Anyone else have issues with housekeeping

irazabul

Mouseketeer
I stayed at the THV a couple weeks back and at Jambo about 6 months.

At Jambo, I noticed that the room was not cleaned very well - obvious crumbs and debris on the floor, hair in the shower drain. I just bushed it off to maybe a bad day or mistake or a fluke.

At THV, I again saw hair on the shower drain and there was a used and molding coffee filter in the coffee maker.

Has anyone else noticed a decline is quality of housekeeping? I find it interesting as there are also recent threads on the increased wait times to reach MS. This certainly is alarming if it is a trend.

Experiences with housekeeping will always vary wildly.

DVC presents its own challenges because the rooms are cleaned rather infrequently (can be up to 7 days between full cleanings), occupancy levels are very high and many guests desire early access to their rooms.

Institutionally the standards remain the same. But when you get right down to it, we're talking about human beings who clean the rooms. The missed items could have been a result of poor training, poor follow-up, carelessness, etc.

Best thing you can do whenever you discover a housekeeping or maintenance issue is to report it. Don't suffer through a disappointing experience...pick up the phone and call either housekeeping or maintenance to report. And if that doesn't yield results, make a brief stop at the front desk and speak to a manager.

Whenever we've run into an issue, Disney has always been very responsive to the problem.

For us, we tend to have more issues than not. It's getting to a point where it seems like Disney wants you to inspect the rooms instead of a manager.

The more rooms that you check into, the more you notice the issues.

We seldom have our rooms serviced per the DVC cleaning schedule, it's almost an expected family joke. One stay I got into a lengthy discussion with the SSR Front Desk folks about the cleaning schedule. There were 8 or so involved including a couple of coats. Only 1 CM knew the correct schedule.

:earsboy: Bill

We'll be at BWV two weeks from now and you can bet if there's ANY problems with the room housekeeping will be called until they make it right. Since my DVC dues for housekeeping is $381.01 for 2014 they can take the time to make it right.

I think the only issue we had so far was at BWV on a 5 night stay in OCT. 2010....one of the lamps in the bedroom didn't work so I called for a new lightbulb etc...

They said they'd be there the next day as it was 11pm by the time we got back to the room and called them then.

Next day, we returned...the lamp was still not working! And when I called, I just remember getting the run-around. I think I was "promised" it would be fixed by the next day....you can guess what happened...

At that point I was just annoyed...I never reported it and it seemed small at the time but next time I think I'll go to the front desk and wait until they give me a light bulb. And I'll just do it myself.

I have been a member for quite sometime and really cannot remember a bad experience with housekeeping. On a recent trip to Vero beach the housekeeper asked us everyday if we needed anything. This was unusual, but it was in October and a low occupancy. I would agree with others if it is not right definitely call or visit the front desk. I have yet to have them not solve a problem I had.

Best thing you can do whenever you discover a housekeeping or maintenance issue is to report it. Don't suffer through a disappointing experience...pick up the phone and call either housekeeping or maintenance to report. And if that doesn't yield results, make a brief stop at the front desk and speak to a manager.

:thumbsup2

Experiences with housekeeping will always vary wildly.

DVC presents its own challenges because the rooms are cleaned rather infrequently (can be up to 7 days between full cleanings), occupancy levels are very high and many guests desire early access to their rooms.

Institutionally the standards remain the same. But when you get right down to it, we're talking about human beings who clean the rooms. The missed items could have been a result of poor training, poor follow-up, carelessness, etc.

Whenever we've run into an issue, Disney has always been very responsive to the problem.

We are also talking about human beings who stay in the room. Ten years ago, I'd have noticed hair in the shower drain, now, without my glasses, it would need to be pretty bad to notice. ;) I don't wear my glasses in the shower, so my ability to notice things like crumbs on the floor or hair in the drain has gone way down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter