Anyone cruising June 5, 2004?

No docs yet but FedEx says they should be here today. I hope, I hope, I hope!

We don't have anything planned for Key West, though I would love to tour the cemetary (so I/m weird, I love to walk through old cemetaries, there are always such interesting markers and inscriptions). It is supposed to be quite something. And of course, shopping and the sunset.

On Grand Cayman we are taking the early island tour with snorkeling at Stingray City. Taking dd7 on that one, then taking her back to the ship and doing some sightseeing and shopping on our own.

On Cozumel we are looking at taking a cab to San Gervasio (I would love to see it, even if it isn't major ruins) and then shopping in town.

Hopefully we can find each other near the party, that would be fun to meet early on....

Kat

:Pinkbounc princess: :sunny:

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

My DH laughed at me at lunch!! I have been doing the impatient dance all day!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc FedEx has guaranteed delivery of our docs by 7pm and the last post on the tracking shows them on the truck for delivery!!! I cannot sit still!

DH is going to let DD7 open the envelope and find out where we are going on vacation that way. I guess I can put up with three weeks of "when are we leaving?".

And of course the night before our cruise is the opening of Prisoner of Azkaban for all you Harry Potter fans! I am working a half day and we are going to an afternoon showing, having dinner then heading to a hotel near the airport (airport is 1 1/2 hrs from home). Our flight leaves at 8am and we will be able to sleep about a half hour beyond the time we would have to leave home this way!

I am getting too excited for words!!!!!

Kat

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

grlzmom: what time did u book for on the Capt. Marvins deal(8:30, 11:15, 1:45) did you book thru them completely and which excursion did you choose (short/half-day/etc). It says on some of the "older" navigators the time approx. ashore (GC) is 8am. For the first time (8:30) on the short excursion it says ck in BY 8am. That would be impossibe, I'm guessin'.

Did any of the rest of you guys book Capt Marvins this go-around?

Got my documents as well. T/A had them for no tellin' how long, don't think she realizes how exciting that is for us cruisers. Oh well.

also jneaves45, you sd you booked capt marvins as well, same ?'s apply to you that I gave to grlzmom, if you wouldn't mind. :teeth:

looks like we are booked for 10:00 and half day trip. booked directly with capt marvin's also. you can pay them when you get there also, minus the deposit

I got my docs!!!!! I am sooooooo excited. Now if my airline tix would come I'd be all set!

Is Main dining the early or late seating??? I am thinking it is the early but I cannot find anything that says for sure.

DH let DD open the package and she is now soooooo excited and is really looking forward to the trip. And when I told her that there would be other girls her age (7) she was even more excited so we will definitely have to get them introduced early on!

It just seems that much closer now.....

Kat

Glad some of you guys got docs today :)

We are booked on the 11:15 short excursion with Capt. Marvins.

We have previously done the half and all day excursions. Since we are taking some of the younger dds this time, we are opting for the shorter one, just enough time in the sun. They get really tired after a couple of hours. You will love whichever one you choose. They are the best. Last time we had Capt. Marvin himself and he was celebrating his 83rd bday! Their shop is nice and airconditioned and so are their shuttle busses.

It would be very difficult to make the 8:00 trip. For those going without little ones I highly recommend the all day one, it is incredible to say the least.

Main dining is early dining. Kind of cuts into the day, but the only way to go with kiddos.

One thing we really enjoyed last time was booking Palos champagne brunch for Sunday a.m. just in time to watch the boat dock in Key West. It was beautiful.

My girls are Potter fans also and hoping we can let them catch the movie sometime that Friday too. Wonder what kind of movies will be showing on board during our cruise?

Jeanne, I heard that you can call the cruise line up to a week before your cruise and find out what movies are playing. I tried to call earlier tonite and after being on hold for 20 minutes I gave up!

I thought main was the early dining. That means that they fixed it for me. My ta had mistakenly put me in for late but being diabetic I cannot eat that late for the entire cruise! So that is cool!

DD is sooooooo excited now. So am I!

Kat

Kat, Jeanne, Sherry and everyone else,
Good idea about meeting before the sailaway party. Just tell me where and when.
Got my passporter in the mail yesterday. Nice way to have everything from the boards in one book. And the packing list is great!
Should I call allseasons if I haven't received my docs yet?
Yesterday I had to tell my ds, 9, that he would be missing field day and awards(we have snow days to make up)while we're gone. He said, "I don't care, I'll be on a Disney cruise!"
We are pumped.
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce:
Ann

Ann,

If you haven't received your docs I'd definitely call. I have to call today to find out where my airline tix are!

DD7 is out of school May 27 (they made up their snow day on President's Day) so she will have been out a week already when we leave.

Yeah, if we can all meet near Pluto's before the Sail Away party that would be neat! I expect DH and DD will go to the party so it will just be me....

Three more weeks!!!!

Kat

Allseasons says two weeks prior to trip is when I'll get my docs.:rolleyes:

Is there a way we can meet at a place close enough so we can attend the sailaway party too? I don't want to miss it but do want to meet all of you.

Thanks,
Ann

I called the air/sea number (they handle docs) 1-877-566-0967, and ours are in the mail to us. If anyone is antsy I would recommend calling them.

I originally had late dining, but had them switched to main, I tend to get migraines if I don't eat on a schedule, no probs at all with a Dr's note.

Deck 9 at the sailaway is way crowded, deck 10 is kinda calmer. I don't do stairs (wheelchair) but it is prob better to meet on 10, then if you want to go to 9 there are stairs, let me know. The sail-a-way is not to be missed, almost wrth the price of the cruise!

Sherry

I am flexible and will meet when/where you guys decide. Still hoping to see some of you guys at port that a.m. in line :)

Anyone with a 14 year old dd on this trip. I am sure my dd14 would like to make a buddy before we sail.

Anyone staying at the Radisson the night before, if the weather is good you will probably see my gang hanging by the pool. My parents are flying in and meeting us there Friday afternoon. We are actually arriving on Wednesday and doing Disney for a couple of days precruise and then for a week post cruise.

Deck 10 is ok too if you can get your chair up there. We will overlook the party from there, will we not? I am in stateroom 6607 so we can always call and leave msgs or put sticky notes on doors too! Where on deck 10 do you suggest, Sherry?

Kat

Kat.

Yes, deck 10- overlooks the goofy pool, that is where the sail-a-way is. I will be up there (elevator goes there) prob by the side which is on where we board, I love to see the CM's waving bye with the Mickey hands. I am usually by the railing by the pool, I am very very easy to spot, I have long blonde hair and my power chair is blue. The reason I don't go to deck 9 is that it gets so crowded, and since I am sitting I can't see very well.

We are in cabins 6145 & 6147 aft inside.

Be sure and find me, I love to talk!!!!

Where are we meeting on the sea day?

We just went to see the movie Van Helsing,STUPID MOVIE, altho Hugh Jackman looked really good hhahaha.

Later
Sherry

Sherry,

You should be easy to find then. I will definitely look for you and hope the others do too.

We are also inside cabin though not quite so aft as you and on the other side of the ship. Not too far, though!

We saw VAN HELSING on Tuesday. It was fun in a twisted sort of way. No great shakes on the acting but very busy and yes, Hugh is cute!

Kat

GREAT! Deck 10--before the sailaway--Sherry is our meeting spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue: About what time?
Do you still want me to do any name tags or do you want to punt that? I'll do whatever I'm told.:sunny:
Ann

Well, I'd say whenever we can get that way between the boat drill and the sailaway. Somewhere overlooking the goofy pool.

I'd say punt the tags. If my order from the Disney store arrives in time I should be wearing my white Minnie paradise Tshirt and hopefully have changed into shorts and sandals by the time of the sailaway.

I am going to try to get my haircut today (I keep it fairly short and it has gotten out of control) and then sometime on Monday on the cruise I am going to try to schedule an appt at the salon for some type of color and a manicure as a surprise to DH. I got looking at menus and I would like to try to make a ressie at Palos for Tuesday as the Master Chefs menu doesn't impress me much.

I still hurt this morning. Surprise root canal yesterday. I just hope my dentist can get a permanent filling and a crown before we leave! Ugh.

Three weeks from now I will be waiting at the airport!!!!!

Kat

I agree, punt the name tags.

I will prob be up on deck 10 right after the muster drill so I can get a good view! The sail-a-way is so much fun, the horn is really loud so heed the warning.

I am gonna bring bubbles, the kids love to blow them, pack some along too, they make it even more festive!

Later,
Sherry

I can't wait to meet everyone on deck 10. We are in cabin 6323. Has anyone else booked the romance at sea package? We did and will be able to make our Palo ressie before the cruise and hopefully our spa ressie also as part of the package. Never thought about bubbles...

Sandi
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter