anyone here do WW without meetings or online?

Here's the link to the guide that has meal options for 20 pt days. I though it was a 'quick start' guide but looking at it more, you can actually use it for everyday eating, just add a serving or two if you want to use any flex points. I'm supposed to start at 20-22 pts and if I do quick start (with out using any flex points) this is all I need to get going.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/downloads/1033/Util/art/EatingGuide.pdf

I also like to eat the frozen meals. The sweet and sour chicken is yummy. Don't forget to save a point or two for a snack, esp if you like to have something mid-day or at night while watching TV (and DISing.)

MHL

Does anyone have a site that they can share that explains the WW system? I know that they use points, but I don't know how to determine how many points I would need, and how many flex points to use, etc.

Thanks!

Check out the links I posted above. Almost every one on Dottie's is on WW and they have tons of info. I haven't bought a single book, gone to any meetings or paid for any info, I got it all from the internet and my co-workers. I know my points per day are supposed to be 22, but they're based on weight, the more you weigh, the more points you get and you lose them as you start to lose weight.

thank you mousehouselover! I had looked at Dottie's page, but I missed the link to the forums; looks like there is a lot of info to go through- hopefully I can make it make sense over the next couple of days. Thanks again for the links!

I have tried WW all three ways (meetings, on-line, on my own), for me, the meetings keep me on track and committed because I have the $ going out of pocket. I was so close to goal a while back and really thought I could do it on my own (I also have great buddies that were very encouraging and helpful on keeping me on track) but it was so easy to know that I wasn't going to go hand over my $, weigh-in in front of someone that I went off course in a bad way. I now will be starting over again (for the final time). I know I can do it, I just have to stay focused and committed.

Everyone is different though, you have to figure out what works best for you. Whatever you chose, you have to stay focused and keep working towards your goals. Small goals are the best way to go too.

Just subscribing. Thinking I want to do something about the "extra me" when the new year starts!

Just wanted y'all to know I picked up a box of WW cereal at the grocery store over the weekend. I didn't know they made cereal. There are 6 different kinds according to the box, 2 have 1 pt and the rest are all 2 pts.

I got the 1 pt cereal, have 2 pts of milk and a carton of WW yogurt for 1 pt. I then have 1 pt that I can use for a snack.

It's less than 1 week folks.... Is everyone getting ready??!?!?!

Let's post our loss goal (30 lbs) rather than weight. I don't want anyone feeling self conscious. I'll look for a logo pic that we can use in our siggies too.

MHL

I'm getting ready. I still need to go through some of the links posted here. I know I should use 20-22 pts per day, but I forgot how many flex points I get (is it 5?).
My goal is to lose 25 lbs. I am in a wedding in March and have a cruise in June. I'd like to lose about 10 lbs. by the wedding and the rest by the cruise.

April~ I got cereal at Walmart, in the cereal isle. I was a bit surpried to see it there and not with the other diet foods but they've been moving things around so I suppose I'll have to look in both spots now.

Mom0299~ You get 35 flex pts each week. It does verage 5 per day but you don't have to use them if you don't want. I get 20-22 pts too so I was going to try to just use 20 as often as poss and if I want a treat, I have the extras to use.

Can I jump in with you all too?

My plan right now is to do one month of WW meetings to get back into the swing of things and then go solo.

I'd love to have a buddy if anyone is interested. I did WW about 4 years ago with great success, but let myself slide. I had a great buddy then that really helped me stay motivated.

April~ I got cereal at Walmart, in the cereal isle. I was a bit surpried to see it there and not with the other diet foods but they've been moving things around so I suppose I'll have to look in both spots now.

Mom0299~ You get 35 flex pts each week. It does verage 5 per day but you don't have to use them if you don't want. I get 20-22 pts too so I was going to try to just use 20 as often as poss and if I want a treat, I have the extras to use.

Thanks!

Hello fellow WW's and WISHers! :grouphug:

I have been solely doing WW online (not daily anymore tho), NO meetings, for almost 3 years now, I think?? :confused3 After I lost what I needed to lose, I just maintained, for AWHILE! :thumbsup2 Lately tho, the holidays have crept a few pounds back onto my 5'1" bod! :eek: I need and WANT to lose about 5-10 lbs. That may not seem like much to some of you BUT, I did need to and DID lose upwards of 75 lbs before, to get here! I need your support and, I'm willing to give support as well! Onward and Downward! Drink WATER!!!!!!!!

:cheer2: Here's to ALL of us!!:woohoo: :cool1: We CAN do it!:thumbsup2

I've tried all the WW cereal and thought they were all terrible. I couldn't even get it down it was so nasty. I hope you have better luck in liking it. I did better with plain old Raisin Bran.

You sure can!!! We start on Jan 1st!! Right now we are maintaining over the holidays!!
Jump on in!!!!!!

Can I jump in with you all too?

My plan right now is to do one month of WW meetings to get back into the swing of things and then go solo.

I'd love to have a buddy if anyone is interested. I did WW about 4 years ago with great success, but let myself slide. I had a great buddy then that really helped me stay motivated.

Welcome Kim!! We are maintaining through the holidays and the we start officially on the 1st of Jan. We all can use the encouragement!
Way to go on the loss~~:cool1:

QUOTE=KimRaye;16116991]Hello fellow WW's and WISHers! :grouphug:

I have been solely doing WW online (not daily anymore tho), NO meetings, for almost 3 years now, I think?? :confused3 After I lost what I needed to lose, I just maintained, for AWHILE! :thumbsup2 Lately tho, the holidays have crept a few pounds back onto my 5'1" bod! :eek: I need and WANT to lose about 5-10 lbs. That may not seem like much to some of you BUT, I did need to and DID lose upwards of 75 lbs before, to get here! I need your support and, I'm willing to give support as well! Onward and Downward! Drink WATER!!!!!!!!

:cheer2: Here's to ALL of us!!:woohoo: :cool1: We CAN do it!:thumbsup2[/QUOTE]

I'd love to join you all too! I've joined the exercise challenge for January and would like to continue on my WW w/you guys. I've lost 30 lbs in the last year and still have 15 lbs to go. The month of December I strayed off the WW and gained about 3 lbs but I guess thats not bad considering all the food around!

Anyway I'd love to join you all. Are we going to post our weight loss as we go? Are Mondays (since 1/1/07 is a Monday) the weigh in day or does everyone just pick there own weigh in day and report weekly? I'm really ready to get going - thanks for the motivation.

natenapril: I rec'd your PM a couple weeks back - sorry I didn't respond. I put it on my to do list for that day as I didn't have time at the moment to respond and I just forgot. But would love to join in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter