Anybody else skip MGM and AK?

We could never skip MGM, but animal kingdom definately needs something else and could be skipped in a pinch. I think we were only there for 5 or 6 hours last trip.

I don't understand how folks say they can do these parks in 1/2 day. I can easily spend an entire day in any of the four parks and still not have enough time to see everything. Also, I would feel my WDW experience to be incomplete to skip any of the parks.

AK is the "iffy" park for my family. We have done it, but no one really clamors for it. Perhaps it's because we do visit many zoos, including San Diego and the Wild Animal Park, Kansas City, St. Louis and DC. I work hard to get them to Festival of the Lion King which I think is the best show on WDW, but haven't even been able to convince everyone to see Tarzan Rocks. After Popeve at Universal, Kali does seem a bit tame. Guess it's a matter of different strokes for different folks.

Originally posted by TINK61
I don't understand how folks say they can do these parks in 1/2 day. I can easily spend an entire day in any of the four parks and still not have enough time to see everything. Also, I would feel my WDW experience to be incomplete to skip any of the parks.

I agree! We spent all day at AK & still did not see everything. We can't wait to go back & enjoy it more.

We spent 2 full days at MGM. We were able to see everything, but now that I know which shows/rides are a must see & which ones are not, I could probably do MGM in a 1/2 day or a whole day.

We LOVE AK!!! We visit it several times during a week. We have a little one (3yo) and really enjoy this park with her. It is probably our second favorite behind MK. Now we generally never spend a full day in any park b/c we go back to our resort for a nap. So we need several days in AK to see it. However we only spend one half day in MGM and have had our fill. Now we always go see it once a trip, but then that's it. It's our least favorite. We also go down during low attendance time so we can do the rides we want without much wait so that is another reason I think we can do MGM much faster. We do however really like to see the Beauty and Beast Show and Playhouse Disney show there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter