Anyone have pick-a-pearl pictures?

risingsunmom

Mouseketeer
I'm not sure if this is the right board :confused3
Looking for pictures of different setting options. If you can remember the price too, that would be great. Thanks.

Sorry, I don't have pictures, but we got them the last time we went, and the lady who worked there was really great. Sorry I can't remember her name, but it was my daughters bday and she gave her her pearl for free. She was so nice to my girls, and we got nice settings for cheap. I can't remember if she gave her the setting for free too, but they both got the same one, they are pretty, the pearl actually goes inside a cage like setting that you would hang from a necklace, which they have too, but my girls just got little pouches that I think were free, very pretty with a chinese type design. If I have time I will take pictures of theres and post them on here.

Lea

The pearl/oyster is $15.99. Then you can buy settings, and those prices vary. We went in November, and I had bought all our settings of ebay before we went.

There is a thread on the theme parks & strategy board. That is where I learned about Pick a Pearl, and quite a few people (myself included) posted pictures of our finished jewelry.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520941

I did the Pick a Pearl as my gift to myself on my trip last September and got a ring. It cost me around $25 for the setting and $14.99 for the pearl. I dont have a picture of it on this computer but I will post mine!!

FYI - the only reason I posted a link to the other thread is so you could see lots of pics for ideas.

Here is a picture of the stuff we made. I bought the necklaces off ebay before we went. At WDW they do not have settings that look Disney, as they are not owned by Disney (at least that is what the woman in the Japan store location told us). And I wanted something to remember our first trip by, for my DDs. The pumpkin coaches are for them (my DDs).

However, we did buy the tie tac setting there.

IMGA0856.jpg

the carriage settings are beautiful. What did you search for on Ebay or do you remember the sellers name? I'd love to have them for my girls this trip in may

The carriages are beautiful for the pearl!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad I stumbled on this topic.

Out of curiousity, do you just pop the pearl in, or do they do it there? Maybe its really easy and I'm just assuming I can't do it! LOL

off to ebay I go......

I just bought the carriages from pearlwishes.com
They were $5.99 each.
:-)

did you receive them yet? Would you mind telling us if you're happy with them? I am tempted, but thinking maybe I can get them in sterling as gifts????:confused3

did you receive them yet? Would you mind telling us if you're happy with them? I am tempted, but thinking maybe I can get them in sterling as gifts????:confused3

I do have them and I'm very pleased. We don't have the pearls yet but they look lovely. Obviously for only $6 they aren't top of the line jewelry but they will be great for their purpose. (One for me and one or DD or keepsakes)

I went ahead and bought them in advance because I know they are sometimes out of stock...

If you bring your own setting- will they put the pearl in for you?

We went to the one at Epcot, and the women offered to put the pearl in for us. They cleaned the pearl, slipped it in & even gave us a gift box for it. I'm not sure if they all do it or not, but the young lady who worked with us did. She was very sweet.

I'll see if I can post pics of our Pick a Pearl Day

Here they are taking turns picking out which oyster they wanted. One of my DDs kept picking rocks. But evenutally they each picked out two.
IMGA0425.jpg

IMGA0429.jpg

The woman opened them - making quite a ceremony out of it. I wish I had been ready to take pictures or video - as she banged a gong and really made a big deal out of it. My DDs thought it was neat. She then opened them, cleaned them up, measured them and showed my DDs their pearls.
IMGA0430.jpg

IMGA0440.jpg

IMGA0438.jpg

Here they are modeling their new necklaces.
IMGA0451.jpg

They found it special. This year they have both asked to make necklaces again as gifts for Christmas for their favorite aunts/babysitters.

Do you always get a pearl? I remember doing this as a child but can't remember.

Yes. The size and color varies but you are guaranteed a pearl.

I bought a cage in DTD for $39 (only did it because it was dd's birthday!) and chains were $9.00 very nice chains for the money.

I bought extra cages off ebay and was very happy with them, much nicer looking in person. I bought one carriage and 2 hello kitty ones. I'm going back in June to do it for my birthday and I'm going to try the one in Japan instead of DTD.

Yes. The size and color varies but you are guaranteed a pearl.

I bought a cage in DTD for $39 (only did it because it was dd's birthday!) and chains were $9.00 very nice chains for the money.

I bought extra cages off ebay and was very happy with them, much nicer looking in person. I bought one carriage and 2 hello kitty ones. I'm going back in June to do it for my birthday and I'm going to try the one in Japan instead of DTD.

How do you like the Hello Kitty ones? I've seen those but couldn't tell how they close? The pics make it look like they would hang upside down.

How do you like the Hello Kitty ones? I've seen those but couldn't tell how they close? The pics make it look like they would hang upside down.

I will try my best to get pics up here by tonight. They are very cute and do not hang upside down at all. The quality is about the same as the carriage ones but the carriage ones are a bit more shiny. They close the same way as the other cages if you have any experience.

Ok here are the pictures, sorry it took until today. The first one is the cage and chain from DTD, 7mm pearl. Cage was $39 and by looking at it again I think it's sterling, chain was $9.

Hello kitty one, 7.5 mm pearl it lying flat and then the second pic showing how it hangs.

PearlPics.jpg

pearl%20021.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I was having a hard time finding something for my DDs to make themselves, the pumpkin coaches (to me) were a hard act to follow for a child. But those Hello Kittys are awfully cute. That may be just what we need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter