Anyone read or reading "The Hunger Games"?

Well...the Movie was a pretty good adaptaion of the book.

A few changes here and there...but overall a good job.

Cuddos for the Casting!

I thought the movie was fantastic - perfect casting! I've seen it twice already :lovestruc They have all signed on to do all three, and Suzanne Collins just recently went through the movie script, so I'm sure it will be in "filming mode" any time soon! SO excited :banana:

Not sure how accurate this is, but I heard a rumor that they'll be going the Harry Potter/Twilight route and split the last book into two movies. Not sure what to think about that. I have to see the first one when it comes out next week over here and see how well they develop other people's stories (i.e. not only Katniss's perspective on things).

Not sure how accurate this is, but I heard a rumor that they'll be going the Harry Potter/Twilight route and split the last book into two movies. Not sure what to think about that. I have to see the first one when it comes out next week over here and see how well they develop other people's stories (i.e. not only Katniss's perspective on things).

I really hope they don't split the last book into two movies. I really don't know how they could do that, or where in the story they would break it up. The books are all in Katniss' perspective, so I'm sure the movies will follow along with that idea

Well...the Movie was a pretty good adaptaion of the book.

A few changes here and there...but overall a good job.

Cuddos for the Casting!

I completely agree! I highly recommend the movie...if you can, read the book first.

The casting was excellent. Elizabeth Banks was unrecognizable as Effie, Woody Harrelson did a nice job as Haymitch and Jennifer Lawrence (Katniss) is about to become a household name.

I completely agree! I highly recommend the movie...if you can, read the book first.

The casting was excellent. Elizabeth Banks was unrecognizable as Effie, Woody Harrelson did a nice job as Haymitch and Jennifer Lawrence (Katniss) is about to become a household name.

I was going to see the movie then read the book. Is this a bad idea? :confused3

Wow... I just read these books last week. I didn't take a laptop and I don't have a tablet, but when we went to Gatlinburg last week, I wanted some reading material. I ended up downloading the books onto my smart phone and actually read them all on it. I was laying in bed reading until 3 or 4 am a couple of nights because I couldn't put it down and go to sleep. Very good books, although the third one seemed to be a little bit of a letdown to me after the first 2. Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed the trilogy and recommend it to anyone else. Not bad for "young adult" material.

Now, I just have to get around to seeing the movie. It really looks incredible.

Yeah, I've read that the production team is signed to make 4 movies. From what I saw, it is still being debated as to whether they'll make the 3rd book into 2 movies, or maybe just do another unrelated movie for the studio. It sounds like they're leaving it open at the moment, but I'd think if the films do as well as this first one has, they're going to want to milk it for all it's worth.

I really wish I would have read the book first. My wife read the first book (she's on the second now) and talked me and some friends into seeing the movie. The only one that liked the movie was my wife.

BTW I'm not trying to threadcrap, just sharing my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter