county library. I went to see Arty and Gary when they did their book signings there.

Gary did about 20 minutes worth of reading from his book, then took questions for about 1/2 an hour, then you stood on line to get your book signed.

Arty did about a 1/2 hours worth of stand up and then answered questions. Then the same wait in line to get your book signed.

Hats off to both of them as the library charges 10 or 20 bucks (not sure my sister watches for this kind of stuff and always get the tix) a seat and they sell out fast. The money raised is for the library to keep. It's win win for everyone involved.

Who saw David Arquette's Baba Booey shout out on Dancing With The Stars tonight? It kinda made my night. Lots of celebrities try to distance themselves from the show. David embraced it.

My am super upset. I let my brother borrow my car last night and someone smashed my window and stole my sirius radio. Trips to and from work are not as fun without Howard, Fred, Robin, and Gary. I had to listen to regular radio and I kept glancing at where my radio was mounted when I wanted to change the station. Luckily I called Sirius to cancel my subscription and they are sending me a new radio for around $20. I had to share the awesome customer service experience.

People of Earth...how are you?

Yay, Stern fans! I think being disgruntled about the show comes with the territory XD I'm 29 and have been listening since I was 12 and it really does become a part of your life when you listen more or less every day.

I'm excited to hear more about Artie's new show and to hear it. I'm not exactly on pins and needles or anything though..he's been gone so long I can wait a little longer. I just hope he's doing better health-wise.

One of the things that's been cracking me up lately has been the door slamming sound effect that Fred plays. It's just comedy gold to me.

Over the last few years I've gotten to just really enjoying the moments where everyone's talking together and funny conversations crop up. Like when it was discovered that Robin's office was a disaster zone and they went through all the things that were in her office and she tried to defend what was in there.. "I like dead flowers!" :rotfl2:

I'm not thrilled with "best of" shows, but some of them have been entertaining. This week, I'm just going to skip it. I've often felt that one thing about the show that does not hold up over time are rebroadcasts of Robin's news. Heck, I even turn it off sometimes when live; her lack of preparation really turns me off. Actually, one of the suggestions I would have had for the show before the new contract would be to run it for 3 hours (maybe 7:00-10:00 in the east) and throw out the news segment...I'm not suggesting they should get rid of Robin; I think she contributes as a sidekick, but, to me, the news segment just doesn't add to the show.

Anyway, hopefully they'll be back live next week...

I'm not thrilled with "best of" shows, but some of them have been entertaining. This week, I'm just going to skip it. I've often felt that one thing about the show that does not hold up over time are rebroadcasts of Robin's news. Heck, I even turn it off sometimes when live; her lack of preparation really turns me off. Actually, one of the suggestions I would have had for the show before the new contract would be to run it for 3 hours (maybe 7:00-10:00 in the east) and throw out the news segment...I'm not suggesting they should get rid of Robin; I think she contributes as a sidekick, but, to me, the news segment just doesn't add to the show.

Anyway, hopefully they'll be back live next week...

Agreed. It drives me crazy when she's scrambling through her papers trying to find the story. When she mis-pronounces a name, I want to scream.

And who could believe that "the news" used to be the best part of the show back in the day!? It was hilarious on terrestrial radio back in the 90s.

I still haven't listened since the last time I was here- it has been a VERY long time.

So- what is he saying about the kids on Wall Street? Is he %$#@&ing about them interfering with traffic? I know he hates the parades b/c of that LOL.

And who could believe that "the news" used to be the best part of the show back in the day!? It was hilarious on terrestrial radio back in the 90s.

I still haven't listened since the last time I was here- it has been a VERY long time.

So- what is he saying about the kids on Wall Street? Is he %$#@&ing about them interfering with traffic? I know he hates the parades b/c of that LOL.

Oh, Howard hasn't been saying anything about the Wall Street kids because - surprise surprise!! - he has been on vacation this week. (What else is new?) Since Columbus Day is on Monday, I'm sure he will be off that day too.

Robin often gets facts, names and information incorrect in her news reporting, but I feel it is made worse by Howard's constant rushing. He is so antsy to leave the air at 10 a.m. on the dot that he rushes and ignores half of what she says anyway. It seems to be an unnecessary segment most of the time these days.

I think that, since Howard and Robin talk about the daily events during the show as it is, they should only have her do the news one day a week. It's not necessary to do the news every day when Howard is barely paying attention anyway, and they have such limited airtime.

Also, I hate it when they finally get George Takei back on the show - and it seems to be forever in between visits from him now - and it's only a 3-day week. Can't Howard AT LEAST force himself to do a 4-day week when George is there?

I swear, Howard is really just 'phoning it in' so much of the time now. The fact that he always seems like he wants to hurry and get out of there coupled with the fact that there are soooooooo many vacations is really, really killing my interest in listening to the show more and more over time. The show is losing so much momentum for me and I am beginning to not even care when it's on anymore!

Oh Sherry LOL- I came back here to ask you all if you heard Howard say anything about going to OWS tomorrow- but I guess not if he is on vacation.

I am watching the live stream and reading the chat- someone posted on there that Howard will be at OWS tomorrow at 4:30. I am NOT saying this is true- just repeating what I read. I can bet is it bogus- I can't see Howard going into the city during his vacation and speaking to a bunch of kid who haven't showered in 3 weeks LOL. He might catch bed bugs or something LOL

I forgot to ask if anyone caught Artie on Letterman on Friday night ? Artie was awesome as always. :thumbsup2
I find it really sad that nobody wants to acknowledge his existence anymore :sad2:

I forgot to ask if anyone caught Artie on Letterman on Friday night ? Artie was awesome as always. :thumbsup2
I find it really sad that nobody wants to acknowledge his existence anymore :sad2:

D'oh... missed that.

Sucks when Howard doesn't promote Artie's appearances. :lmao:

I had no clue he was on, Melissa! And the funny thing is that I was just thinking recently that Artie would probably appear on a talk show or two to promote that radio show he is doing, and I wanted to be sure to not miss it if he did. (I haven't heard the radio show, either, because I don't know where to find it! I don't have DIRECTV, so if that's where it is playing I will miss it.)

And yet...I missed Artie's Letterman appearance anyway!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Okay, that's what YouTube and Hulu are for. I will just browse the Web and find Artie's Letterman segment.

How did Artie look and sound? Did he appear to be 'changed'? He was always very good at acting as though he was fine and sober, and even sounding that way. He was able to hide his addictions behind that "chubby, disheveled, funny guy" exterior pretty well. Other addicts are much more obvious in showing their problems on their faces, literally. So I never know what to make of Artie when he seems and sounds healthy because he is a master at covering up what's really happening.

As I said in this thread before, I have a strong hunch that Howard's virtual lack of acknowledgment of Artie goes beyond Howard's usual narcissism and disinterest. Let's face it - Howard is a guy that is very self-involved and I don't know if he has a great deal of concern for too many people's lives or problems if they don't directly involve him. Even when Artie was on the show, if Artie was on a roll with a funny story and was stealing too much of the limelight, Howard would change the subject. I don't think his ego could take someone else being more entertaining than he is, even if it was very good for the show.

BUT, in Howard's defense (setting his rampant narcissism and self-involvement aside), I suspect that people in Artie's life - such as Artie's mom, sister, maybe Dana, maybe whoever the current girlfriend is, etc., - ended up making some comments to Howard or possibly laying blame on him in some way, for contributing to Artie's problems. I just have a feeling that maybe the people in Artie's life did not initially blame Howard but then, over time, they may have made remarks that somehow implied Howard knew what was happening with Artie and turned a blind eye, or that the show pushed him over the edge. You know how people are when they are upset and looking for answers - sometimes they will unfairly lash out and cast blame on people.

I am not saying Howard DID turn a blind eye intentionally or that any of Artie's issues were his fault - he is not Artie's parent, and I'm sure he never would have wanted Artie to get to the point he got to...almost dead. But I think that someone, somewhere along the line, may have made Howard feel guilty for not doing anything to help Artie, or making him feel like he somehow triggered Artie's problems, or whatever....and Howard probably freaked out and has now detached himself from Artie completely because he is so paranoid that he is going to send Artie over the edge.

It is very odd that Howard won't even have Artie on the show to let him promote his new show - or even just to call in and let the fans hear his voice. He implied that he won't have Artie on because it wouldn't be good for Artie's mental state - but I feel like it would probably be cathartic for Artie to at least say something publicly on the show. If he is doing Letterman, he can certainly call into Howard's show. Heck, Artie could call in to The Wrap-Up Show, with Gary and John H, if not the Howard Stern Show itself. He could call into Geek Time, with Ralph and John H. I would be happy with that too!

But Howard won't let Artie call in or appear on any Stern-related shows, I suspect. I doubt we will even hear Artie on Greg Fitzsimmons' show. There is obviously some kind of moratorium on Artie appearances on any of Howard's channels. So that implies that Howard is either very angry and feeling betrayed about something and is just shutting Artie out, OR it implies that someone got to Howard and blamed him for something about Artie, and Howard now feels like he has to completely stay removed from all things Artie because he doesn't want to contribute to the problem.

That's my hunch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter