Anybody "Hoop" lately?

cd&kids

DIS Veteran
We last did Hoop Dee Doo in 1996 and are planning it again this September. We've since added a third child (who was in Mom's belly the last time we were there!!)...and older kids are 14 and 10.
Hoping that the magic is still there and the food good! (I know it's expensive, but we did enjoy it).
I kind of forget how we got there. We're staying off site....do you drive to Wilderness Lodge and park there? I do remember that it was kind of a pain in the neck leaving there...if I remember correctly. (Waiting for a bus I think...?)
Thanks for any comments!!

Its been a couple years siince we've done the doo...much too long! Its on our agneda for this next trip. But it was fun in the summer of 2k and spring of 2001.

Its not at the Wilderness Lodge. Dont follow those signs! Its at the Ft. Wilderness Resort. Yes you can drive over and park there. If youre at the MK that day you can hop the boat over and back if you'd like.

My daughter (age 10) and I were just at the Hoop de Doo Revue this past Saturday. The show was WONDERFUL and the ribs and fried chicken are still really good.:D

good to know it's still great! dh has never been to hddr, so i am surprising him with hoop and a fw carriage ride on our upcoming trip. :teeth: i'll write a review when we get back. :)

Thanks for all the imput! I was going to ask this question as well! I'm going to book it for our trip. I haven't seen the show since I was 6! (I'm 30 now!)

I love the Hoop Dee Doo! We have gone on every trip to WDW since I was 3! The food has never changed (that I remember - except they vary the desserts) and the show is so entertaining! It really is a must DOO:D

We just did the HDD a week ago. We were staying on site at Old Key West, so we took the bus to MK and the boat to Ft. Wilderness - then the reverse to get home. This worked fine as we went to the early show (5pm) and MK was open until 10 that night.

We "Hooped" this past January and had a great time!! We laughed our heads off and found the food to be very good. As for getting there, we drove our own car to Ft. Wilderness -- not the Wilderness Lodge. From the parking lot you need to take an internal bus. You can't miss the bus stop -- it is to the right of the check in area and the left of the kennel. The bus will take you back to Pioneer Hall. Have a wonderful time!

Kristen

We did this for the first time in 2001. My kids all had a great time- from the 5 yr old up to the 16 yr old! When I made my reservations she said there was not enough room for my whole family (I had 6 kids then), so my hubby said he'd skip it. When we got there and I told our server he said that was crazy and they could've made room for my DH. I appreciated his attitude! We enjoyed the food too.

Hooped it up for the last 12 years.Going again this year 12/7/03.We have seen many cast changes over the years but all have done a great job with the show.Food is still good but we really go for the show.Have been chosen twice to be in production and given Pioneer Hall Players Certificate signed by none other than Dolly Drew.(I was Davey's angel twice.):earsboy: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl:

It's a family tradition with us too. I usually book many months in advance so we're always down front. Our son even got picked one year to be the Texas Ranger....but he chickened out :mad: He missed his one big chance for fame....he's too big to be picked now.

Anyway...the cast changes regularly, but the show is probably exactly as you saw it in 1996.

Have a great time!

Originally posted by caitycaity
good to know it's still great! dh has never been to hddr, so i am surprising him with hoop and a fw carriage ride on our upcoming trip. :teeth: i'll write a review when we get back. :)

Did you book the carriage ride in advance? Im going in October with my mom and would love to surprise her with a ride.

We did HDD November 2002. It was a great show and we really enjoyed it. The food was very appetizing and the kids loved the chicken and ribs. My only 'issue' was that we purchased our tickets early (party of 4), and we were seated second-level center. Most of the audience participation took place on the first level. Also, next time we'll have to do the carriage ride--which you can reserve when you are there at the hall. Other than that, we may Hoop again in a few years.

Originally posted by StaceyA
Did you book the carriage ride in advance? Im going in October with my mom and would love to surprise her with a ride.

To answer my own Question, I booked the carriage ride for October by calling 407-824-2832, I think she said 90 days in advance...and it is $30.00 per half hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter