Anyone have a pumpkin log recipe?

Kermit

New Mama to Baby Jacob!
DH loves pumpkin logs, but I've never made one. I've found a few recipes on the Internet, but I was wondering if any of you had a tried and true recipe you'd recommend.

Some people may actually call what I'm looking for a pumpkin roll. It's a really fattening pumpkin cake rolled up jellyrole style filled with a cream cheese filling.

Here it is...hope it's what you're looking for...we love it here and I've been making it for years!

:)

Pumpkin Roll

Ingredients

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 t. salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
3 eggs
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
4 T. Butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup pecans, if you want

Directions
1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch jelly roll pan or cookie sheet.
2 Mix wet ingredients FOR 5 MINUTES on high. Mix dry in bowl 2, then add to wet ingredients. Pour mixture into prepared jelly roll pan or cookie sheet. (this worked fine before I had an official jelly roll pan...) Spread the mixture evenly.
3 Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes.
4 Lay a damp linen towel on the counter, sprinkle it with confectioner's sugar, and turn the cake onto the towel. Carefully roll the towel up (lengthwise) with the cake in it. Place the cake-in-towel on a cooling rack and let it cool for 20 minutes.
5 Make the icing: In an electric blender or with a wooden spoon, blend cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and sugar.
6 When the cake has cooled 20 minutes, unroll it spread icing onto it. Sprinkle with nuts if you're using them...

Immediately re-roll (not in the towel this time), sprinkle the top liberally with powdered sugar if you plan to wrap it, this will keep it from sticking so badly, and wrap it with plastic wrap. Keep the cake refrigerated or freeze it for up to 2 weeks in aluminum foil. This is really best used in about 3 days though, the cake can get kind of soggy. Cut the cake in slices just before serving.

Enjoy. This is a must have at all the holiday gatherings around here...I would never be forgiven if I didn't make one!
:)

I've edited this from the original post, so if you copied the recipe, please make corrections...I had soda instead of powder... :)

Pumpkin Roll

Preparation time: 25 min. Oven temperature: 375F
Baking time: 15 min. Chilling time: 1 to 2 hours.

For 1 roll, 10 to 12 servings

You will need:

3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup pumpkin
1 tsp. Lemon juice
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. Baking powder
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Ginger
½ tsp. Nutmeg
½ tsp. Salt

Filling: beat together 1 pkg. (8 oz.) soft cream cheese and 4 Tbs.. butter or margarine. Stir in 1 cup powdered sugar and ½ tsp. Vanilla extract blending until smooth.

Preparation:

1. In large bowl, combine eggs and sugar , beating well. Add pumpkin and lemon juice, mixing until blended.

2. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, spices, and salt. Add to egg mixture, mix well. Spread batter into greased 10-by-15-inch jelly- roll pan.

3. Bake at 375F for 15 min. Remove from oven. Cool for 15 min place cake on clean tea towel. Cool 10 min longer. From 10-inch side, roll cake up in towel. Set aside.

4. Meanwhile, prepare filling. Unroll cake. Evenly spread filling over cake. Roll up cake (discard towel). Wrap in plastic wrap. Cover and chill at least l hr. Slice before serving. Keep leftover slices refrigerated.

Yesterday in the lunchtime chat there was talk of pumpkin logs. Now I have the recipe! Cool. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter