any tips on packing for the 2 days before we board ship?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
DS has 4 wrinkable shirts, DH 2 and myself 5 outfits that Id like to keep hung but not going to be possible. How would you pack it to spend 2 nights in different hotels before you board ship? I just pulled down the suit hanging bag we have and there is no way all this will fit in there! Should I just put all the wrinkables in 1 suitcase and hope for the best? Put my clothes/stuff in DSs suitcase that we will live out of the first 2 days?
What has everyone else done?

We spent 2 days at Poly before our cruise. I had separate suticases, we left the ones not being used in the car.

I would ROLL the wrinkable clothes and then wrap them with the plastic sleeves from the dry cleaners. If you have time, the cleaners will fold DH's shirts instead of hanging them, but if they are rayon, it won't work.

There is a laundry service on board that will "press" only.

Good luck,
Susan

We usually spend 5 days at parks before the cruise. I do pack bags with only cruise things and leave in the car. I had to purchase another garment bag last year because everything would not fit into one. We used the same system this year and things were really in pretty good shape. Suits were great and just a few items needed a quick touch up in the laundry room. My formal dress material you could wrap in a ball and nothing happens to it, it is really a great kind to buy.

Definitely pack a seperate bag for the days beforehand.....even if you are forced to carry this bag onto the ship because you don't have a car to leave it in, if it is just filled with dirty clothes, you can just shove it in the closet and not worry about it....or you could use this as your "dirty clothes hamper" just shove the dirty laundry in there every evening if it's a duffle kind of thing.

Regarding the wrinkling.....take some wrinkle releaser spray.....many people recommend Downy but I have tried other brands as well and they all work like magic! Just spray it on the clothing, give a few tugs and Voila!, no more wrinkles! This stuff is fabulous. Your clothing won't be starched and pressed but nor will it be wrinkled, and besides, by the time you're done with dinner it will be wrinkled anyway, even if you iron it. The wrinkle releaser spray smells nice and fresh too.

As far as how to pack to avoid wrinkles, I really don't know. Do your best by laying it as open and flat as possible in the suitcases and hope for the best. I don't even own a garment bag and this is what we do. Hang up immediately and Wrinkle releaser right before putting it on.

Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter