• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone going on Viva Italia Trip July1st-9th

gabtom1

Earning My Ears
My family of four will be on this tour and looking for others who will be attending the same time. Any advise from people who attended this trip is welcome.

We went last October. It was Horrible! Save your money. We went on the Germany "Once Upon a Fairy Tale" AWESOME...You could go to Mexico and get a better deal...The staff was cluless and not helpful:( Sorry...I hate to see someone else get suckered.:confused3

Wow, no mincing words there. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your trip. Would you care to elaborate on what you didn't like? (e.g. the "clueless" staff) If there were problems, I'm sure the community would be interested in hearing more details.

I appreciate your honesty. I still am in the grace period to cancel and would like to understand specifically what went wrong, who were guides, did you travel with children. Thank you.

I appreciate your honesty. I still am in the grace period to cancel and would like to understand specifically what went wrong, who were guides, did you travel with children. Thank you.

There are quite a few regular posters on the board who have taken this trip and loved it. I'm sure some of them will chime in eventually. Viva Italia is one of ABD's most popular itineraries. It's certainly possible for someone to have a bad experience, but in general I've seen nothing but praise for this tour. I haven't been on this specific trip, but from my own experience ABD's guides are fantastic. I'm really interested in hearing what happened that would make someone describe the trip as "horrible".

I think that this may be the first negative response I've heard regarding the Italy trip. I'd be curious also to hear what the issues were that you had since we are booked for the May Italy trip.

I'm going to echo what the others have said. Response to the Viva Italia trip has been uniformly extremely positive, with high praise for the trip and the guides. It's one of ABD's most popular itineraries. I would also really appreciate knowing in more detail what went so wrong with your trip, DKerns, to actually earn it a rating of "horrible".

Thanks!
Sayhello

:goodvibes You will have a great time. I went on Viva Italia several years ago.

I had to re-read that message I was so surprised - the Viva Italia trip was fantastic, and has received rave reviews over and over. Gabtom1, please let us know if you'd like more info - lots of posters on this board have taken this trip and loved it. What a surprising post.

I'm very surprised by the negative comment and am curious about what went wrong (if anything) on that particular trip. We did Via Italia in June of 2007 and absolutely loved it. It was our first ABD and it sold us completely on the value of ABD. (We also did the Germany trip--loved it, but would rank the Italy trip higher in many respects, although the Germany trip we were on was changed quite a bit due to the holiday season). Were the issues on that trip related to the hotels? The Disney guides? The local guides? Didn't like the food offered? What? What??

My husband and I did Viva Italia the end of September. It was wonderful. We enjoyed every minute and so did the other23 people on the trip. You and your family will have a wonderful time!

I am glad some of the regulars who went have done Viva Italia posted, I have not heard very many negative comments on ABD except for the cost. I know there were issues on the Northern California trip but I think many of the issues were due to it being a new trip. I doubt the poster who thought the trip was horrible will be back anytime soon, if at all, she only seems to post for renting her DVC points.

I doubt the poster who thought the trip was horrible will be back anytime soon, if at all, she only seems to post for renting her DVC points.
Heheheh. You noticed that, too, eh? Oh, well. :confused3

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter