Anyone else feel robbed of their Disney experience?

We are travelling from the UK in 3 days time, our 2 daughters have no idea that we are going (original trip planned for 09/13 got postponed) I cant wait to see their faces when we tell them that Mickey is ready and waiting for us!!!!!!! We are very excited and not at all nervous. What will be will be..... Safe journey to everyone.

I had just the opposite reaction- last week I got on the phone and scheduled a surprise trip to WDW for this weekend. My wife, especially, needs something wonderful to take her mind off of things. There's no better place to take your mind off of the "real" world, and I can't think of a time when we've needed to forget the real world so much.

We were also at Disney with our three children when the WTC tragedy occurred. It was difficult not to be in our own home security at this very difficult time. We did go back to the parks on Wednesday for the sack of our young children. But, Kate099, you are correct - it was difficult & "the vacation was truly over."

For people that have plans to go in the near future - GO!!!!!!!!! The airplanes are much more secure. You deserve this trip because you worked hard, planned long and sacrifaced somewhere to be able to go. Take your children & enjoy your family memories that you are creating.

God bless America & everyone!!

I understand that we shouldn't give in to the terror and most of us planning a trip have the guilt of going away to the "happiest place on earth" For me it's so scary. I am taking my three children and my husband on a plane to an airport not thirty miles from the site of the twin towers. It is going to be really hard. I know I will do it for my children who at 7,3 and 2 who truly can't understand. As I leave from NEW York's Laguardia airport my heart will be in my throat and my mind on the many souls who went to work and never came home. I hope God will be with us and with all American's.

Mouse- The fact is, though, that you are in much more danger driving to the airport than you are flying out of it.

(My wife is from East Setauket- love the seafood in your area!)

THEMOUSE, we're just back from WDW. While we were there we talked to three different families from the NYC area. They all said the NY airports are still ghost towns (some came from JFK and some from Newark.) BWI was not a ghost town. BTW, they were all glad they came.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter