Anyone getting worried about March Break Travel

I think the reason the NS Premier hasn't shutdown schools is he's afraid families will make March Break an extended break. If everyone is supposed to be back at the same time, he can then cancel it knowing most of the student should be back at that time. Makes sense, hopefully he does it.

I think the reason the NS Premier hasn't shutdown schools is he's afraid families will make March Break an extended break. If everyone is supposed to be back at the same time, he can then cancel it knowing most of the student should be back at that time. Makes sense, hopefully he does it.
If that's the case they should follow what Ontario and Quebec has done, if you leave the country you will be asked to self-isolate for 14 days upon return. IMO it should be forced.

If that's the case they should follow what Ontario and Quebec has done, if you leave the country you will be asked to self-isolate for 14 days upon return. IMO it should be forced.

I agree, my mother in law gets home from Cuba tomorrow night and we have an in law suite that she lives in and my daughter is pregnant, I don't want the chance that she tests positive in 2 weeks and then my daughter is at risk.

What I don't understand is that the government is quick to close schools and other facilities to slow the spread but the place that most of the virus came from is allowed to keep operating. That is airports. If they were really serious about this, airports would be the first to be shut down for consumer flights.

And, they keep saying that it is being transmitted via "travelers". Well, let's eliminate all travel! duh!
It should be done in the first place. Maybe this will get people to go on more road trips instead. Instead of flying to Disney maybe drive do a weekend trip to a park closer to home til this thing settles down.

We cancelled. It was kind of a no brainer for us at this point. We had a package with the Canadian resident tickets and we couldn't get them added to a future reservation since they were part of a package. We did get all money back though even though the lady on the phone while we cancelled was less than magical.. We also changed our flights with Southwest to October and added an extra day- just because. Can't get money back for those. We have yet to get resort and tickets. We will wait for when the Fall discounts come out maybe around May. I was so looking forward to visiting Florida in April. ((HUGS)) to all of us.

I'm surprised so many still plan on re booking a Disney trip if this settles down. In my family's case we have decided against flying anywhere for awhile. Once this settles down we plan on doing a roadtrip to Cedar Point instead. Disney or any Florida vacation isn't in our plans for a long time if it involves flying. From the way things are going, air travel doesn't sound like a good idea any time soon.

The Canadian Government JUST released updated information regarding travel
A group of federal ministers and health officials also held a news conference today.

They announced a series of other new measures to limit the spread of COVID-19:

International flights will only be permitted to land at a smaller number of airports. Those locations have not yet been announced.
Boats and cruise ships carrying more than 500 people will be banned from docking at Canadian ports until July.
All travellers arriving in Canada from international points are being asked to self-isolate for 14 days as a precaution. People arriving from Hubei, China, Iran and Italy already have been asked to self-isolate.
The airports that will be permitted to take inbound flights have not been identified, and Transport Minister Marc Garneau said discussions on that measure are underway.

"We're working out the specific airports at this time, but we believe that this is a precaution that we should take so that we concentrate overseas international passengers coming into Canada to a smaller number of airports," he said.

Health Minister Patty Hajdu called it a "critical time of containment" and explained the move to warn against all international travel.

"We've had a very good, solid effort at containing the spread of the disease in Canada. But given that there is increased travel happening over the next several weeks, and given that we're at a critical time in keeping our cases down, this is the determination that public health has provided us ..." she said.

Canada's Chief Public Health Officer Theresa Tam confirmed that Canada is now advising against all international travel to limit the spread of the virus. She warned that travellers could be subject to another country's travel or quarantine restrictions, and if they become sick, they could find themselves in a health care system inferior to Canada's system.

A group of federal ministers and health officials also held a news conference today.

International flights will only be permitted to land at a smaller number of airports. Those locations have not yet been announced.
Boats and cruise ships carrying more than 500 people will be banned from docking at Canadian ports until July.
All travellers arriving in Canada from international points are being asked to self-isolate for 14 days as a precaution. People arriving from Hubei, China, Iran and Italy already have been asked to self-isolate.
The airports that will be permitted to take inbound flights have not been identified, and Transport Minister Marc Garneau said discussions on that measure are underway.

"We're working out the specific airports at this time, but we believe that this is a precaution that we should take so that we concentrate overseas international passengers coming into Canada to a smaller number of airports," he said.

Health Minister Patty Hajdu called it a "critical time of containment" and explained the move to warn against all international travel.

"We've had a very good, solid effort at containing the spread of the disease in Canada. But given that there is increased travel happening over the next several weeks, and given that we're at a critical time in keeping our cases down, this is the determination that public health has provided us ..." she said.

Canada's Chief Public Health Officer Theresa Tam confirmed that Canada is now advising against all international travel to limit the spread of the virus. She warned that travellers could be subject to another country's travel or quarantine restrictions, and if they become sick, they could find themselves in a health care system inferior to Canada's system.

The biggest question with this that wasn't really addressed is - border towns. What about the people who work in the US daily, who are crossing the US border for perhaps an hour or two and then coming back?

The biggest question with this that wasn't really addressed is - border towns. What about the people who work in the US daily, who are crossing the US border for perhaps an hour or two and then coming back?
Well, currently Trump is speaking and I simply can't watch him! I'll wait until there's written information but if he closes the border, they'll have no choice but to stay home. Sadly, they won't be the only people who are unable to work because of COVID-19

Well, currently Trump is speaking and I simply can't watch him! I'll wait until there's written information but if he closes the border, they'll have no choice but to stay home. Sadly, they won't be the only people who are unable to work because of COVID-19

It is a possibility that he's going to close the border? I hadn't really heard.

The speed at which this went from "lets see what's going to happen" to "shut everything down" is remarkable. I think the speed seems to be causing some panic though. The people clearing shelves and freezers in stores. I have received so many emails from the places I subscribe regarding this, from Petsmart to Skip the Dishes. I am currently thankful I cancelled my cruise, but also worried for the future state of travel! I do hope the CAD will recover from this before my December trip.

Now, to get through 3 weeks home with kiddo, limited activities and a work laptop that apparently has a dead battery... I hope I don't end up having to use 3 weeks of vacation instead of one. News about extending the school year by 2 weeks is still possible, but apparently hasn't been mentioned yet. Of course the closure didn't seem to be until it was a done deal. At least I have options, I cannot imagine what so many others are going to do. And at least the kid is old enough to understand things.

All New Brunswick universities, as well as NBCC have cancelled in person classes. They will switch to online format. Still waiting for confirmation that public school classes cancelled.

I wonder what this will do for people stuck with Swoop airfare ( my brother is one ) . They won’t wave change fees and the response from their customer base online is very very angry . Now maybe their hand will be forced. Should be interesting :

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter