Anyone heard of way.com?

Save away peeps! Just activated my annual pass and a 5 day park hopper no problem!!

Awesome. Boy I wish I had looked at this annual pass. I did get my tickets from a different site and it saved me 125 for 5 people. I looked through the fine print VERY carefully before going forth. I was a wee nervous but no problems. They sent the tix by email . They were 1 day tickets and I had no trouble using them.

Geez....I'm still nervous about this. I've spoken to customer service twice and they really don't sound very....knowledgeable. Or helpful. Or something. It's so much money though..saving over $100...but spending over $600 on this website. I have issues with trust I guess. :confused3

What I find bizarre is that way.com asks for one reservation date, for multiday park hoppers. If they have to be used for specific dates, why aren't they asking for 5 dates?

Geez....I'm still nervous about this. I've spoken to customer service twice and they really don't sound very....knowledgeable. Or helpful. Or something. It's so much money though..saving over $100...but spending over $600 on this website. I have issues with trust I guess. :confused3

I feel the same way - we are buying APs - for a $100 saving I am not comfortable shelling out over $1700 that I could lose.

Hopefully people who buy are fine though. One previous poster was fine with the AP and 5 day PH he bought I saw.

I ordered 3 5-day PH yesterday through way.com and didn't have any problems. I didn't add my travel date to the order, but I received an email asking for it (first day of use). However when I received the e-tickets they only say that they must be used by the end of the year (no specific dates on them). The e-tickets look legit and have a picture of Sulley on them. I ordered 2 tickets at first, thinking I could use the "Way Bucks" on the third, but currently Way Bucks can only be used towards dining offers.

I ordered 3 5-day PH yesterday through way.com and didn't have any problems. I didn't add my travel date to the order, but I received an email asking for it (first day of use). However when I received the e-tickets they only say that they must be used by the end of the year (no specific dates on them). The e-tickets look legit and have a picture of Sulley on them. I ordered 2 tickets at first, thinking I could use the "Way Bucks" on the third, but currently Way Bucks can only be used towards dining offers.

Did your e-tickets come from Disney or from way.com?

I feel the same way - we are buying APs - for a $100 saving I am not comfortable shelling out over $1700 that I could lose.

Hopefully people who buy are fine though. One previous poster was fine with the AP and 5 day PH he bought I saw.

Same here...always worried about "too good to be true" type of deals. I'm already getting a discount with AAA and I think I'm just going to stick with that for my peace of mind..

Same here...always worried about "too good to be true" type of deals. I'm already getting a discount with AAA and I think I'm just going to stick with that for my peace of mind..

How much was your discount from AAA?

OHDisneyMom said:

For us we would earn $100 in way bucks that could be used to have food delivered to the hotel or eating out. Looks like the way bucks expire 30 days after earning them so we'd have to wait to get tickets until 30 days before leaving. I will definitely be watching this thread to see if the tickets work fine for people. Looks good so far!

How much was your discount from AAA?

I live in Oregon and this is what our AAA offers (I have learned on here not all state's AAA offices carry tickets so be sure to ask)

Disneyland Resort Hopper
Admission for a total of three or five days to Disneyland® Park and/or Disney's California Adventure over a fourteen day period. Allows admittance to both parks on the same day. Includes re-entry privileges to both parks on the same day. Includes free parking and one early entry into a designated theme park (on select days).

3-Day Hopper Adult: $237.50 ($12.50 savings + free parking)

3-Day Hopper Child (3-9): $223.25 ($11.75 savings + free parking)

5-Day Hopper Adult: $275.50 ($14.50 savings + free parking)

5-Day Hopper Child (3-9): $256.50 ($13.50 savings + free parking)

First visit must occur by 12/31/2013. Tickets expire 13 days after first use.

Service Centers may have limited quantities of Disneyland® tickets available. Please contact your local office in advance to ensure they have an adequate supply of tickets to fulfill your order.

Did your e-tickets come from Disney or from way.com?

Disney. way.com forwards you the email that they received from Disney when they ordered them on your behalf. Tickets are an attachment. Like I said, I didn't have any problem using mine.

I ordered my tickets from a different company (100/adult 1 day hopper) and they sent me an email w/ the attachment. They worked fine. I was a little nervous but enjoyed the 125 savings.

I read on the budget board that there are certain (legal) companies that are allowed by Disney to sell tickets at a discount. They can set whatever price they want and are perfectly legitimate. This appears to be one of those companies. If way.com IS a Disney affiliate, the tickets are Disney tickets and this has been ok'd by Disney. It seems to be the way it's done to require you to name your dates. What I don't know is how to verify this for certain.

I have looked at way.com and I will likely buy my tix from them, I am just waiting until closer to my dates to do so.

I have a theory about the "reservation date" thing in their shopping cart, however. Since this site does a lot of dining reservations and show tickets where a date is relevant, they built it into their online shopping cart. Since it does not make you enter your reservation date for Disney tix they must be using their same cart but have coded the Disney product to not require a date.

I have a second theory as well. The more I read, the more I think these folks are legit and that Disney tickets are a loss-leader for them to get people into using their service.

My $.02

I can get discount tickets through Workingadvantage.com, through my work. Way.com has better prices than Workingadvantage, but not insanely better, so while the prices are great, it's not too good to be true.

Just thought I'd mention that I upgraded my daughter's 5 day hopper to an annual pass today and I got credit for the full value of her ticket- $270, when I only paid $243 through way.com

Disney. way.com forwards you the email that they received from Disney when they ordered them on your behalf. Tickets are an attachment. Like I said, I didn't have any problem using mine.

Sunshine, did you exchange the e-ticket for a "real" ticket?

If so, where did you do the exchange - ticket booth/kiosk, park gate/turnstyle, hotel (I think you were trying to stay DLH)?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter