Anyone heading to Disneyland in Oct?

AussieCaribou

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

My daughter and I are heading to DLR in the first part of Oct. Anyone else heading over then?

AussieCaribou

Hi AussieCaribou

We will be at DLR in late September early October. 'We' is DH, DD, DD and me, plus a friend who is travelling to the US the same time as us.

Very exciting!

Hubby, me and our lucky 6 yr old will be there 5-6th Oct. We are coming over from Perth and madly planning our USA trip and we can't wait!

We are going to be at Disney (well, staying at the Hojo's across the street) from 4 to 8 Oct. So very excited. Just wish that they would hurry up and let us know when the parties are going to be on...and if those over 14 can dress up.

You'll all have the best time! We were there for Halloween last year and it was AMAZING!

All 4 of us were in full Alice in Wonderland costumes. :) :) :) :)

AussieCaribou - Why are you wondering about over 14s dressing up? Has there been an announcement that it is no longer allowed? I hope not - that would be a real shame.

We dressed for the Halloween parties when we were there in 2013 all of us are adults, the adults seem to get into it just as much (maybe more) than they kids!!

The current rules state that those over 14 cannot dress in costume. And evidently they are actually enforcing this rule (adults wearing costumes have been banned in the 'rules' for many years now). If the rules for the Halloween party at Disneyland this year are the same as WDW, then it will be okay...though there are lots of exclusions for adult costumes. They also reserve the right to do pat downs on some costumes.

I'm not sure that is the case AussieCaribou, I carefully the read the rules last year and adults were ok in costumes then (with exclusions like you can't pose for photos with other guests), so maybe it's a recent change?

we were there two years ago for Halloween and the party was all about the adults dressing. It was amazing! Some families went all out with their costumes and I would love to go again!

we were there two years ago for Halloween and the party was all about the adults dressing. It was amazing! Some families went all out with their costumes and I would love to go again!

and that was us last year - so fun! Hope that Disney magic continues :)

I'm not sure that is the case AussieCaribou, I carefully the read the rules last year and adults were ok in costumes then (with exclusions like you can't pose for photos with other guests), so maybe it's a recent change?

Yes, they updated the rules of entry in January and then again a bit after that when they brought in the increased security.

So if it's not a 'special change' there are no costumes for adults at Disneyland. The hope that I have is 1. They wave that rule for Run Disney and 2. There are modified rules for WDWs Halloween party. We won't know for sure until Disneyland releases the rules for the party. However, when I messaged Disneyland, I was told that at this point they have no expectation that the rules will change from a 'normal' day and that guests over 14 won't be able to wear costumes.

I really can't see this being a profitable decision.

Have a look at the rules for the WDW party. It will most definitely change some peoples costumes. For example, about three years ago my daughter was Shock. She attracted a lot of attention especially from other nightmare before Christmas dressed guests. One of the guys was dressed as Oogie Boogie and his costume was smack on! But under the new rules: no masks (his face was covered but not his eyes) and his entire body was reshaped by sets of hoops to creat the shape of Mr O Boogie. He would be subjected to additional security at WDW now.

Edit: I am currently in the planning stage of our costumes for this year (using the WDW rules) but I won't be making them until after the rules come out and I have my tickets...we don't do Halloween over here so we wouldn't really use the costumes over here (sadly!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter