Any tips for VWL?

niks81

Let's just say I wasn't the 'only one'!<br><font c
Hello all--I am going to the VWL for the first time next year and have finalized my reservation. They explained there were no "preferred views", however I have seen some posts that described having views of fireworks or the Electric boat parade. Can anyone give me tips on where you stayed or what I should ask for?

There won't be any views of the MK fireworks from any of the rooms....the WL would block that. Even from WL, you can't see the fireworks unless you are on the 4th floor or above on the MK side, and that's much higher than the 4th floor of VWL. Also, the trees get taller each year, and I saw a big difference in MK fireworks view from 1998 to 2000 in virtually the same room.

From what I've seen, there is some limited view of the lake through the trees, but I don't think you would be able to watch the Electric boat parade from there....I'm not positive about that but it doesn't seem likely.

You could request a lake side room, as high up as possible, and as far to the western (WL) side as possible. I think that would give you your best shot.

Good luck.

VWL only has two types of rooms - woods view and pool view - you want a pool view - very limited view of the lake. these rooms are very few so there is great demand for them, do not be surprise if VWL can't honor your request.

Looked this very situation over just last week and from what I can see only 5-10% have a "better" view. And not knowing the size of accomodations there may actually be very few units with the "better" view. And as someone said, there are LOTS of trees everwhere there, and as they grow you will "see" even less. Oh, and those bottom level rooms that have no walkways in front of them on the "woods" sides; beware, because people DO walk past them. I like lots of sunshine and twice in the very short 3 days we were there last week someone was out in front of our patio. One was a worker and the other was a guy using a cell phone who was there for the longest time, I was still in my jammies:rolleyes: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter