Anyone been there November AND February

vellamint

DIS Veteran
breaks.....trying to figure out which week would be LESS crowded as it seems the weather is more or less equal.

The week OF Presidents Day or the week OF Thanksgiving.......

I have a son starting junior high this year and am not sure of scheduling of testing and such so I was trying to NOT pull them out of school (although I would really love to).

I have the Birnbaum's Walt Disney World book and they show that Presidents' Week is in the "Most Crowded" listing and Thanksgiving Week is under the "Average Attendance" listing.

We were looking at Presidents' Week or the week before and I've gotten several people responded back to me to take the week before, because Presidents' Week is extremely busy.

In 1999, we arrived in Disney on Thanksgiving Day and were there for 10 days and I found that the crowds were not to bad (30-40 min. waits)on the weekend, but then after that it was 5-10 min. waits for everything. Maybe look at taking your son out a couple days after Thanksgiving instead of before. Just a suggestion.

Also with Thanksgiving Week, you'll hit Disney's Christmas festivities, and it's a sight not to miss.

Hope this helps!

We've gone both weeks several times over the years and our experience is that the week of Thanksgiving is a lot less crowded than President's week. Thanksgiving weekend is crowded, but the earlier part of the week is great! During President's week, there seems to be no break from the crowds. The weather is pretty much the same during both time periods, so I would choose Thanksgiving week just because you can also catch most of the Christmas decorations ..... well worth it in my opinion!

This will be my 3rd year in a row going during Thanksgiving week. I probably won't ever go back in the summer again. It's not as crowded during the week before and on Thanksgiving day and the weather is wonderful. Although in 2000...we almost froze to death. The Osbourne Family Light show at MGM is a must see!!!:wave:

Less crowded in November and we've had better luck with weather then, too. And you have the added advantage of those decorations!

ME ME ME!;) I go the first 2 weeks in Nov. and the first week in Feb. NO Crowds, NO lines, but the parks aren't open as late as summer. I recently did June, and NEVER AGAIN!:rolleyes: (I know better, but, oh well...:rolleyes: ).

sgfala--
what's it like Thanksgiving day at the Parks? My DD and I are going this year, arriving Wednesday morning & leaving Sunday afternoon. Do they still have parades in the afternoons or evenings. I'm assuming they close at 6 or 7pm? We are going to try to get dinner reservations at CG and hopefully they will have fireworks.... I usually go during late spring and early summer... and only once at the beginning of November

Thanks, and I'm going to buy a green ribbon and see how many other DIS' are there.
Jeanny :-)

Hey Jeanny,

We were at MGM the day before Thanksgiving. A little crowded, but not bad at all. Best I can remember, the longest wait time was about 30 minutes for The Tower of Terror. Of course, Fantasmic was the same. I think it is any time you go. You need to be there at least and hr and a half before show time. We were at US on Thanksgiving day and had the run of the place. No lines, no waiting...it was wonderful. The Friday after Thanksgiving we went to IOA....not too bad. But it was the 1st day of Grinchmas and we stood in line about an hour. Even if you have to wait on some of the attractions....at least its not 250 degrees and humid.......LOL

Susie

Hey Susie-
thanks for the info... I was thinking of going to MK on Wednesday after we arrive, hoping they will be opened late and maybe MGM on Thanksgiving morning/afternoon and then back to MK if we can get PS for dinner.

thanks for your help... have a great trip with your grandchildren!\
Jeanny :-) :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter