• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

anyone stay in downtown disney?

eeyoresbestfriend

Mouseketeer
My inlaws have gotten the $49 rate at the Grosvenor in Downtown Disney, so we have switched from the All star sports, and are saving about $75 for the nights we are there, Can anyone tell me about this hotel? Is it along the same lines as the all star in comforts etc. I guess I'm trying to make sure its not "dirty" we have stayed at the all stars before and enjoyed them, I know the Grosvenor will not be disny themed, I just would like to get some opinions. Thanks to anyone who can help!
Marybeth

We have stayed there alot. It pops up all the time for $30 plus 5 bonus money for a 3 star on priceline. It is old, I will be honest. However, recently we were there and they were renovating the rooms. All rooms come with a refrig....that is kinda nice. The rooms are roomy, standard rooms. They have two outdoor heated pools and a jacuzzi. There are characters breakfast there certain days of the week and they have a Murder dinner theater.
For the price that you are paying and the amount of time that you will actually be spending in the room, I think that you will enjoy it. It is very convenient to DD and to area restaurants over in the crossroads area if you want to save a little money.....try the Italian place in the shopping center. It looks like a mom and pop place...very good.
I hope that you enjoy it....
mowsearz

Also if you are a Disney Club member, there is a 20% off coupon in this months issue that can be used in the restaurant at the Grosvenor.

If you are talking about a tower room, I think they will be very happy. The room we stayed in two weeks ago was clean and large, and everything except for the bathroom looked fairly new. The refrigerator was larger than the ones provided by most hotels. We liked this hotel better than the Royal Plaza, where we stayed for part of the trip.

I will be at the Grosvenor this Sunday with my 70yo Mom and we are supposed to get a Tower room because we booked thru DreamRes from this site. I'm a little more comfortable about it now, and more psyched than ever. Thanks for the replies. Can anyone tell me how to get to the Crossroads Mall, that's where the restaurants you are referring to are located right?:D :D

You say you are saving $75 over your entire stay. Just to be nosey, how many days are you staying? If it's more than 4 or 5, then your savings wasn't worth it IMO. I stay off-site all the time using Priceline and on-site at Old Key West and Boardwalk Villas.

I would have stated at the All Stars. We were disappointed in the Grosvenor when we stayed in September. Our room was in need of renovation and housekeeping was slipshod. Now, Courtyard Marriot was a different story. We thought it was great for the price we paid and I'd highly recommend it to anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter