Anyone stay in a Treehouse Villa in the summer??

edk35

DIS Veteran
If so...how was it??? Seems to me like this might be a better choice in the fall/winter. I just noticed that they have availability for the time we are planning a trip in Aug. I am thinking the pool will be the issue? :confused:

We stayed at the Treehouses a few summers back. It wasn't bad at all. The quiet pool in that is in the section with the Treehouse villas was very nice. The amount of people wasn't any different than at any other quiet pool at any other DVC resort we've stayed at in the past. Loved the frog fountain. :)

Was the pool easy to get to? How about the buses or did you have a car?

I think the Tree house pool is really walking distance from any of the tree houses. Our family (not me, walking is difficult) even walked over to the Grandstand pool using the path. That is longer but my family did it.

We were there in early June. We never even saw anyone at the pool. It is small but nice. I would never stay at the Tree houses without a car. It is just too time consuming to transfer at SSR.

If so...how was it??? Seems to me like this might be a better choice in the fall/winter. I just noticed that they have availability for the time we are planning a trip in Aug. I am thinking the pool will be the issue? :confused:

I like the idea of the Treehouse Villas in the summer. Trees to keep the area shaded when walking, a fairly private pool with a fountain. Private grills, deck and picnic table. Love the layout. I could deal with the buses, it's no worse than Ft Wilderness: I look at it as going hand-in-hand with getting a little bit of nature in with the Disney experience..

Wish I had enough points for one :)

OH you should GRAB IT Denise!! You will have your car, right? Or are you flying this time?? I would stay there one day if we ever got some extended family to join us…and if we had a car. I wouldn't like it w/o a car because they don't have dedicated buses….

THV can be prone to bugs due to the area but many factors are involved, weather, season, and the amount of rain last season.

:earsboy: Bill

OH you should GRAB IT Denise!! You will have your car, right? Or are you flying this time?? I would stay there one day if we ever got some extended family to join us…and if we had a car. I wouldn't like it w/o a car because they don't have dedicated buses….

I want to try them ONE DAY....but I am now thinking the HOT summer might not be for us. Yes we will have our van. I really like to be close to a pool when we go in the summer. I think we will have to try a split stay whenever we do try them.

We stayed for a week in August 2010. It was very peaceful and serene. One nice thing about that time of year is all the rainfall really "greens" things up.

I would highly recommend THV, as long as your have a car, as the bus system is very inefficient.

An August thunderstorm in the Treehouse Villas is the closest our family will probably ever get to a real rainforest!

We never had any problems with bugs, but didn't spend much time outside other than at the pool.

169lv9e.jpg

22_August20101200568569.jpg

2zow1w7.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/2mfyebl.jpg

We stayed for a week in August 2010. It was very peaceful and serene. One nice thing about that time of year is all the rainfall really "greens" things up.

I would highly recommend THV, as long as your have a car, as the bus system is very inefficient.

An August thunderstorm in the Treehouse Villas is the closest our family will probably ever get to a real rainforest!

We never had any problems with bugs, but didn't spend much time outside other than at the pool.

169lv9e.jpg

22_August20101200568569.jpg

2zow1w7.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/2mfyebl.jpg

VERY NICE... definitely FOOD FOR THOUGHT. popcorn::

The treehouses are as close to the quiet pool as most other resorts. You would have to walk further to a pool at SSR and Kidani. I love the treehouses but we wouldn't do them without a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter