anyone booked through Expedia? Toledo/Detroit flyers heads up

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
I just found a fare for $177 on Expedia, USAir out of Detroit at good times too. I don't want to book through the USAir site because they limit you to 4 tickets and I need 5. The next lowest airfare I'm getting out of Toledo or Detroit is $202, so this fare would save me $125.
Do you get paper tickets through Expedia or Etickets? Can you pick your seats? Any help is appreciated.
Or should I wait more? (July 7-16 is my trip). I'm so excited because this is the only budge in fares for 5 weeks.
Robin M.

Robin:

$190.50 (that includes all taxes and fees) is the standard price on NWA for non-stops out of DTW to MCO or TPA right now. If you can't find flight times you like at MCO, try TPA--the lower priced fares don't sell out there as fast--and the times seem to be better. And it really isn't that much farther to drive.

The cheapest I have paid is 151.50 (including all taxes, etc); and that was for our upcoming trip in April. (It was NWA DTW to TPA nonstops).

Trudy

I just booked my airfare using expedia. I was able to choose paper tickets and my seats. They were mailed to me and received in 4 days...I also found a lower rate from Portland Maine to MCO on this site as compared to USair site.
I was pleased with how it all worked out. We are going 6/15-22nd. Good luck..:p

WE got our air tickets from Nashville to MCO for 3 round trip for under $500 from Expedia. We ordered them on a Saturday and received them the following Monday. I highly recommend PAPER TICKETS during this wild time of flying. If you get e tickets and something happens to your plane or luggasge, you will have to stand in a LONG LINE to exchange for the real tickets.

Expedia is great!

Well I blew it. DH wouldn't commit to Detroit unless we were saving enough to justify getting a car to take us up there. Today my best Toledo-MCO airfares went up $11 each ($55 for us total), so it would have made it--but now the fare is gone, and only one shows up for either Toledo or Detroit under $200--the NWA direct to MCO from DTW for $190. Except the only time available to come home is leaving the airport at 10AM.
Guess I"ll keep looking.:(
I would have saved $46 each with that fare and made up for the car but I couldn't reach him today, he is at a home show.
Robin M.

Hi! Robin.......I live in Toledo, we booked on expedia before without a problem..I prefer to fly out of Toledo........by the time you drive to Detroit.....pay to park for the week and just the hassle of navigating DTW....well Imho toledo is worth the few dollars more.....now I also prefer non -stop flights (the less time in the air the better Lol).... but were flying Delta........Toledo-Cinnci-Orlando in April......210$......not the cheapest fare but I booked it last year when there were scares that ticket prices might go thru the roof.......seats were assigned when I booked directly thru delta....when I booked thru expedia they were not but Delta was on strike( Com-Air) last year out of Toledo and we ended up in Detroit any way....a real pain.......anyway good luck.... keep looking the fares change sometimes daily.......200$ I think is a fair price round trip and anything better is just icing on the cake. ............RAH

Robin -
Southwest does not allow their fares to be quoted on Expedia, travelocity, or Orbitz. Go to southwestairlines.com. R/T from DTW to MCO is $196, multiple departure and arrival times.

Also, go to Spirit Airlines directly (spiritair.com). I got a quote of $166.50 (incl of taxes, for trip 5/02) DTW to MCO with choices for arrival/departure.

You have plenty of time before your trip - IMHO, I would wait and see if prices drop again, even just to where they were before. It is not uncommon to get tix to MCO for less than $200.

I've booked online through Expedia, et al, for about seven years now, about 20 trips/yr. Never had any issues. Because of increased possibility of flight bumps/changes, I would recommend either paying for a paper ticket or getting a paper copy of your ticket when you check in on an ticket. If anything happens, you'll need paper tix to switch to another carrier's flight.

Good luck!

last year I needed 9 tickets I went on line to USAir and got the flight number and times and then called USAir and they gave me the same rate, not at first though, they quoted me a price and I told them I saw it online for $184 plus tax and they gave me that price. The came to $215ea. A little high but it was the times we wanted. althought this year we might drive but I'm trying to talk my DD into flying again USAir would not be my first choice. Each flight of our trip was delayed anywhere from 30min. to an 11/2 hours, and there were already layovers. coming home we spent 3 hours in Charlotte on a 11/2 hour layover and a 11/2 hour delay. If we fly I want to try Spirit or NWA. I was hoping NWA would have some kind of deals with their new expansion at DTW opening.

trudyz:

Is the 190 price on NWA's webpage. I can only get that price from flying from flint, which, connects at dtw. If I use the flight # for the nonstop dtw to tpa or mco portion the price ranges from 236 to 399. A big difference. Do you know why?

Thanks.

Ilane, when I've checked on the nwa.com site (which I admit has not been today...YET) I get a direct flight from Detroit to MCO for $190, but the return time is 10:10 AM. Flights later on our return day (July) are much more $$.
Robin M.

llane:

That price is from the NWA webpage. Depending on where you are in MI, you can try Flint, GR, Saginaw, Toledo, etc. Air Tran may fly out of Flint also, I'm not sure.

llane, you can also try flying to TPA. It seems that the better flight times sell out the limited "cheap seats" quicker to MCO than Tampa--so if we are particluar about times, we often end up flying into Tampa for less $---and Tampa isn't that much further.

I never did understand that if I booked a flight from Toledo or Flint to MCO (and ended up on the same DTW to MCO flight I would have been on if I booked only that segment) it is cheaper. Must be something to do with the markets.

Trudy

Just booked out of DTW for MCO June 22-29 and had my choice of flight times. Ended up with early in, late out just like we wanted for the 190.50. This is the first time I have found it this cheap since I started looking a month ago. A couple of days ago I was almost ready to book on Spirit for 259. Sure glad I was tired and didn't want to mess with it. Only thing is I've got etickets, but oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter