Anyone doing the may 07 dance?!

Those of you going through GA on I-75...just check the interstate system to make sure the road is open. My mom lives just south of the FL state line in GA and said Sunday that I-75 was closed from Valdosta to the FL state line and into FL. We leave in 11 days and will decide our route closer to Friday. We can go back roads, but it takes so much longer.

11 days and counting !!!!!!

:cheer2: :banana: :yay:

We are also leaving next Thurs. Are any of the interstates closed due to the fires? We have to go down I-10 and then to 75.
mousiemom

I have read that those are the two interstates affected the most. We go via I-95 and I-4 and I haven't read anything about those being affected.

I have read that those are the two interstates affected the most. We go via I-95 and I-4 and I haven't read anything about those being affected.

We took I-95- I-4 and all was fine latest Sunday. Of course things could have changed. The parks were pretty smokey in the am. mostly.

:cool1: Just back!! We had a fabulous time, of course! pixiedust: Not a single drop of rain (during the day) during our visit, but it wouldn't have been so bad to get a few showers here and there because the smoke is terrible. :( Florida does need some help from Mother Nature, that's for sure.

The crowds were minimal. Lines were manageable. Except for Saturday the 12th. It was super hot and super muggy and super smoky and super CROWDED...we should have stayed at our hotel that day. That's where we ended up after our tempers flared. ;)

Yup, May is still a good time to go to Disney World. For all of you in the single digits and/or leave sometime this month, I know how excited you are. I wish you all a *magical* time. :wizard: Thanks for letting me share my countdown with you. ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Leaving work at 4PM tomorrow....DW is meeting me at the airport with DD (DW is staying home this time around).....

DD and I will be in the air - hopefully - at 7PM tomorrow night.

Finally!!!

We took I-95- I-4 and all was fine latest Sunday. Of course things could have changed. The parks were pretty smokey in the am. mostly.
That is good to hear, thanks!

:cool1: Just back!! We had a fabulous time, of course! pixiedust: Not a single drop of rain (during the day) during our visit, but it wouldn't have been so bad to get a few showers here and there because the smoke is terrible. :( Florida does need some help from Mother Nature, that's for sure.

The crowds were minimal. Lines were manageable. Except for Saturday the 12th. It was super hot and super muggy and super smoky and super CROWDED...we should have stayed at our hotel that day. That's where we ended up after our tempers flared. ;)

Yup, May is still a good time to go to Disney World. For all of you in the single digits and/or leave sometime this month, I know how excited you are. I wish you all a *magical* time. :wizard: Thanks for letting me share my countdown with you. ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo
Welcome back and glad you had a great time. The smoke worries me - guess I'll have to be sure and pack the nebulizer and plenty of meds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter