Anyone Know Where To Buy...

CamColt

...a mailbox?
I have looked at Lowes, Home Depot, and Sears(they dont carry them). It has to be a free standing one, not one that attatches to the house. It seems like I can only find cheezy looking ones, or ones that cost $200.00+(post & box separate). Im basically looking for a middle of the road model, like in the 75.00-100.00 range, that doesnt look like it came out of a cereal box.
Any ideas are appreciated! :D

CamColt--We got our latest one at WalMart. White Metal, black handle on the door, little red flag. Mounts to the wooden post at the end of the drive.

It's open season on mailboxes where I live, there isn't anyway I would spend more than 10 bucks as they get smashed regularly. I actually have had this one for quite a while, it's really cheap plastic and I mounted it very loosely so they can't get a good swing at it!

Hi Camcolt! :)
We got ours at home Depot. Im surprised Lowes doesnt carry them.
good luck

I got a beautiful handpainted weather resistant one off of ebay. You bid on the mailbox that you want and the lady paints your name and address or just address on it. I am very pleased. I think that I paid $35 for ours.

I'm also in shock that Home Depot and Lowe's don't carry them. The last one we got was from a Home Depot.

I found a firecracker in mine last Friday. I have one of the Step2 mailboxes. I would be surprised if Home Depot didn't carry them. You can check out www.step2.com to find a nearby store.

Originally posted by Towncrier
I found a firecracker in mine last Friday. I have one of the Step2 mailboxes. I would be surprised if Home Depot didn't carry them. You can check out www.step2.com to find a nearby store.

I found a beer bottle in mine once. The mailman just stuck the mail right around the bottle! :)

Originally posted by WebmasterAlex
It's open season on mailboxes where I live, there isn't anyway I would spend more than 10 bucks as they get smashed regularly. I actually have had this one for quite a while, it's really cheap plastic and I mounted it very loosely so they can't get a good swing at it!
We had the same problem in our old neighborhood. We had a solid mailbox that DH mounted in concrete. Some mailboxes got smashed and ours had a dent but it didn't budge. I like to imagine what happened when someone took a swing at ours. :) By the way, DH didn't use concrete for this reason, it just worked out this way.

Thanks for the advice everyone...and sorry, I worded that wrong. Sears is the one that doesnt carry them. Lowes & Home Depot do, but nothing like Im looking for....either way expensive or cheezy looking.
We currently have one of the cheapy ones, but we are finishing up our front yard and it looks really good, except for the mailbox, so I want something a little nicer, but not necessarily top of the line.

After years of replacing our mailbox and newspaper slot, we went with the Step 2 style, and we've been very happy with it.

It's been indestructable so far. From what I remember, it cost just about what you're looking to spend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter