• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone NOT get an AKV concierge ressie?

dclfun

DIS Veteran
So far from reading the threads I have been surprised to *not* see anyone disappointed in lack of availability for the few concierge points ressies at AKLV. Has anyone had trouble getting a ressie or is it mostly people afraid to book that level due to not being guaranteed a savannah view room? We started yesterday booking a day-by-day ressie for Memorial day week since I was afraid to wait til the day of checkout. Anyone not get what they wanted or so far, so good? ---Kathy

I think most AKV-owners booked as early as they could to take advantage of their special booking window and to make sure they got what they wanted. I called last week and got a concierge studio in late March (during Spring Break).

I'm sure as the non-AKV owners start trying to get reservations, especially during the first few months of concierge availability (Dec. - April) they will find themselves out of luck. I think its just too early to tell at this point since most of the posts have been from those will 11 month booking privileges.

Good luck to anyone trying for AKV concierge! Hopefully the heavy demand will convince DVC to add more units at Jambo or possibly Kidani.

I am an AKV owner and I didn't get my reservation. I was on vacation on the 13th and totally forgot to call. I called on the 20th and all concierge rooms for Feb 6-10 were booked. I am extremely sad, but console myself that I do have a guaranteed savannah view and that I am at AKV!

We got ours without calling day by day, or exactlly at the 11 month window.

The real test will be when the resort is sold out, and there are tons of owners competing for those rooms. :eek:

MG

I'm an AKV owner and did NOT get the studio concierge that I wanted for December 1, even though I called and got through at 8:58 am on the very first day that concierge could be booked- June 13th. The MS records have me as getting a waitlist for December 1 at 9:08 am the first morning.

I was irritated because I got through quickly on the phone and told the CM exactly what I wanted but she could barely speak english and put me on hold forever. Then when I called back later I got the supervisor who told me they weren't booking concierge before December 4th, that the letter saying concierge was available as of 12/1 was wrong. When I emailed MS and got the response this week that the rooms from 12/1 on WERE available from the beginning, I was very irritated. The MS supervisor essentially lied to me on June 13th.

If I'd gotten a better CM that first morning when I got through immediately on the phone I'd have gotten the concierge studio that I wanted.

The good news in all of this though is that I booked a cash concierge room back in January of this year for December 1, long before AKV was even a reality. I got my sunset safari for December 1 booked for my DH and me and the sunrise safari for December 2 for DH and me also booked at the 180 day mark. I may not have gotten the room on points, but I did get the safaris that I wanted. I doubt all the people who did get the concierge rooms on points will be able to say that.

Wow...I wonder who DID get one of the 6 rooms between 9:00 and 9:08 for December 1st? Not sure how many others bought into AKLV just to have the 11 month window ( also figuring that getting a preference will be much more difficult when more of the resort is sold) but to me it was very important. Since MS was shut down yesterday I will be on the phone again this morning ( competing with all the non-AKV owners trying to book concierge and all of us who just wanted to take care of business but couldn't) to add day by day to our Memorial week trip. At least I got the 25th of May and at least it's not spring break or President's week but it worries me anyway. We usually book more "last minute" so having the limited inventory will prod me to book right at 11 months if I want something at AKV. I'm sorry for those who have already been disappointed- from the postings I'd read it seemed that most were getting what they wanted including the concierge rooms. ---Kathy

We are non AKV and I tried today for concierge for Dec 8 & 9, the 9th was not available, we went on the waitlist, I swear I have the longest waitlist in history :lmao:

I tried to book concierge studio or one-bedroom with my non-AKV points at 9am today. I was on hold for 4 minutes and was told the entire resort is sold out for 11-15 November 2007.

I'll have to try this studio with standard view. Here's hoping that I like it!

Terpy

I need to amend my above post. When I called on the 20th there were no concierge rooms available and I asked to be put on the waitlist. I called today just to double check and surprisingly they had availability even though I didn't get my waitlist fulfilled. So I asked them to change my reservation. I am now booked for concierge Feb 6-10,2008! :banana: :cool1: :dance3: :cheer2:

I called for Jan 18-20 and was told no rooms :sad2:

Maybe it means I just have to get an add on there !!!

I called last week and booked our "check out AKV trip" in April '08. 3 nights Concierge, 2 nights in a Studio, and 6 nights in a 1 Bedroom. Didn't have any problems booking, and all dates were available. :thumbsup2

I wanted a studio Dec. 3 for 4 nights, and it was not available for the first night, so I waitlisted. I have mixed feelings because I love the Savannah View and I'm not sure I really want Concierge enough to give that up. :confused3

I would like to get a concierge studio for next year, June 8 - 13. I'll be calling at the 11 month window, day by day! Hoping for some pixiedust: !

So far so good for our Memorial week trip, also calling day by day. We have four of the five nights so far - May 25-28/08 and I'll call tomorrow to get the last night. These are for concierge studio. I don't like the gamble either of possibly getting a pool view but at least I've been forwarned. When we've stayed concierge before with cash it seemed as if those 6th floor pool view rooms were always empty as I'm sure each guest protested when they were told they were assigned there ( and most I know were then moved to the 5th floor savannah view). As members we won't have the option to complain and be moved, hence those rooms will now be occupied vs. empty. I figure there's lots of other places to see the animals. Oh...and I was also warned about the construction noise and was told it will continue into 2009- I thought the Jambo house area was to be completed before 09, so I guess the warning relates to the nearby construction at Kidani. Can't wait to stay there too!---Kathy

Good luck on getting your last night Kathy!

I ran the view by my kids and they said that they really didn't care, but were more concerned about being in concierge!!! :rotfl:

We ruined them forever when we stayed at the Poly Concierge in 2003!! :rolleyes:

I hope the major construction noise is over by then or at least get a room that doesn't overlook it! ;)

Oh...and I was also warned about the construction noise and was told it will continue into 2009- I thought the Jambo house area was to be completed before 09, so I guess the warning relates to the nearby construction at Kidani. Can't wait to stay there too!---Kathy
Congratulations on getting your concierge reservation! Jambo House should be finished by May '08 if not earlier since construction seems to be ahead of schedule, but Kidani doesn't open until 2009. The savanna view rooms on the 6th floor face the Sunset Savanna, and will have a direct view of Kidani Village as well so we will see and hear some construction activity from those rooms. I'll be staying concierge in early May '08 and I figure construction noise at Kidani will be noticeable but not bothersome. I hope I'm right!

I got my last night...whew! I wasn't able to call yesterday right when they opened ( Saturday) so I felt very lucky to get it. We'll be in a studio May 25-30, 2008. I don't mind overlooking construction but wonder if we DO get lucky enough to get a savannah view if the animals will even be out. They might not like the Kidani construction. The important thing for this trip was the concierge and being able to book the Sunrise Safari so I'm not going to worry about view and location, etc. Can't wait! So far it looks like most of us who are posting are getting requested dates and room types- I guess we'd all better take advantage of it while we can before more of AKLV is sold and we have more competition.---Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter