Anyone who has TV access...

luvwinnie

<font color=green>And how are YOU feeling?<br><fon
MIL heard on tv there is some sort of strange vapor in Midtown NYC (where I am), HAZMAT on scene...but I can't find any news on it.

I'm gonna go in the litchen here and see if there is anything on:(

So far, nothing has been mentioned on the news down here.

from www.1010wins.com....

Huge Cloud of Steam Shuts Down Fifth Avenue

Email This Story
Print This Story
Mar 13, 2003 11:46 am US/Eastern
(1010 WINS) (NEW YORK) Con Edison has stopped a steam leak that was sending a huge gray cloud over Fifth Avenue and Madison Avenue at 52nd Street in Manhattan.

No injuries were reported. However, pedestrians were instructed to stay away from the area until it could be determined if the pipe was lined with asbestos.

The steam erupted for about 45 minutes before workers managed to shut off a valve at about 10:45 a-m.

Con Edison spokesman Chris Olert says he was gathering information from workers at the scene. The Fire Department also was present.

Officers at the scene said a pipe had burst beneath the street, releasing the steam and dirt. The steam shot about 100 feet into the air and hung over the intersection.

Police closed off about six blocks of Fifth Avenue, resulting in a traffic backup along nearby streets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter