Anybody done the Segway Epcot tour?

floridagirrl2

I'm walking on sunshine!
When we were at Epcot last month. we saw a cast member on a Segway and asked him where we could try one out--he said there was no place in WDW to try them, but that there were Segays for rent in Celebration.

We never got around to going to Celebration, so I'm VERY excited about the new Segway tour of Epcot World Showcase! I definitely want to do it the next time I go. Would love to hear if anyone here has experienced it yet!

It looks like fun. I hope someone gives us a report if they try it.

Can't wait to try them. DH and I are going to DIsney alone in Sept and I have secretly booked a tour for us. We are staying at the BWV and I plan on hitting the bakery for breakfast, then walking over to Epcot (love walking there in the am), not telling DH till we get to Guest Relations.

I'm doing the Segway tour on May 3rd, and plan to post a full report at that time. Sounds like a lot of fun :)

Karen

Thanks Sccob & everybody else who replied. It was good to read the firsthand accounts of the tour.

I'm still undecided whether or not to book this for our Disney trip in a couple of weeks!

DH & I did the Segway tour Sunday. Our instructors were terrific, and riding the Segways was neat, but you really don't get a "tour" of the World Showcase per se. We expected more info while touring the showcase, but they really just use that area because it's closed to the public in the morning. Basically, our instructor led us in loops and swirls around the pavilions as a test of our navigational skills. The Segways themselves are harder to maneuver than they look, but as soon as you get the feel for them, relax & let the vehicle take over, it's a piece of cake. I thought it was OK, a lot of money for riding around on a Segway for 2 hours, even with the AP discount. It might have been more fun with a larger group - only one other couple in our tour as opposed to the 10 people who were supposed to comprise the group.

Thanks, Steveanddonna--based on your report, I decided not to do the Segway tour when DH and I went to Disney this past weekend. I didn't realize that there wasn't a real tour of the World Showcase--sounds like all you do is learn how to operate a Segway, which would be cool but doesn't sound quite as fun.

We paid $65 each, but that was with our annual pass discount. I think the full price is $80 or $85, and you have to secure the reservation with a credit card. There is a 48-hr cancellation policy, but our instructor told us that if you become uncomfortable during the lesson & do not want to continue on the Segway they would issue a refund. There is a 250 lb. weight limit on the Segway as well.
I really don't want to discourage anyone from doing this tour - it was a pretty cool 2 hours, but we did expect more of a traditional tour of the World Showcase, not just a ride around it. This was more of an issue for me than for DH - he was thrilled just to be riding a Segway. I was expecting a little bit of info similar to the Hidden Treasures tour combined with the Segway ride.

How do they know your within the weight limit. I'm within the limit but don't want to go though a public weigh in. The above just make me to uncomfortable. Thanks for you help.

but I don't know the answer. The CM who took my ressie told me that riders who appeared to be close to the weight limit would be weighed before the tour, but noone on our tour was. My DH is a big guy, 6'2" and about 240, but they didn't weigh him. I din't even see a scale in the meeting room. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I'd ask the CM if you call to make a tour ressie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter