• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone Ever Take the Autotrain?

PFopma

Mouseketeer
We've taken many trips to WDW in the past but because of my sister's reluctance about the hassles of flying right now we have decided to take the autotrain. There are two adults and two kids (10 & 6) going on the trip. We broke down and got sleeper compartments and though the cost was high I'm sure in the long run we will find that it was worth it. We also feel it will be a nice adventure for the kids (and relaxing for us). We've never done this so any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Pat

We took the Autotrain last August and had alot of fun. We rode coach last time but this summer we're doing a sleeper-can't drive back safely after week in WDW and no sleep the night before! It's a very bumpy ride but that was part of the fun and laughs. The food was good even in coach and the people were very nice, It's about a 5 hour trip from North Jersey. We left about 5:30 AM, stopped for breakfast in Delaware and lunch in Lorton. The station in Lorton is new and very nice-not so in Sanford. It's about 45 minutes to WDW from the station. Any other questions just ask. If you go before August post your opinion of the sleeper. Have fun!!:D

Thanks for the info! Now I'm really glad we got the sleeper. I'm surprised about the "bumpy" ride. The few times I've taken a train for short trips it has always been very smooth. We're driving to Lorton from NJ also and will get an early start.

Pat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter