Any way to get a shorter cancel policy than 45 days with the FTP?

Selket

Been there - done that
The 45 day cancellation policy is too much for us! My husband's job sometimes dictates that he gets a last minute project and we would have to change our plans. The 5 day policy from the CRO is fine. I've read you can't book the FTP package through them however. Is that true?

Anyone with the same problem? Seems Expedia has a kind of no-questions asked trip cancelation policy you can add on. Anyone try that?

Thanks!
Carol

I would call and try to talk with someone at CRO and let them tell you they cannot book the package. Otherwise, It is 45 days unless you are a DC member and then it is 5 days for us.

I thought you can cancel up to 6 days out, it just had to be paid at the 45 day mark? I'm a DC member and that's what mine says, but I guess it could be different because I'm DC.

though i have not personally used it, i was going to suggest the expedia cancellation insurance.

dh and i are still trying to work out whether or not we can do this and the cancellation policy is a problem for us too. good luck!

It's my understanding that the FT package can only be booked through WDTC. You can cancel the reservation from 44 to 6 days out and pay a cancellation fee of $100. I realize $100 isn't loose change, but it's not exhorbitant either.

Within the 5 day window, the fee is $200. I don't know how much travel insurance is, but that may be a less expensive option.

For those whose schedules are subject to last minute changes, there just isn't much else you can do. Pay insurance, pay the fees or book at the last minute and take your chances on availability.

If you booked with DC, the following applies. ~:D~

A WDTC Disney Club Package - If you are a Disney Club member, you are required to book through WDTC but DC members are given different terms than the general public. A deposit of $100.00 is required within 14 days of booking. The balance is due 21 days prior to check in. Cancellations made 5 days or less prior to arrival will incur a $100.00 fee. Changes or modifications made 21 days or less before arrival will incur a $10.00 fee.

Thanks to everyone for the input - I am not a DC member so that won't apply to me. I'm probably better off losing the $100 if it came to that than buying the insurance off of expedia as it costs about the same. Perhaps the expedia insurance would cover the whole trip though (in case of medical emergencies and the like) so that couldn't hurt. I'll have to check that out.

Thanks again!
Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter