Anyone cancelling WDW trip due to economy?

I really feel sorry for those that can't afford to go and those that must cancel their trips because of the economy. This economy hasn't effected me yet, but all of a sudden I have friends and family members asking if my company is hiring. I'm starting to see many people I know losing their jobs.

I'm not canceling my Dec trip, but I've been very fortunate to be in a secure place. I might get flamed for this, but it seems some people might be taking the same attitude that brought our economy to where it is today. "Live for today, you don't know what tomorrow will bring."

Sure, I can get hit by a bus tomorrow. But the chances of that happening versus me living to retirement is very slim. I'd rather live for tomorrow and that's why I can afford to go in December. Everything I have today is because of hard work, being responsible and making sacrafices (smart choices). Nothing was ever given to me.

Just please be responsible. :goodvibes

No flames from me--I think you are absolutely correct! I think this year's trip will be my last for a while. WDW isn't going anywhere. I'll still take vacation days, but I'll do things close by.

This thread is really a better fit for the Theme Parks Community board, so I've moved it there. :)

well, actually we are looking at a wdw vacation b/c we think we will be cancelling our may cruise...just way too much to spend on vacation right now. we've got access to very nice and very affordable lodging in orlando and so we can do a nice wdw vacation for about 1/3 of what the disney cruise would cost us. i gotta get my disney fix, but it looks like it won't be on a cruise!

oh well, i've been reading that some people are rather disappointed with the work done during dry dock anyway so maybe i'm not missing much?:confused3

I probably should cancel since I'm losing my job on Dec 15, but my WDW vacation in November is the only thing that is keeping me from going off the deep end at times. I do have several leads for a new job, but it's slow going.

Hope your interview went well today!

Thanks for all the replies. I'm considering shortening our trip rather than cancelling it. My dh would rather nix it all together. But I think, in my humble opinion, a healthier compromise would be to cut our stay from 9 days to 5 days.

We live in Alaska, and we have paid off the trip cost and look forward to taking our family trip....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter