anyone planning ahead for 2011?

Crap, I thought this sounded familiar. This guy was DisneyGuy2009 last year, and started a bunch of rumors he had no proof for, and then deleted the post after people started to question him, and disappeared, and then came back to snark "I told you so". Don't know if he's legit or not, but I dislike his methods.

Sayhello

My thoughts exactly when I read his post earlier.

My thoughts exactly when I read his post earlier.

Thank you for the warning. I didn't think there were mean spirited people like that on the Dis but I guess that they sneak in everywhere. I'll keep researching my other Egypt choice - a Viking river cruise down the Nile.

I wondered about him, too--I sparred a bit with the 09 version last year, and I note he didn't say hello to me this time around. Well! But I should point out--although he was snarky and all, he was also right last year re nothing new, so it may be that he is right about Eygpt. But the announcement in July and not Aug? If this proves correct then I'll have to assume he either works within Disney or is close to someone who does--can't say he has the right Disney attitude or PR skills though!

Thank you for the warning. I didn't think there were mean spirited people like that on the Dis but I guess that they sneak in everywhere. I'll keep researching my other Egypt choice - a Viking river cruise down the Nile.

In case your looking for any other options, Linblad/National Geographic has two itineraries in Egypt. And Thomson Family Adventures also offers an Egypt trip.

I wondered about him, too--I sparred a bit with the 09 version last year, and I note he didn't say hello to me this time around. Well! But I should point out--although he was snarky and all, he was also right last year re nothing new, so it may be that he is right about Eygpt. But the announcement in July and not Aug? If this proves correct then I'll have to assume he either works within Disney or is close to someone who does--can't say he has the right Disney attitude or PR skills though!

I doubt he works for Disney. I'm betting he could get in a lot of trouble for leaking tour information if he worked for Disney.

say goodbye to golden and hello to tut (no lasers) launch pushed back until first of aug.

I overlooked this last year, however, I will not overlook it this year. Sayhello you are as rude this year as you were last year. Is it that you are jealous that I have information that you do not have. Enough said, let's see what happens in just a few day ;)

Folks...let's play nicely or the thread will be closed.

Dates for ABD 2011 are supposedly going to be announced 7/21/10.

You will all know very soon.

Kevin

And so, it seems, no one was quite right re the launch--but DisneyGuy WAS right (again) re the trips offered/cancelled. I don't think he's a Disney employee (no one from Disney would go after our beloved SayHello!)--so i stand by my prediction that he is close to someone at ABD. I also think in his own way that he has an interest in keeping ABD strong, even though he has a snarky way of letting us all know. I agree with Kevin--we should play nice!

the new itins are live NOW. phone lines open 0700 PST. And so it appears that golden is gone and tut is there. AND the launch is on the 20th (PST) not the 21st. ABD is located on the west coast.

Playing has become much nicer thanks to DisneyKevin

Where is the incentive to rush to the phone and call ABD? Everybody who did that last year lost out on free cruises and iPods and $200 PIN discounts.

Ohhhh, how do I get a free cruise?

ABD released the 2010 itineraries on Aug 10 last year. Then they offered a free cruise as an incentive in Oct 2009 - Jan 2010 on the 2010 itineraries. No guarantee they'll offer one this year. So far they haven't posted any kind of incentive on their website to enourage early booking.

No early booking discount, no repeat guest discount (but a choice of a difference pre-depature gift if you have a closetful of backpacks). The prices are sort of a "pre-sale" with the lowest available now and the possibility of increases in September.

More as I hear!

Dotti

Due to Egyptian law, each and every guided tour in Egypt will have a 24 hour armed security guard traveling with them.

This information will be shared with each and every person booking the Adventure.

Due to Egyptian law, each and every guided tour in Egypt will have a 24 hour armed security guard traveling with them.

This information will be shared with each and every person booking the Adventure.
Oh, doesn't that sound like fun! :eek:

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter