Anyone know the smell that used to be inside of the grand California hotel?

swagmaster230

Earning My Ears
When i was younger i was in Disneyland for the 50th celebration and stayed in the GCH and remember that it had an amazing smell (sort of like a cleaning product?) last time i smelled it was in 2018 i miss that smell because as a magic key holder i go regularly to the parks now and it just smells like nothing inside the GCH can anyone shed some light on my predicament.

ps: i have looked for candles from kravchenko krafted that promised the smell it was nowhere near it. Please help me relive my childhood

So this Youtube channel did a video about candles made to smell like the park, it was before the pandemic stuff so at least 3 years ago. I scrolled through older videos there but couldn't find it. I actually think it was something he did at the end of another video, so it probably would not be in a video title. If you're so inclined, go through some of the older videos and see if you can find it:

https://www.youtube.com/c/MickeyViews/featured

There is a hand lotion the DLR hotels use. I have some in the middle console of my car and put some on right before my daughter got in. She immediately said, “It sounds like the Grand Californian in here.” It’s a very distinct smell. Could that be it?

There is a hand lotion the DLR hotels use. I have some in the middle console of my car and put some on right before my daughter got in. She immediately said, “It sounds like the Grand Californian in here.” It’s a very distinct smell. Could that be it?
Which lotion is it?

I believe it’s largely eucalyptus scent.

Also, I’ve been in there recently, and it certainly does still have that “GCH” scent. If you can’t smell it… well… you know there’s been something going around for a couple of years that’s affecting peoples ability to smell and taste! 😬

I believe it’s largely eucalyptus scent.

Also, I’ve been in there recently, and it certainly does still have that “GCH” scent. If you can’t smell it… well… you know there’s been something going around for a couple of years that’s affecting peoples ability to smell and taste! 😬
Lol no me and my cousin who have not had Covid both say it dosent smell like it best way to describe it is a cleaning product smell

I think this might be the answer! GCH uses H2O products for guests. They used to have full-sized soaps, shampoo, conditioner, foot rub and lotion. When I was there in December, they still used that product brand (but have long since gone to the travel size). They're from the H2O Plus Collection and the scents are/were Sea Marine and Sea Salt. The Sea Marine shampoo contains eucalyptus scent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter