Anyone renew their Sirius XM radio subscription lately?

Mine was about to renew-called to cancel, they offered me $5 a month again for a year ($6 with taxes) I declined b/c I'm not using it too much anyway but it was fun to try it.

I don't know, the way Netflix, Paramont+ and Disney Plus are losing subscribers right now, streaming may go the way of the dodo.
I’m thinking more of the audio options like Spotify, etc., or even just Alexa. I’ve got an Alexa in my car and I can call up pretty much any song I want on demand, along with plenty of streaming news programs or special interest podcasts. I particularly enjoy Audible books when I am driving solo. While you do have to pay for an internet connection, many just use their phones. All my kids let the starter XM subscriptions go and mostly just listen to Spotify in their cars via their connected phones.

Last edited:
I’m thinking more of the audio options like Spotify, etc., or even just Alexa. I’ve got an Alexa in my car and I can call up pretty much any song I wan’t on demand, along with plenty of streaming news programs or special interest podcasts. I particularly enjoy Audible books when I am driving solo. While you do have to pay for an internet connection, many just use their phones. All my kids let the starter XM subscriptions go and mostly just listen to Spotify in their cars via their connected phones.
I rarely use Sirius XM for music. I use it for listening to sports broadcasts.

Just called to renew or cancel mine yesterday, depending on the pricing. They now have added a promo rate to the automated system that I got and I was able to get 6 months for $45 total! Never hurts to call and try to get promo rates!

I haven’t subscribed in at least 5 years. Got mail yesterday three years for 99 dollars. My mom got one also. Didn’t do it because wife’s car and she didn’t listen to it when she had it.

I just renewed for dh and I. $15.50/month for 2 cars so $7.75 each. They wouldn't budge any lower. I didn't really want the monthly charge; I'd rather just pay in full and be done with it for the year. So, I asked if I could get a lower price for paying for the year and was told no. If there's no benefit to shelling it all out at once, I might as well pay monthly.

For the past 2 years we had $60/year/car + taxes =$77.47. This is equivalent to $6.45/month/car so it's gone up around 20%. I won't keep it if it goes up any higher. I enjoy it but I don't spend a lot of time in my car.

Renewed last week. $87.41 for a year with all fees included. Works out to $7.28/month.

Looked back at my history and in 2006 I paid $255 for the year.

It's the only thing I buy that's gone down.

Platinum plan went from $22.99 before taxes and fees, 29.30 after to $8.99 before taxes and fees $11.43 after.

Platinum plan went from $22.99 before taxes and fees, 29.30 after to $8.99 before taxes and fees $11.43 after.
I just renewed last week. The initial offer was somewhere around $23. a month. Absolutely not, I said. He came back and offered something around $13 a month. Again I said, not interested. The third time he offered something that was around $90 for the year. Again I told him no. Finally he offered me $36 for 6 months, and I said yes.
I'll do the same thing again in six months.
I like having it, but I'm not paying more than that.

Apparently, if you truly do want to cancel, the easy way to do it is go on the chat and get disconnected partway though. I got disconnected and then went back on and the agent said the previous agent already canceled it and I somehow owed them a dollar. So, I guess I am finally free. No more getting talked into that $5 a month deal until it runs out and then paying the $20 plus a month until I have it in me to do it all again. Podcasts and audiobooks from here.

Apparently, if you truly do want to cancel, the easy way to do it is go on the chat and get disconnected partway though. I got disconnected and then went back on and the agent said the previous agent already canceled it and I somehow owed them a dollar. So, I guess I am finally free. No more getting talked into that $5 a month deal until it runs out and then paying the $20 plus a month until I have it in me to do it all again. Podcasts and audiobooks from here.
We have cancelled for real for about a year. They wouldn't budge on their pricing and would only offer the regular price so we cancelled. Eventually they sent us a postcard for a great price and we added it to my car too.

I have never minded paying full price as it is the only streaming service we use. We don't use Netflix, Disney+ or any other services. We have one for sports and that's it. I can't see ever dropping it. Mainly cause I can't stand regular radio. I keep it mainly for the live sports it has.

We have cancelled for real for about a year. They wouldn't budge on their pricing and would only offer the regular price so we cancelled. Eventually they sent us a postcard for a great price and we added it to my car too.
That’s weird. They would always give it to me for like $5 a month but it was only for maybe a year and then you have to do it all again and I got tired of that. I would try to just cut to the chase right away and say if you give me the $5 deal that I had, I will stay, if not, cancel my subscription as that is all I think it is worth and they would always do it. But I find it annoying that I have to keep doing that over and over for something I use less and less. This time, the chat crashed before they could offer me a deal and I guess the person just cancelled it.

That’s weird. They would always give it to me for like $5 a month but it was only for maybe a year and then you have to do it all again and I got tired of that. I would try to just cut to the chase right away and say if you give me the $5 deal that I had, I will stay, if not, cancel my subscription as that is all I think it is worth and they would always do it. But I find it annoying that I have to keep doing that over and over for something I use less and less. This time, the chat crashed before they could offer me a deal and I guess the person just cancelled it.
Yes, we were surprised too. This was probably 5-6 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter