Anyone else having trouble canceling BOG reservation online?

SandS_K

Earning My Ears
I have a BOG reservation for Aug 9th that I want to cancel. When I went online to cancel it, it stated that I must call in. Anyone else have this happening. Would rather cancel it online.

Perhaps the cancellation went through the first time you tried and there is a lag to remove if from your reservation page? That happened to me once, and it said "call to cancel," and when I called they explained it was already cancelled and would disappear in a day or two.

Perhaps the cancellation went through the first time you tried and there is a lag to remove if from your reservation page? That happened to me once, and it said "call to cancel," and when I called they explained it was already cancelled and would disappear in a day or two.
Thanks for the info. I will wait a couple days and if it doesn't clear, I will have to call them.

:confused3This is what always happens to me.
If I cancel a dining reservation, I receive an email confirmation of the cancellation BUT I still see the reservation in My Plans on MDE and it does not go away. So, I delete the app and then download it again, and the cancelled reservation no longer appears in my plans.

:confused3This is what always happens to me.
If I cancel a dining reservation, I receive an email confirmation of the cancellation BUT I still see the reservation in My Plans on MDE and it does not go away. So, I delete the app and then download it again, and the cancelled reservation no longer appears in my plans.
You just need to refresh on the app. Pull the screen down to force a refresh and they are gone :)

I totally take back what I said before. I went to delete one of my August reservations just now and it gave me the same "not available to cancel online" error message. So it is probably some system-wide issue/glitch, at least for August reservations! Will probably be resolved by tomorrow I would guess.

At least now you know it is not just you!

Seems like an issue, however, we were able to just do it via the App as opposed to the desktop online version.... Perhaps its Vanellope ;o)

I had this happen last month. I was reviewing my reservations when we arrived in Orlando and I swore I had cancelled BOG but it was still in my plans on MDE. I tried to cancel and the app said it could not be cancelled. I ended up calling and the person I spoke to confirmed it was cancelled. I told her it was still showing on MDE and she said it was a glitch with some reservations and the "were working on it."

I totally take back what I said before. I went to delete one of my August reservations just now and it gave me the same "not available to cancel online" error message. So it is probably some system-wide issue/glitch, at least for August reservations! Will probably be resolved by tomorrow I would guess.

At least now you know it is not just you!

Thanks for letting me know that I am not the only one. I think mine might be sorta fixed now. It shows right on the laptop. However, it still is messed up on the app.

Seems like an issue, however, we were able to just do it via the App as opposed to the desktop online version.... Perhaps its Vanellope ;o)

Funny thing is mine shows right on my laptop, but is messed up on the app. I did make the changes on the laptop and not the app. Maybe that makes a difference. Hopefully, it is all corrected in both spots in a couple days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter