anyone know how to get a discount on suites?

fam4jc

DIS Veteran
Hi. I am helping a friend with her grand gathering plans. There are some in her party who would like to do AKL 1 bdrm suites. Is there any way to possibly get a discount on this type of rooms? AAA, AP or general codes? Are they EVER available for suites?

Thanks.

Yes, the AKL suites are available with discounts. Generally, they are the same $ or % of that all other deluxe resort rooms are discounted by. Occasionally with some offers the suites are handled differently. With the suites, they are either nearly impossible to get or they are what is left when all the regular rooms are booked. I've been calling for one particular client who wants a room at the Poly on an AP rate. We have her at the WL but if the Poly becomes available then they want to switch. The last 2 days when I've called all that has been left in the deluxe resorts are suites at the CR or AKL. Of course the times I've been calling FOR a suite, I can't get one. ;)

How many in a suite? I have 4 adults and 2 kids. Anywhere else? As of this point I have 2 rooms booked but a suite would be great.

Donnask8pro, your party would actually fit into a deluxe room at WL. They accomodate 6. A true suite would also accomodate your party but would of course be more expensive than a deluxe room (what was previously called a "junior suite"). A true suite would provide you with more room though.

Let me know if you have any questions!

The AKL deluxe rooms do not sleep 6. They only have one queen bed, bunk beds and a daybed for a total of 5 people

I actually have a handicapped son going with us. room would be great. I am looking up prices now. We have a time share someone gave us for free to use. But we are booking a night on either end to make our stay longer. I'll be back, probably w/ more questions. Thanks Donna

Oops, Joan is right. The AKL deluxe rooms are Max 5, but the WL deluxe rooms will acoomodate 6. The party of 6 I was thinking of that I put into an AKL deluxe room included one child just shy of her 3rd birthday at the time so we were able to put them in that room.

Check out the WL deluxe rooms or any of the suites. The CR has a garden view 1 bedroom suite in the wing rooms (they would be right next to the tower not at the far end of a wing) that will accomodate up to 7.

I just quickly checked the price w/o my AAA. It was almost 1000.00 for 1 night. I almost S - - T

Forget the suites if you aren't willing to pay the price...I think it is WAY cheaper to book a Villa or 2. Especially if you rent points but even through CRO. THe 1 bedrooms cost about the same as a preferred view room at most of the deluxes and you can get at least the AAA rate. IF you rent points from DVC members, the studios are super cheap. Check prices of the 2 bedrooms OR you could get say 1 or more studios and a 1 bedroom then add housekeeping for a few days.

Thanks for the replies! We have booked a 1bd room villa at BW for ourselves but the others want the suites at AKL. Is the two bedroom suite just two one bedrooms with a connecting door or what?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter