Any tips for a 1st timer at Universal / IOA???

Desiree

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
Is it possible to see both parks in one day?

Also any tips or hints I should know about? I'm traveling with my boyfriend, myself and my 7 year old daughter. Chris and I are both avid Roller Coaster freaks. My 7 year old really isn't too keen on them yet. Do they have a parent switch feature like WDW as far as the rides are concerned?

Thanks in advance!

They do have a "baby swap" as Universal calls it. Don't pass up Dudley or Poseidon's Fury as some do. Utilize single rider and express pass lines. Plan your shows, meals, and rides before you go or while waiting in one of your first lines so there isn't wasted time criss-crossing the park and last minute decisions. And most important of all, relax and have fun.

Make sure you sit in the first row of Dueling Dragons. You need to be in row one to get the full effect.

To answer your first question, it's not really possible to do justice to both parks in a day. But since you're both coaster freaks that narrows the choice to IOA anyway.

Pick IOA for your one day!
Wean your 7 yr. old on Flying Unicorn rollercoaster. It's short & sweet with no big lines, this is how we groomed our daughter. Now she's grown to ride Hulk & Dueling Dragons and won't ride Unicorn for anything!
Yes, child swap is very beneficial too. If it's an un-crowded day, just grab a cold one in near-by snackbar and switch off on big rides.
Best Tip: Head to Jurassic Park at opening and switch-off with rides on Flying Pteranodons. Must have a kid with you to ride!
Jim

Our 7 yr old daughter also loved the Unicorn coaster! Spiderman was her favorite ride in both parks, lol! She also loved Bluto's barges (you get soaked), Camp Discovery and everything in Seuss Landing. We happen to hit Pteradon flyers when there was only a 15 min wait. It was fun but is VERY short (actual ride time is about 45 seconds!).

If it's warm enough to get wet be sure to bring changes of clothing and towels. You can leave them in the lockers at the beginning of the parks if you don't want to lug them around.

Mythos has a very nice children's menu, large portions.

At Universal we spent about 2 hrs in Woody Woodpecker kidzone. The Curious George play area is great!! Et gets long lines so try to get there early or use fast pass if it's available.

Originally posted by kellymonaghan
To answer your first question, it's not really possible to do justice to both parks in a day. But since you're both coaster freaks that narrows the choice to IOA anyway.

I agree with Kelly, you seem to be leaning toward IOA so unless you have something you just have to ride in USF the extra expense of a parkhopper single day ticket is just not worth it. If you can do IOA in one day and see everything then let us know in detail and we will tell you everything you missed and where it was. It is worth the time to explore. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter