"Anythings possible, for a Possible!" - Oct 15-25 TR(Final thoughts 5/25-Post 249!)

Great updates! I love the 7 dwarfs pictures. And, that you were able to get a picture with both Mickey & Minnie.
DD Kim Possible costume was very cute & original. I wish they still aired the KP shows!

Tell me about it...I wish they would at least SELL them on DVD. They have that KP mission at Epcot, which is how DD got into KP to begin with, yet you can buy NOTHING for KP. Very disappointing. We've bought some stuff on e-bay, though.

SP

We have the two movies...I'd like to see an episode box set. (Not just 4 episodes on a DVD.)

To all, we are leaving on vacation shortly. (SKI TRIP! - my names not Skier Pete for nothin') So, likely they're won't be any updates until March. ( I'm trying to drag it long enough to segue right into my next PTR! :thumbsup2)

I'm still trying to get caught up after my Disboards hiatus, but I'm enjoying the updates! I went to MNSSHP on a Sunday, and we found the complete opposite to be true. The park felt so empty! The only thing that had a really long wait was the fairies (about an hour when we stopped by). We barely waited more than 5 minutes for anything else. It's amazing how different they can be.

Welcome back 'wings'...we've been missing you around here!

That seems to be the consensus is Sunday night is better. I thought Thursday would be slow since I figured the Friday and Sunday ones would be more popular, but apparently I predicted wrong. In the future, we would certainly change that plan.

I am now back from my most recent trip. Two great days of skiing (one not-so-great) and a few days of downtime at my parents. Work is pretty crazed coming back, though...so I am not sure when the next update will be....hopefully by next week!

Wow...over a month since might last actual update. Well, I've been working on it this weekend, and should be posting shortly, but until then here are a few shots from our recent ski trip (DW and I only).

DSCN5425.jpg

DSCN5426.jpg

DSCN5429.jpg

DSCN5433.jpg

DSCN5437.jpg

DSCN5440.jpg

Those Tahoe pics are beautiful!! DH & I tried skiing once...let's just say it's not my favorite thing in the world. :rotfl:

Wow, that view is awesome! You & DW look like pros out there! :thumbsup2

Those Tahoe pics are beautiful!! DH & I tried skiing once...let's just say it's not my favorite thing in the world. :rotfl:

I've died and gone to Heavenly! Those snow shots are Heavenly, skier_pete!

Thanks everyone! Our trip there was too brief, but we had two near perfect days of skiing. (Those photos are actually from two separate days, though its hard to tell them apart.)

Be getting back to the Disney trip soon...

Friday, the 22nd.

So, we had a rare second sleep in today, as we were up past midnight the night before for the Halloween party. I think we slept in close to 9 AM, and took our very leisurely time getting out of the hotel. This was mainly for the reason that we were going to Animal Kingdom, and had managed to see about 2/3 of the park the previous day we spent there. We had basically 4 goals for the day, the Boneyard, Expedition Everest (for me), Finding Nemo and FotLK.

We got to the park around 11 AM and after a leisurely walk through the Oasis….
DSCN5089.jpg

..we headed first to…
DSCN5092.jpg

DSCN5091.jpg

and the boneyard first.
DSCN5093.jpg

DSCN5094.jpg

DW stayed with DD at the boneyard while I went and took a tour of the Hymalayas. While at EE, I got what for me is a rare souvenir purchase. A baseball cap that says “Expedition Everest – Summit Team” what I liked about the hat is it has NO indication on it that it’s a Disney product, but is covered with patches from Anandapur and some Tibetan writing, and even has a worn look to it. After that, I went across the park to KS to get a set of FP for riding later in the day. On the way back, I ran into this guy:
DSCN5096.jpg

When I got back to the boneyard, DD had a surprise for us…she had decided she wanted to see Flights of Wonder again. The problem was, squeezing in this, Nemo, FotLK and lunch was going to be very difficult. So essentially, we decided to skip lunch to make this work. We brought a pretzel and some lemonade and headed over to Flights of Wonder.

Whereas the first time we saw the show we were seated way in the back, this time we were up near the front. DD surprised us again by saying she wanted to be the one to throw the grape to the hornbill. (For those that haven’t seen the show, there are several points at which volunteers are plucked from the audience. There’s only one spot where they pick a kid, and its to throw a grape up in the air so the hornbill – similar to a Toucan – can catch it in midair.)

So, I told DD that if she wants to do it, she needs to raise her hand and jump up and down so that he sees her. She did, and what do you know, she got picked! She was so excited to do this. I think we will now need to see this show every time we come to AK from now until forever!
DSCN5097.jpg

DSCN5098.jpg

After the show, we headed over to catch the Finding Nemo show. We were cutting it very close to squeeze it in, so we were stuck sitting in the very last row. Of course, we don’t have any pictures (your not supposed to take any, I think). I find this show OK, the puppetry is very good, but the songs are kind of mediocre. What I will give them credit for is compressing the whole show into 40 minutes, but it is still too long to sit through by at least 10 minutes. This was our second time every seeing it, and to me it is a “once every 2-3 years” level show, but if DD wants to do it once a trip I guess we could.

Up next - more events from Animal Kingdom.

That is so awesome DD was picked from the audience. It's a good thing DD wanted to make changes in your plans. Looks like she did a great job at it too!

Fantastic that DD got picked! Great shots of her too...and we love the Boneyard as well.

That is so awesome DD was picked from the audience. It's a good thing DD wanted to make changes in your plans. Looks like she did a great job at it too!

Fantastic that DD got picked! Great shots of her too...and we love the Boneyard as well.

It was great...especially since they only choose one kid. She always gets so bummed when she doesn't get picked for things - it was nice that she did. That and Jasmine walking with her are her two big memories of the trip. I think this is one of the big advantages of going frequently, getting to see the best techniques for getting selected for these things.

She's actually been on a roll lately, because on Sunday she was up on the Jumbotron at the Sabres (hockey) game - twice! I've always taken her to 1 or 2 games a year, this year we went to a couple games where we brought a friend. Last time they danced around during the breaks, but didn't get up on the jumbotron. (Chances are pretty low with 19,000 people in the building.) This time she wanted to make a sign - a good way to seriously increase your chance of being on the jumbotron. Well, they were holding up the sign and dancing around and they put them up there! It was pretty cool. On top of that, she got a free T-shirt in the T-shirt toss.

What great skiing pictures. Looks so beautiful and calm there!

Yay for an update! Boneyard for your DD and EE for you. Sounds like a good plan.:thumbsup2 Then DD throwing a wrench in your plans. Kids are just trouble.:laughing: Atleast you figured out a way to do all three. How great that your daughter was able to participate in FoW. Can't wait to see her journal of that. I have pictures from Nemo. I think you just can't use flash or any external lighting, or else I've broken Disney code!:rolleyes1

Thanks for reminding me Ashley! I forgot to post the Halloween party journal entry as well:

2010DisneyJournal008.jpg

2010DisneyJournal009.jpg

As you can see, the throwing the grape to the hornbill was a major highlight!

Where we left off is we had wrapped the Nemo show...next we made our way across the park to FotLK. On the way, DD took control of the camera, and had her usual odd choice of what to take pictures of:
DSCN5102.jpg

DSCN5107.jpg

DSCN5111.jpg

We made a stop at the Tree of Life Garden and got some shots of the Flamingos:
DSCN5112.jpg

DSCN5113.jpg

DSCN5114.jpg

DSCN5115.jpg

Next up was FotLK. This is by far my favorite show in all WDW, and is on my list of “must-dos”. Again, I didn’t really take any pictures (sorry TR fans) but DD AGAIN volunteered to be part of the show. While this one is a lot easier to get in to, if you are sitting near the front and a kid, your almost always going to get asked to come up for the “Lion Sleeps tonight” parade. We had gotten our seats strategically for this, and when her hand shot up, she got picked pretty quick. (A lot of kids are too shy to go out…me, I’d do it in a heartbeat!)

Anybody want a bird house like this at home?
DSCN5116.jpg

So, we’ve obviously been making our way back and forth across the park, and next was no different, it was off on our two-week jungle trek.
DSCN5117.jpg

It was getting very close to closing by this point. I decided with the good fortune we were having on the day, I would ask the CM seating us if we could please be seated nearer the front. Well, they put us in the front row, and we had a total blast. I tend to crack a lot of jokes to my wife and daughter…and once or twice, I cracked up the driver as well. Being up front, it was easier to ask questions of the driver, and it almost felt like a private safari.

DSCN5118.jpg

DSCN5120.jpg

DSCN5122.jpg

DSCN5126.jpg

We didn’t see the giraffes out at all at first, but finally spotted one foraging in the trees. You’d think being able to see them every day in our hotel room would make you tired of them, but that was certainly not the case.
DSCN5128.jpg

DSCN5129.jpg

DSCN5130.jpg

Coolest part was when there were a couple of Rhinos on the road in front of us. Biggest bummer – no lions at all on pride rock.
DSCN5131.jpg

DSCN5132.jpg

One last shot on the way out of the park:
DSCN5134.jpg

Next up, dinner at Saana!

Awe, I love your DD's drawings. I just knew that the FoW participation would be a highlight!

Your safari reminded me of when I was watching the Bachelor a couple of weeks ago and they were going on a safari in South Africa, I so was thinking that it really wasn't that different from KS. I think KS is so well done. Oh, yes I watch the Bachelor.:laughing::upsidedow

I noticed that birdhouse or one just like it in December and of course I want it. Now that would be a good souvenier. Wonder if it is sold at Flower and Garden festival, if not then they should!

Nice as your photos are, I think the highlight of your TR for me are your DD's handdrawn pictures. They provide such a wonderful insight into your day and a reminder for how much simple things can be so pleasurable.

I loved her spelling of "horend bile bired" and for a minute I thought she had written "horrid bile" :lmao:

princess::upsidedow

ps Laashley - I noticed your ticker. If I don't catch you before, have a great trip to the F&G show.

Awe, I love your DD's drawings. I just knew that the FoW participation would be a highlight!

Your safari reminded me of when I was watching the Bachelor a couple of weeks ago and they were going on a safari in South Africa, I so was thinking that it really wasn't that different from KS. I think KS is so well done. Oh, yes I watch the Bachelor.:laughing::upsidedow

I noticed that birdhouse or one just like it in December and of course I want it. Now that would be a good souvenier. Wonder if it is sold at Flower and Garden festival, if not then they should!

Nope, at least last year they didn't have anything like that that I saw. It would be neat though. Hey, your only a week away...hope you and Chris have a great time. (Man, your going so often you can't keep up on the TRs!)

Nice as your photos are, I think the highlight of your TR for me are your DD's handdrawn pictures. They provide such a wonderful insight into your day and a reminder for how much simple things can be so pleasurable.

I loved her spelling of "horend bile bired" and for a minute I thought she had written "horrid bile" :lmao:

princess::upsidedow

Thanks - I'm glad everyone's enjoying her journals. I always worry that my version of the tales are kind of dry - we did this, we went there - so anything to keep things entertaining. Her spelling is gradually getting better - I don't know where "bile" for "bill" came from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter