anybody in dlp over new year?

tracyjane

disney loving fanatic
hi all:wave2:
is there anybody on here, or know of anybody whats going/been to dlp over new year? im going 30th dec for 3 days, always been over xmas 24th for 3days, was just wondering what kind of thing go on over new year? do you need extra tickets for events? can you just stay in the parks until 1.00a.m, as i see its open until then on that night, we are staying in the disney hotel:Pinkbounc :hyper: , which is an added bonus to the trip (i hope anyway) does anything special happen in this hotel over new year period;) . any information grateful:wave:
tracy x x

Hi Tracy

I am watching this thread with great interest as we are going to book the Disneyland Hotel for next 05/06 New Year as we have just had a fantastic Halloween stay there and thought that New Year would be a fantastic time to go back.

Someone must have a few experiences to share and i would love to know all about it.We are hoping to book castle club if we can get availiblity to get the Vip fastpasses and were thinking of booking a 2nd sitting meal at Walts's on mainstreet for the evening itself. Any tips greatly appreciated.

Tracey please please post some info on your return and I hope you and your family have a fantastic holiday.

:wave:

Quirky.x

Hi ,

we stayed in the CC in the disneyland for 5 nights over last NYE.

It was fantastic - very busy in the parks with long queues but great atmosphere.

Specials included Xmas Parade, tree lighting etc.

On NYE itself we had dinner in the Disneyland (1st sitting) then went out into the park and had champagne from the street vendors and watched the Fantillusion Parade. We went back to the hotel and had more champagne then went up to the CC lounge were we watched a live band below us in the main lounge.
At midnight we had a fantastic view of the midnight fireworks over the Castle and then watched as the park gradually emptied as 1 O'clock came. We want to go again next year.

It is vital to book any sit down restaurants as soon as you can as you may be disappionted if you wait until you arrive.

Photo's including the NYE buffet are here :

http://community.webshots.com/album/110473781BNjfiD

http://community.webshots.com/album/109848965gVAKzX

Alec

OMG!!!!

Fabulous i love the piccies and following them i think i would now choose the Gala dinner in Innventions. We have 2 daughters who will be 4 and 2 ....got to keep the bosses happy!

do you feel that the cc supplement is worth the extra and who did you book with !

PS Oilily rocks!!!!

Hi quirky,

We are members of the shareholders club and so always book with DLP central reservations to get our discount.

IMHO the CC supplement is definately worth it. We like the fact that the rooms are quieter, there is less waiting for breakfast, sometimes characters make surprise visits to the CC floor, the CC lounge is a great place for a short break from the parks, the VIP fastpass etc. and it must be said the the staff are very good too.

If there was no CC or Oilily I might have a few quid in the bank ;)

hi there
your photos are brill, i tried ringing castle club direct but they are fully booked:( unless somebody cancel, which i hope they do, sounds cruel but there you , never mind.at least im in the disney hotel because they are now fully booked, only cheyanne left dont think thats spelt right:confused: .
tracy::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

Alec

I am there from 31 Dec - 2 Jan. How bad are the queues going to be? I am worried about it being really bad for the parades and things - do you have any tips you can pass on? Is there anything specifically Christmasy that you would recommend?

Thanks

Nick

hi:wave2:
you will love it, everything is very christmasy, but it's usually very busy, hope it rains then you will do the rides with no problem, everybody seems to run in. but what ever you will enjoy it im sure. i have been 3 times over xmas before, we love it:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
::MinnieMo tracy::MinnieMo

ps what hotel you staying in?

Hey Tracy

Thanks - I am sure we will love it - we love Christmas and of course, all things Disney. We are staying in the Cheyenne - last time there we stayed at Santa Fe - I know they won't be everyone's cup of tea but we are simply looking for somewhere to sleep at night. We will be in the parks from opening until they throw us out!!!

I'm really looking forward to it - have you been over New Year itself? Any tips on where to see the fireworks/parades??

Thanks

Nick

hi there
i have never been over the new year itself so im hoping there is something different, but if there aint it does not matter. we always stand at the start of the main street, but if you have got the time to wait about, try to get up the top where the train is, we never got up there but the view looks great. hpoe you have a brill time
::MinnieMo tracy::MinnieMo
:tongue: :tongue: :hyper: :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter