Anyone up for a PTR? Jeff and Jon's 2nd trip to da World! (shhhh! it's a surprise!!!)

:mad:
I'm gonna start a campaign..."Send Rosie to Gay Days just to annoy Rob"

Who's with me?????

I didn't say it'd annoy me if you were here. I just said I wasn't planning on inviting you. It's a free country, you can come if you want to.

Well pish-posh. :mad:
You know I simply ooze refinement.

I thought you were oozing so you used ointment.

I didn't say it'd annoy me if you were here. I just said I wasn't planning on inviting you. It's a free country, you can come if you want to.

I thought you were oozing so you used ointment.

Well that's simply boorish.:rolleyes:

Oh, I'll annoy you all right! And I'm coming!!! :mad:

:scratchin

If you upgrade, you guys could come down for Gay Days next year! :banana:

Exactly!!! That's what I wanna do!!!! (Thanks to Jenn for her help!)

I'm always a bastion of decorum. :rolleyes:

Oh Wally....I had to get out the dictionary again on you. :teacher: My vocabulary has grown more.....

:mad:
I'm gonna start a campaign..."Send Rosie to Gay Days just to annoy Rob"

Who's with me?????

Okay Children...get in your corners! LOL!

And don't worry about Rosie coming to annoy us, I'll protect you from her. :thumbsup2

Oh my! She's gonna get you for that one! Thank you for your protection...I always love it when a dashing young man comes to my rescue......

And don't worry about Rosie coming to annoy us, I'll protect you from her. :thumbsup2

You think so do you?

Oh my! She's gonna get you for that one! Thank you for your protection...I always love it when a dashing young man comes to my rescue......

It's more like he'll be a dashed young man!

Disney can do just about anything with like a 48hr advanced order. My only problem was how expensive it was going to be for the special cake. And since I didn't order one, he provided it for us. Although I had a friend bring a ice cream cake (cause that's Kari's favorite cake). It was sorta melting by the time we got to it... they weren't planning on us watching the EWP as well. But that meant we had left overs to nibble on the rest of the trip.

The worst freaking out moment was as we were walking to the lobby, I saw every one walking up because some of the flood lights are on the roof in that section and I saw thier shadows. If you look up the side stairs in the lobby you'll see one at the very top that only has a small little balcony. It kinda sticks out of no where. There's a stairwell on the inside, you get to the top and go on the open stairwell, to the rooftop door. There's like 3 large AC units or something up there and the five flag poles. There's actually quite a bit of room up there, and since it's set down into the roof, the edge is like 3ft tall. And you can't really see the ground directly below you, so you don't realize you're like 10 floors up.

here's from our room view:
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss31/SandrA9810/Lodge2.jpg

The roof top looking from the ground:
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss31/SandrA9810/Lodge9.jpg

Our custom Mickey Ears
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss31/SandrA9810/Ears.jpg

Unfortantly I never uploaded all my pictures to the computer, I just uploaded some to transfer to a CD to take with me for an interview. One of our friends is also a photopass photographer, well actually two of em were, so they took the pictures for us.
And our friend at the time was supposed to be video taping and there's only 4 minutes of tape... at the very beginning when we were waiting for the fireworks to start, and at the very end when me and kari were standing there watching the end of the fireworks.
Definatly one of the embarrasing moments of my life thing, who knows how often I would ever let any one watch the tape... but I'm still angry she didn't record it.

Well, all I have to say is that I am pretty "darn" proud of myself. For a long time, I have keep Jon's birthday surprise a secret. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done, besides trying to finish college! ;) Anyway, last night "it" happen and this is how it went....

Jon has had some tiresome days at his work. He has been handling a lot with his salon. So in addition to taking care of his clients, he has been dealing with a lot stress of the actual "business part" of his salon and dealing with his business partner, etc. Anyway, we went out to dinner and he kept saying that he was so ready for our "beach trip" and was ready to get out of Asheville for few days. I agreed with him.I was going to be happy this time next week! We both have the whole week off from work! I have been swamped at work and our busy season just got a little more hetic. All is good though!

Anyway, we returned home after stopping by the grocery store. We got settled in for the night and then Jon asked me about our ADRs for our September Trip. Okay, Jon brought up Disney this time and I was getting ready to do some more bluffin'. He has no clue that we are actually going to be in one of the most hottest places on earth, (other than Wally's place ;)! )in just a few more days.....I have been excited! It was time to spread the joy to my Jon.

"It's time to make our dining reservations for Disney, right?" I told him yes, it was actually the 29th which is tomorrow. Jon was excited and couldn't wait to pick out a few places he had in mind.

Then it hit me.......I kept telling myself, I have all those balloons to decorate his shop. Was I lazy? No, I just don't have the time to follow through with my plan. Plus, I wanted to see the look on his face in person when he finds out where we are really going.

I was sitting in another chair in the living room across from him with my laptop.

Jon says, "What's wrong?" I just looked at him with a huge smile on my face and said, "Just hang on for a minute....." I just sort of gazed at him. I mentioned to him that I was okay, just give me a minute. I had something to tell him! I got a little weak, I felt like I was going to propose to him again....I was getting ready to tell him the news that I have been hiding so long. It's been so hard to keep this surpise hush hush....I was ready to tell him. Yeah, I know this sounds so dramatic....

Jon turned a white as school glue...he was so pale. He said "Oh my god, what is wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong honey, all is good. You just have no idea what I have been doing the past couple of months. All this time, I have been keeping a secret from you and its about to kill me."

Sounds like an episode from Falcon Crest......

I just sort of paused and buried my face in my hands. I looked up and started giggling a little bit. I knew it was time to go ahead and tell him the big surprise. I couldn't hold it any longer. We have a week to go and I just was thinking I need to tell this man of mine where we were really going in a week.

Bascially, I just said, "I love you so much and I want you to have the best 40th birthday ever." It gets sappy during this part and I know Wally would love it but I have to follow the rules.....;)

Anyway, I told him like this.... "Okay! Ummmm We are going to Disney for your birthday!!!"

He just starting laughing and said "What?" and he does this chuckle that would just kill ya.....

I explained to him my whole process....I told him all the countless trip reports I have been reading. And all the Ebay-ing I have been doing.....the extra hours at work. "Yes honey, I had a affair wth DIS....I have been planning you a surprise bday trip...." I kept on and on......I didn't hush one minute. Jon, like he always does, just sat there on the couch with the biggest grin on his face listening to my "presentation." All the stress of trying to keep this a surprise was lifted off of my shoulders. I had a lot to say about his surprise.....:goodvibes

"I can't believe all this time...I just don't know what to say? OMG!" Was his replies.....

I asked him did he have a clue at all about what I was planning, and he said no, he didn't. He was very surprised. He was so excited! I did tell him this was one of the hardest things for me to do, keeping a secret from him and I don't think I could do it again. So hard!

Then, I heard this....

"I got to get my pins ready!"

I was like :scared1:! But, I knew I had gotten him the perfect gift....let him trade his butt off. Im ready for good food and fun......Ive been dieting trying to get rid of what I gained last January. Im back down to where I was before we left for our last trip.....made room for next week! I want a fried candy bar and some of those pretzel rods! LOL!

Then I told him this, "This your trip, and I want you to do the things you want to do." This when I grab my notebook with all the notes I was making....and I showed him my "thoughts" about this trip. Three hours later, it was 3am in the morning.....I was exhausted this morning from that heavy secret hoovering over me and it being lifted off of me......so glad I told him now. Jon and I both agreed he needed to know now. It was such good news to get him through next week at work. Plus, he wanted to plan and share his new 'gift' with his friends!

Today, I went to Old Navy for a new pair of swiming trunks....Jon went along too...Do I win the swimsuit competition with my new choice?....find out later on when I return and do my TR!

So, that's it. I hope you enjoyed this and yep, He finally knows. I feel a whole better too! Jon has told all his Facebook freinds and he is getting Happy Birthdays already and he turns 40 on the 9th....

Next up, a nice surprise with our tickets and a new plan, again....or do we just "wing it?"

I still seriously can't believe that you kept that a secret for that long! Way to go! :thumbsup2

Btw, it's my birthday today, did you get me a trip to WDW too?

balloons.gif
balloons.gif
balloons.gif

Good Job - Have a blast!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Now you can be excited together. (Which is how I like it best) :rolleyes:

Yay, for keeping it a secret this long.
And if you guys are on Facebook you can update everyday of the trip, so we aren't all in suspense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter