• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anything new with DAS or FP at DL?

mamaode

Mouseketeer
It's been about 4 year since we have been to DL, we are familiar with the DAS return time and paper fast pass system. I tried searching, is there anything noteworthy or new tips that could help us plan for a potential upcoming trip?

Thank you, Hailey

There is the Maxie pass you have to pay for this and I think it cuts down the time you have to wait for another FP in half you also get photo pass with this

Maxpass, as gap2368 mentioned, is new at DL. It is $10/day/ticket and if you are with other people, everyone has to have it to take advantage of the FP portion of it. There are two parts to maxpass, the first is that you get PhotoPass for the day(s) you purchase it for. The second part is that you get to use the digital fastpass system. This allows you to book a fastpass for any attraction that has one available, from anywhere as long as your park ticket has been scanned into one of the two parks that day. After you have entered one of the parks, you can grab a fastpass from anywhere, even outside the parks.

A few things about Maxpass:
Everyone in your party has to have Maxpass in order to use the digital fastpass booking.

You do not have to have Maxpass to use the paper fastpasses, this is still available to anyone. The one big change for non-digital FPs is that the machines no longer give you a paper FP, it prints out a reminder of when your FP is for and you have to scan your ticket at the FP entrance.

FP are still day-of, there is no pre-booking.

The time between when you can pull a new FP is 2 hours for non-Maxpass and 90 minutes for Maxpass.

You can and should use the DAS along with the FP system, regardless of whether you use Maxpass or not.

You can create FastPass group in the Disneyland app so one person can swipe through the tickets and scan them one at a time.

The Disneyland app is great when used with DAS and Maxpass, all your FPs and Return times show up in the app.

If you have a DAS return time, you HAVE to scan the ticket of the person who has the DAS first. The scanner will turn blue and a CM just has to confirm that it is a DAS time and you are on your way. Fastpasses can be scanned in any order and the scanner will turn green.

I *think* that is it, we used the DAS and Maxpass last month and found it worked really well. To us, it was worth the $30USD/day and we will likely buy it again next trip.

[QUOTE="The time between when you can pull a new FP is 2 hours for non-Maxpass and 90 minutes for Maxpass.[/QUOTE]

Can you get one MP from DL and one for DCA right afterwards or does the 90 minute timer count towards both parks?

@APears

I will say this though, as a passholder with Maxpass, it does make it easier on some of those with disabilities, in fact I haven't had to renew my DAS yet since getting the pass with Maxpass. This is in large part thanks to the fact that I can book a FP for my next attraction while in the short return line of my current attraction. Also, it should be noted that the wait time between FPs can be up to 90 minutes, but is also immediately reset when you scan the FP at the attraction you are going to, so let's look at an example:

It is 11:30, I get a FP for Haunted Manasion that is usable at 11:35 (yes, it really can be that quick now) while the standby line is 90 minutes. The system says I can get my next FP at 12:35, but I return to Haunted Mansion at 11:40, as soon as I use that first scanner I can then reserve my next FP, even though it isn't 12:35 yet. Now done properly, your next FP could be ready to use by the time you are off of Haunted Mansion and you can continue to do the same thing repeatedly.

Note that this does require a compatible smart phone, which most Android and iOS devices are compatible. Also, if you have a park hopper, you can reserve a FP from within one park to another. So say you are in line for Haunted Mansion and you are then wanting to ride Screamin', you can reserve a FP from there. Additionally, once you have been scanned into one of the parks for the day, you can reserve FPs from anywhere, including your home or hotel.

Another thing that this has added is every guest now has the ability to use the app to cancel FPs, which frees up a slot, but only those with Maxpass are able to claim these canceled FPs, so let's say Guardians is out of FPs, but someone has to leave the park earlier than expected for whatever reasons, they cancel their FPs for Guardians, you can go on your app and get said FPs, even though the "paper" versions are out for the day.

As you can see there is some added flexibility with Maxpass and it can be combined with a DAS, but like I said so far I haven't needed it since Maxpass was introduced since you go the same route as FP, but you probably would for rides like Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Storybook Land Canal Boats and the handful of others that you may have queue issues with and you might need it for FP attractions if you can't return at specific times and aren't getting the almost immediate return times. To be honest with Maxpass, I find the wait times to be shorter than with the DAS at most attractions, as like I said the return times can be almost instant.

And for the record this comes from someone that massively opposed to the idea that you would have to pay extra for Maxpass when WDW has a similar service for free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter