Any Suggestions??

sweetinmaine

DIS Veteran
I've always received great info from this board so I'm asking for your help once again...

A portion of our family will be going to WDW in March. We are hoping to stay at BWV. There will be myself and DH as well as our son, our daughter and 2 grandsons. One is 4 yrs old and the other will be sleeping in a crib. 4 adults, 1 child in a bed and 1 child in a crib.

We will have to be borrowing from our points for next year and figure that we can only afford a 1 bedroom villa. Will they allow a cot/daybed for the extra person on top of a crib? The extra bed can be set up in the master bedroom.

If this can't be done, then any suggestions for our gang with only 224 points to spend? We'd like to do the BWV but will consider POR if that works too..

Thanks for all the help... :flower:

No, sorry. Your party is too big for a one bedroom. The stated maximum is 4 people plus an infant who can use the portable crib. According to other reports on this board, MS has been allowing 5 in a one bedroom even if one isn't an infant. I do not know for sure if they will allow your party (I don't think so) - you can call and ask.

Even if MS will allow it, DVC will not provide cots or rollaways. You will have to take care of any extra bedding yourselves. Some people bring an aero bed when their children canno t/ will not sleep in the same bed.

I do not know if CRO will allow your party in POR - I would think the trundle plus the crib will make for a very crowded room.

If it were me, I'd shorten the WDW portion of the trip to 5 nights and get a 2 bedroom (check in Sunday and out on Friday). I'd stay the weekend offsite and visit other Orland attractions.

Another option is to rent the extra points you need for the 2 bedroom.

Best wishes -

sweetinmaine said:
I've always received great info from this board so I'm asking for your help once again...

A portion of our family will be going to WDW in March. We are hoping to stay at BWV. There will be myself and DH as well as our son, our daughter and 2 grandsons. One is 4 yrs old and the other will be sleeping in a crib. 4 adults, 1 child in a bed and 1 child in a crib.

We will have to be borrowing from our points for next year and figure that we can only afford a 1 bedroom villa. Will they allow a cot/daybed for the extra person on top of a crib? The extra bed can be set up in the master bedroom.

If this can't be done, then any suggestions for our gang with only 224 points to spend? We'd like to do the BWV but will consider POR if that works too..

Unfortunately, a 1-bdrm only allows for 4 people + 1 in a crib/pack 'n play. This is going to be a problem for us, too, once our third child turns 3. :guilty:

How about getting 2 studios?

sweetinmaine said:

You may want to talk to MS to see how they will handle it. You would certainly be more comfortable in a 2 BR. Depending on your anticipated length of stay, you could drop one weekend night and go to a 2 BR and likely get the 2 BR. Or you could get 2 studios for about the same number of points. another option would be adding DVC rooms for cash for weekend nights, maybe not cheaper but certainly a better value in many cases. You could rent points to cover if needed. You could also look at paying for transferred points into your account that might be shorter notice and less than the usual going rate.

disneymama73 said:
Unfortunately, a 1-bdrm only allows for 4 people + 1 in a crib/pack 'n play. This is going to be a problem for us, too, once our third child turns 3. :guilty:

How about getting 2 studios?

I knew I'd get the answer! It was staring me in the face and it just needed to be pointed out to me...Thank you so much!!! :goodvibes

2 Studios it is!! Same points! :Pinkbounc

Glad I could help! I hope you have a magical March vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter