Anyone use Sparkle Skirts or Team Sparkle?

Tarheel girl 1975

Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder
So I have just started running, but I am thinking of signing up for the Happy Haunted 5k run. It would be my first 5k. :hyper: Initially, I wasn't thinking about wearing a costume, but then I saw that both Sparkle Skirts and team sparkle had Minnie Mouse print skirts. I thought maybe I could get one for the 5k and then use it for MNSSHP too. Any opinions on which one is better? If it matters, I'm short (5') but not skinny. :blush:

So I have just started running, but I am thinking of signing up for the Happy Haunted 5k run. It would be my first 5k. :hyper: Initially, I wasn't thinking about wearing a costume, but then I saw that both Sparkle Skirts and team sparkle had Minnie Mouse print skirts. I thought maybe I could get one for the 5k and then use it for MNSSHP too. Any opinions on which one is better? If it matters, I'm short (5') but not skinny. :blush:

Sparkle Skirts are the best! They don't ride up, and Leah is awesome!! Sparkle skirts are much less see through and don't have that weird ruffle. I've seen some people who look adorable in Team Sparkle, but I really think Sparkle Skirts are more flattering for most.

Sparkle Skirts are the best! They don't ride up, and Leah is awesome!! Sparkle skirts are much less see through and don't have that weird ruffle. I've seen some people who look adorable in Team Sparkle, but I really think Sparkle Skirts are more flattering for most.

Totally agree with this statement! :thumbsup2

I LOVE SparkleSkirts!! I bought 2 of them, the one I haven't worn yet, I bought a Minnie skirt that I will wear for the TOT 10-Miler :thumbsup2 Last weekend I wore my Berry Smoothie skirt for a local 10K and I LOVED it!!

SparkleSkirts all the way baby!! :goodvibes

I have two team sparkle skirts and really like them, but would prefer having the tech shorts attached like sparkle tech.

MightyDuck001 said:
How fortuitous! I just finished writing my ode to the Sparkletech skirt, which happens to be the red Minnie.

That was great!

I have my eye on that Minnie print....trying to decide if my sewing skills would be enough to make my own (found Minnie fabric at Hancock's). I already have the shorts that would go underneath. hmmmmm....

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I have a team sparkle skirt that I wear over shorts/capris and I love it!

I'm a bit superstitious about only racing in one brand/type of shorts :confused3 so I've never tried the Sparkle Skirts, but they look great.

Forget about your body type, running and looking cute doing it is for everyone!

How fortuitous! I just finished writing my ode to the Sparkletech skirt, which happens to be the red Minnie.

I'm planning to ask for the Minnie print skirt for Christmas to wear in the WDW Marathon. I run in a few skirts from Target right now myself and they work well for me, but I love the fabric choices of the SparkleTech and especially love the storage options. Nice to hear so many people love them.

I have 2 Sparkle skirts and love, love, love them. I bought the Minnie print for Marathon weekend in January. Everytime I open my closet it's hanging front and center as motivation. I hightly recommend. They are very comfortable and the zippered pocket is a bonus. The side pockets hold a lot very comfortably. You can wear the pocket in the front or back and the shorts don't ride up at all. The only downfall, if there is one, is the price.

I'm planning to ask for the Minnie print skirt for Christmas to wear in the WDW Marathon. I run in a few skirts from Target right now myself and they work well for me, but I love the fabric choices of the SparkleTech and especially love the storage options. Nice to hear so many people love them.

The target one is my back-up, but I really love the Sparkletech, especially the ones with a fuller skirt. They're so flattering, comfortable, cute and functional there was just no going back. Plus it's like I'm running Disney every time I run.

I've got a couple of the Target ones -- but I think I've worn them out since they've started to chafe during longer runs. I've orders a running skirt from Athleta (yay Tall sizes!) and I just received my Minnie Skirt from Sparkle Skirts. I'll be running in it tomorrow AM to test drive it -- which will gain some odd looks, I'm sure! :lmao:

I love my Sparkleskirts and Leah will customize one with the WISH feather for free if you plan on running in a WISH shirt any time. :goodvibes

I have a Sparkle Skirt (a plain black one) and am planning on getting another one for the marathon. I don't have a Team Sparkle, but a buddy of mine does.

I think what you're looking at here are 2 totally different products.

These are what you're looking at, right?

Team Sparkle
Sparkle Skirts

Differences:

- The Team Sparkle skirt is sort of an "overlay"...it doesn't come with shorts attached. The Sparkle Skirt comes with shorts. If you're concerned about the Sparkle Skirts riding up, the Team Sparkle one may be a safer bet because you can use what you already have and what you know works for you. However, I'll echo the other Sparkle Skirt owners and say that for me, the shorts don't ride up. The skirt is really comfortable except for on really hot days, because you're essentially wearing 2 layers on bottom.

- In looking at the Team Sparkle page, the skirt doesn't have any pockets. For me, this is a huge deal breaker for Team Sparkle. The Sparkle Skirt does have pockets, and they are awesome - one on each leg of the shorts and one on the waistband with a zipper. What I LOVE about this is that I don't need a fuel belt when I run - the pockets hold everything I need.

- I think these 2 points above are what give you the big price difference - $35 Team Sparkle vs. $65 Sparkle Skirt.

Let me say, the Sparkle Skirt is worth every penny and I've had the same experience with Leah, the owner, that others have had - she's awesome, very friendly and will answer all your questions.

Good luck in making your decision...and you should totally sign up for that 5K and have it be your first! You'll love running at Disney. :goodvibes

ETA: Maybe this is the in-between:

Little Mouse II

This one is like the Team Sparkle in that you'd need your own shorts, but it DOES have a pocket...so if you do the 5K you can hold your room key, some cash, park tickets, a cell phone, whatever. In case you can't tell, I'm really into the pockets. :)

Ariel484 said:
I have a Sparkle Skirt (a plain black one) and am planning on getting another one for the marathon. I don't have a Team Sparkle, but a buddy of mine does.

I think what you're looking at here are 2 totally different products.

These are what you're looking at, right?

Team Sparkle
Sparkle Skirts

Differences:

- The Team Sparkle skirt is sort of an "overlay"...it doesn't come with shorts attached. The Sparkle Skirt comes with shorts. If you're concerned about the Sparkle Skirts riding up, the Team Sparkle one may be a safer bet because you can use what you already have and what you know works for you. However, I'll echo the other Sparkle Skirt owners and say that for me, the shorts don't ride up. The skirt is really comfortable except for on really hot days, because you're essentially wearing 2 layers on bottom.

- In looking at the Team Sparkle page, the skirt doesn't have any pockets. For me, this is a huge deal breaker for Team Sparkle. The Sparkle Skirt does have pockets, and they are awesome - one on each leg of the shorts and one on the waistband with a zipper. What I LOVE about this is that I don't need a fuel belt when I run - the pockets hold everything I need.

- I think these 2 points above are what give you the big price difference - $35 Team Sparkle vs. $65 Sparkle Skirt.

Let me say, the Sparkle Skirt is worth every penny and I've had the same experience with Leah, the owner, that others have had - she's awesome, very friendly and will answer all your questions.

Good luck in making your decision...and you should totally sign up for that 5K and have it be your first! You'll love running at Disney. :goodvibes

ETA: Maybe this is the in-between:

Little Mouse II

This one is like the Team Sparkle in that you'd need your own shorts, but it DOES have a pocket...so if you do the 5K you can hold your room key, some cash, park tickets, a cell phone, whatever. In case you can't tell, I'm really into the pockets. :)

Thanks. That may be the one I go with. I have my own capris that I want wear for the race, but the pocket probably would be very handy. How much does it hold?

Tarheel girl 1975 said:
Thanks. That may be the one I go with. I have my own capris that I want wear for the race, but the pocket probably would be very handy. How much does it hold?

It's not a huge pocket like the sparkle tech, but my sparkle light will easily hold my cell phone, room key, ID, cash or CC if needed, and a fruit snack for half marathons.

Are the skirts longer than the ones at Target? They seem that way from the website, but I'm not sure.

I have two of the nylon skirts from Target with the attached shorts underneath....C9 brand. I love those for training. However, I bought the Sparkle Skirts tech Minnie for my race today. ( Rock and Roll Half Virginia Beach)...love the tech skirt with all the pockets...great for racing to hold anything...I had sunglasses and several gels in them.

I bought a sparkle skirt at the expo here at DL and wore it for the 5K, loved it, it was a good length, and the shorts never rode up as other shorts usually do on me, I am very happy with it, pockets are a big plus also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter