Anyone up for a PTR? Jeff and Jon's 2nd trip to da World! (shhhh! it's a surprise!!!)

I do wanna meet ya and you can sing Happy Birthday to Jon! :banana:

Just a heads up. I have walked out of jobs when in the middle of training when they tell me "Now we are going to teach you our Birthday Song"! Some magic? Sure! Singing? Absolutly NOT!

And remember, if you do get the hankerin' for dinner you can eat at the bar too, which also doesn't require a reservation. :)

Same goes for the Sushi bar, they dont take reservations for that, and you get a great view of the open kitchen if you like to watch that sort of thing!

Hola Jeff!

AHH! RENT THE SEA RACERS AT WL!!!!! Totally worth th $45! Scenic, quiet, natural...all at the comfort of DISNEY!

If you have time one night for Wishes, go to the beach at the polynesian and watch it there. It's quiet and offers practically unobstructed views of the fireworks. Or even from the beach at the WL, not sure what it looks like, but should be just about the same. Hope you have an UBER fun time there!!

Joining in a little bit late, but I enjoyed getting caught up and look forward to the next installment!

-- Dave

:hug:

I think Mike has a good idea about just ordering a drinky-poo at California Grill if you're not looking to shell out the big bucks for a meal that evening. And remember, if you do get the hankerin' for dinner you can eat at the bar too, which also doesn't require a reservation. :) "Wishes" is great from up there.

Ah! So many suggestions:idea:....you guys are wonderful! I appreciate it!!!

Just a heads up. I have walked out of jobs when in the middle of training when they tell me "Now we are going to teach you our Birthday Song"! Some magic? Sure! Singing? Absolutly NOT!

Same goes for the Sushi bar, they dont take reservations for that, and you get a great view of the open kitchen if you like to watch that sort of thing!

I LOVE shushi so this is a thought....Jon is okay with it, he only likes the tuna rolls, I'm hardcore and do it all! :idea:

Hola Jeff!
AHH! RENT THE SEA RACERS AT WL!!!!! Totally worth th $45! Scenic, quiet, natural...all at the comfort of DISNEY!
If you have time one night for Wishes, go to the beach at the polynesian and watch it there. It's quiet and offers practically unobstructed views of the fireworks. Or even from the beach at the WL, not sure what it looks like, but should be just about the same. Hope you have an UBER fun time there!!

Hey there sirjeff90! (btw, I think is so neat that our names are almost the same!!!) I wanna ride one of those boats so bad!!! I don't think Jon would like it! Last July, we were at the lake, and I rented a jet ski. I had access to a jet ski when I lived back in eastern nc. Anyway, I rented a jet ski for an hour and took Jon on his first jet ski ride. I put the pedal to the medal with Jon on back and sent Jon into a nervous wreck! Thank you for the ideas!!! :goodvibes

Broomstick! It's the only way to fly.....

Yes, Jon agress with you also.....too bad we can't orrb over like they did in Charmed....:sad1:

Joining in a little bit late, but I enjoyed getting caught up and look forward to the next installment!
-- Dave

Hey Dave!!! And :welcome:

You must be so excited. I don't think I could ever plan a surprise. I'd be bursting.
Glad you can share it here with us...Tell us more...

Hey Y'all!!! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! Jon and I have a neice and yesterday she turned 1 year old!!!! And she took her 1st steps too while we were there at her party last night!!!!....This is Scarlett's daughter, the one I mentioned earlier in a few post back!!!! I also worked today and it rained, rained, and rained some more and we needed it so bad! The pollen has been washed away!!!!

Okay! I know the title of the post says it all! How in the world do we get to da "world??" Car, Plane, or Broomstick???? We are staying 4 nights at a wonderful resort on Disney property. Jon is going to be in pin trading heaven and I'm sure there will be lots more to buy to add to the collection and we do have to eat, and the cookie jar is almost empty and I don't wanna spend anymore on my credit card!!!! I did go overboard on our studio villa, so making up my mind on how to get there without going bankrupt was not so easy. I keep telling myself that this was special time and Jon is all worth it.....:wizard:

I planned on driving, just like last time. It's a 10 hour drive from Asheville, NC to the most happiest place on earth. I can handle it and its cheap....I drove to Atlantic City nonstop before so, I planned on driving us to Orlando again. 607 miles down and 607 up......:car:

I was thinking all about transportion this last week right after I made our ADRs......gosh, by the time we get down there, 4 more nights, we will have to drive back home! I hate I26 and I95 driving along the GA coastline is nuts with construction, my ipod does not have that many downloads to keep us entertained.....

I started looking online with expedia on airfare. I read the transporation boards and see what kind of deals everyone was finding. Everything I was finding was going to cost us over $500 total!!!!! I kept telling myself if I were to book us a flight, I would not go over $300 total. I know thats alot for some. Maybe I could pick up some overtime at work the next week or two....and my boss said, no problem there....we have just lost 4 people and we were at a hiring freeze right now, so my wish was granted.....work baby work!!!

Last week, our local news channel was doing a story on our local airport here in Asheville. They were talking about the current economy and how people were taking less trips and how AVL was offering nonstop fares to other vacation destination to encourage people to travel. During the news clip, the anchor person reported new nonstop flights from Asheville to Orlando! I could not believe what I just heard and thank God for TeeVoe, I pressed replay on the remote and what I heard was correct!!!! :happytv: Asheville was offering specials on nonstop direct flights to Orlando and other places.....so I checked it out....

I looked everywhere and found nothing "cheap.":surfweb:

I had a hardtime finding it on the Expedia and other "cheap tickets" websites for airfare...I only saw connecting flights in Charlotte that started at $288 per person :scared1:Thats no deal!!!!

So, I went out to lunch with my freind Amy. Amy is from NJ and she has to fly to Newark every so often to see family and she told me that she got a great deal on a Airtran. Amy was telling me about the deal and she said she left nonstop from AVL to Newark....cool!

"Was that on the news the other day...you know, they were talking about flying out of Asheville to different places nonstop?"

And she said "yeah, you can go nonstop to Orlando now too...." And she looked at me like I was going to say something Disney.....I refrained from saying anything Disney to her, but I did ask her "You got this on Airtran?" "Yep. Airtran dot com!"

"Check Please!!!!" I had to get home to see what I could find!!!!!!!!!!!

I came home and got online with Airtrain....and there it was....$149 per person to fly out of Asheville to Orlando! :woohoo: I booked it and it was just over $300 total with fees included!

No drive, we fly!!!! And the airport is 10 minutes from our house.....:worship:

So we are booked! We leave on a early Tuesday afternoon and we'll be there in 1 hour and 35 minutes!!!! So much better than 10 hours in our car listening to all the Duran Duran I have downloaded on my ipod!

Now, here is a pic that I promised I show.....remember that I am suppose to show some never before seen footage of our last WDW trip? Here is one pic....enjoy...

image77.jpg

This was taken by the photopass CM in Epcot when there was no line to see Pooh and freinds....I grew up with Pooh and Jon mentioned this was one the best parts of the trip, it was b/c I had a little tear in my eye when Pooh reach out to me!.....yeah yeah, I know that was sappy, but it was magical! :wizard:

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! I will be back with more!!! I promise! I want to enjoy this weekend and I have to order pizza now!

Take Care!!!

That's really a pretty good price for airfare. Sometimes shelling out an additional couple hundred bucks is worth it instead of showing up at WDW worn out after having driven. If you use Disney Magical Express (which I loved due to it being so easy) it not only makes the arrival more interesting, but it also takes a little bit of the sting out of leaving WDW.

I got a little teary-eyed too when Pooh came to my table at the Crystal Palace a few years ago. :rolleyes: Is it just me, or is Jon slow dancing with Tigger in that picture? :rotfl2:

I LOVE shushi so this is a thought....Jon is okay with it, he only likes the tuna rolls, I'm hardcore and do it all! :idea:

You didn't hear this from me, but if you sit at the sushi bar, and chat up Youshi, the sushi chef, and act interested in new things....she will often throw you the end cuts for you to try new things! She doesn't serve the end cuts, and they often end up in the trash! She loves to share new things with guests and she knows her stuff! :thumbsup2

They also serve the full menu at the sushi bar!

Gratz on the airfare! I usually fly Southwest to Orlando. I find their fares really good. Plus they have several non-stop flights.

You didn't hear this from me, but if you sit at the sushi bar, and chat up Youshi, the sushi chef, and act interested in new things....she will often throw you the end cuts for you to try new things! She doesn't serve the end cuts, and they often end up in the trash! She loves to share new things with guests and she knows her stuff! :thumbsup2

The same goes with the drinks and food if you sit at the "regular" bar........but you didn't hear it from me. :rolleyes1 Is it possible to go wrong at the Cali Grille? :worship:

That's really a pretty good price for airfare. Sometimes shelling out an additional couple hundred bucks is worth it instead of showing up at WDW worn out after having driven. If you use Disney Magical Express (which I loved due to it being so easy) it not only makes the arrival more interesting, but it also takes a little bit of the sting out of leaving WDW.

I got a little teary-eyed too when Pooh came to my table at the Crystal Palace a few years ago. :rolleyes: Is it just me, or is Jon slow dancing with Tigger in that picture? :rotfl2:

When I 1st got on line and looked everything up, it said $69! And then Airtrans books by segment, so it was times 2 for round trip! So, I though I was getting it all for $140ish! But I was happy anyway! It made a dent in my credit card, but Im happy with it......I don't wanna spend a total of 20 hours on the road though!

Im glad that I was not the only one that got teary eyed when I saw Pooh...now I don't feel so bad!

Mike, you are hired! I think you need to be with us as our personal guide! Love your suggestions....how much do you charge for being our personal assistant and guide for 4 nights/5 days.....???

Gratz on the airfare! I usually fly Southwest to Orlando. I find their fares really good. Plus they have several non-stop flights.

Thank you! I looked on Southwest but I would have to drive all the way to Raleigh for departure/arrival and that is over 4 hours away! Glad that Airtran is working with our airport here in Asheville! Glad to have you join in on my thread!!!!! Thanks!!!!!

The same goes with the drinks and food if you sit at the "regular" bar........but you didn't hear it from me. :rolleyes1 Is it possible to go wrong at the Cali Grille? :worship:

I'm gonna be changing my ADR here soon for July 9th....I'm still debating on what to do for the actual "big day!" I hope its not wrong to go with Cali Grill...Im leaning towards that or the Yachtman SH.

I wish there was a character dining with all the villians including Jack Skellington only. Jon would be in heaven then.....:rotfl:

Thanks everyone for your input and comments! I love it!!!!! :love:

Can't believe you are keeping a secret, it would kill me to keep it quiet, especially since my partner hates surprises. I also work in the hospitality industry and love to travel!!
We are taking my mom to WDW May 18-23 and staying at Poly and can't wait. We found a great price on airfare on Jetblue direct from Austin. It will be our 2nd time at WDW and my mom's first time.

Ask for Ricardo/Ricky! The absolute best server on Disney property! :thumbsup2

I have that name written down on my notebook and I could not remember why? Ah! that's what it was! Ricardo......

Can't believe you are keeping a secret, it would kill me to keep it quiet, especially since my partner hates surprises. I also work in the hospitality industry and love to travel!!
We are taking my mom to WDW May 18-23 and staying at Poly and can't wait. We found a great price on airfare on Jetblue direct from Austin. It will be our 2nd time at WDW and my mom's first time.

It's so hard keeping this a surprise....he knows we are going somewhere, but not a clue it's to WDW. When I make a Disney reference, I keep refering it to our trip that is planned for Sept/Oct!!!!!

How cool on your plans!!!! Your 2nd and trip and sharing it with mom! And congrats on finding your deal on Jetblue!!!! You guys have fun and hope to be reading a TR from you too!!!!!

Too cute! So you are calling me a seal????? I will do anything for sushi.....clap my hands and blow a horn.....;)

I love secrets and I love surprises and since I can't really plan my Sept trip yet (as Disney hasn't released EMH and park hours yet, and the 90 day ADR rule) I might as well help others plan :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter