Anyone use Orbitz to book air?

Jen in MA

<font color=blue>I Love the Mouse!<font color=gree
Hi,

I'm thinking of using Orbitz to book airline tickets online. Has anybody out there ever used Orbitz? Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated... Thanks!

:confused:

I just did around three weeks ago. Found a great rate from AZ to MCO on United. Since it was the first time using Orbitz, they waved their charge. I called United after booking and we were on their itenerary and I put all our seats together. So far, so good; we don't travel until May, but so far everything is fine. (I did have trouble when purchasing one ticket. I had to buy four on one order and then order the fifth separately. When I went to finalize the final ticket purchase, it said that there were no more flights available:( , so I called their 1-800 number and they took care of ordering that single ticket for me via the 1-800 number).

Gosh, can you do that?:D
Just kidding of course.
But I use it to find out what's available, then go to airline web site to actually book. Seems to make sense unless your itinerary involves more than one airline.

I was using Orbitz, also to check fares. When I found that United flight, the United web site had the exact same flight for a little over $50/ticket. So, I took the plunge with Orbitz! When you have five tickets to buy, you gotta be frugle!!!!!! :D :D

We have used Orbitz several times. I really like their search engine, although if they start adding on the $10 fee, I will just look up flights on their site and buy from the airline directly. We have never had any trouble with them. Sometimes I don't like their seat assignments, so I simply call the airline to change them. Also, when the schedule changed for our flights last week, they sent me the wrong info...again, a quick call to the airline gave me the right info (I always call to doublecheck anyway). If you can get a good deal from them, I would recommend them.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We got our tickets through Orbitz for our Feb trip long before the Sept. 11 tragedy.... We thought it was great... we did find the flights we wanted and wen to many other sites including the airlines and found Orbitz to be a better price.....

A great thing about them... they email you if there are any itenary changes so you stay up to date... even if it is only a 5 minute change !! I don't know of an airline that does that without you inquiring first !

Good Luck !!

Although I haven't used them personally, my cousin flies to Florida every spring and has only used orbitz to book (and she never even starts looking until after the new year); always gets unheard of rates. She is quite the bargain-hunter and says orbitz is the best...

Hi Jen,

I used ORBITZ last August from Logon to Orlando. Once I booked it, I too was a little suspicious so I called American Air Lines and then confirmed my flight. All I had to do is show up with a ID and they would hand me my tickets. I actually got the best rates through them.

Good Luck and don't worry........have a good trip

Orbitz is owned by American, Continental, Delta and United Airlines. Don't think you need to worry about them becoming a fly-by-night company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter