Anyone flown out of Buffalo with Southwest? Where to stay night before?

HappilyEverAfter80

DIS Veteran
We have flights out of Buffalo for our Disney World Christmas trip. First time flying out of Buffalo and actually with Southwest, we usually fly out of Detroit with Spirit or Delta. Our flight is early 6:30 am so we need to head to Buffalo the night before. Any recommendations for a decent hotel with parking for 7 days?

We’ve always used the Days hotel .. cheaper to sleep one night there and park for the whole vacation than just to park at the airport. We’ve never had a bad experience but I know a few people here have had issues with loud guests keeping them awake.
We’ve also stayed at the Aloft. It’s more expensive but it’s decent quality and also very very close to the airport. I don’t know what their parking packages are like because we took a shuttle from home for that trip.

Thank you everyone, booked!
No idea what to expect at the Buffalo airport, so used to Detroit (both are roughly similar distance from us) but I’m sure I’ll figure it out.

Love flying out of Buffalo. We used to stay at 2 different hotels (Marriot, close to the University) and Staybridge one, both with a shuttle.

Hope to fly out of there again soon :).

You will love it, so convenient, small, easy to get to and, best of all, you can stop at a Walmart, Target, etc on your way back to Canada.

BUF is my favourite airport. you will find a bunch of hotels right beside it, lots of options from pretty much every large chain, lots of park and fly hotels as well. i dont have a particular recommendation as I just tend to pick whichever one is cheapest/free on points for me at the time (if i have an early flight)

We have probably flown out of Buffalo 100 times lol, we always stay at the Best Western Inn at the Airport, 7 and 14 days parking super cheap, hotel is just fine, nothing fancy. Shuttle is fast and since it's right beside the airport we are always picked up within 10 minutes. Just checked for a Feb trip, the stay with 7 days parking was $97.00. Also includes a little breakfast buffet unless Covid has down away with it.

Wow thanks everyone! I don’t know how we never tried Buffalo, Detroit usually had better prices maybe, but not this time! We booked with Southwest.
I’m so glad to hear it’s a small airport. Not that we had any issues with Detroit but it’s huge.

Days used to be our go to place, but our last few visits were bad.

We used Aloft last time. We booked through a park n fly package. It was great! A bit more than Days, but much cleaner. :)
We booked the Sleep Inn (were also looking at Best western inn) as Days Inn didn’t have 2 bed rooms available. Aloft wasn’t available at all for our dates, I did look at that one as well.
I did read the reviews on park n fly - and Sleep Inn appears to be clean and quiet.
I also read some unfavourable recent reviews of the Days Inn, I wonder if things have changed in the last year. That’s what people say.

We've stayed at the sleep in a few times because it's convenient even if it's only about 2 hours away we don't feel lie getting up super early for the morning flight. It's easy to find, there's even a Bob Evans a few streets away and the rooms are clean. The off site parking is secure and easy to navigate and there's a shuttle and breakfast is pretty good. Only thing I wish they had is better beds. Lots of springs, not much for padding.

We’ve stayed at various marriot hotels close to the airport. There are 2 right across the street from the airport. We stay there cause we have the bonvoy Amex.

You will find the Buffalo airport a breeze. It’s really easy to get around. Honestly I’ve always gotten a good deal just parking right at the airport so we always do that so we don’t have to worry about hotel shuttles.

We've done this a couple of dozen times - the Days used to be 'ok'; the last time we were there (Mar 2020) it was..... wore down? Likely past that to be honest, I wouldn't book it at this point.

The Aloft is actually really nice, it would be my choice if I was looking for something close. You could always check Park Sleep Fly to see what hotels are offering enough paring for your trip?

We’ve stayed at various marriot hotels close to the airport. There are 2 right across the street from the airport. We stay there cause we have the bonvoy Amex.

You will find the Buffalo airport a breeze. It’s really easy to get around. Honestly I’ve always gotten a good deal just parking right at the airport so we always do that so we don’t have to worry about hotel shuttles.
I wanted to park at the airport, but they currently have the $30 or something lot closed. Unfortunately. Something to consider for next time!
I have a feeling I’ll be looking at Buffalo more often now.

We've done this a couple of dozen times - the Days used to be 'ok'; the last time we were there (Mar 2020) it was..... wore down? Likely past that to be honest, I wouldn't book it at this point.

The Aloft is actually really nice, it would be my choice if I was looking for something close. You could always check Park Sleep Fly to see what hotels are offering enough paring for your trip?
I did actually go through Park sleep fly and Aloft is not available for our dates. That’s the one I wanted to book first.
Currently we are booked at the Sleep Inn. It has great reviews, like all of them so hopefully it’s ok.
If I see Aloft pop up I might change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter