AoA - Large fam of 6 with two teens - Too tight?

LOL....the third morning of this my DH got up to use the washroom and tripped over his own feet. He put his hand up to stop from falling and banged into the connecting door. We never heard the neighbours again after that.

LOL! That is great!

Our loudest neighbors ever at WDW were at POR. They wouldn't have known an 'inside voice' if it jumped up and knocked them upside the head...which I really wanted to do at 3am when they just would not settle down and go to sleep!

The soundproofing between rooms and between the room and the corridor is not as good (to say the least) at the Values as it is at the Mods and Deluxes. It just isn't. If noise is an issue for you, stick with SSR. This from someone who once spent 5 sleepless nights at one of the All Stars. Never again!

Ugh. We have had sleepless nights at All Stars too due to the noise. I also swore never again. I guess I was optimistic that AoA would be better. Maybe I was too optimistic that AoA would be better all around :(

Realistically, you can have bad neighbours at any resort. It really is luck of the draw. Over the years we have only had 2 or 3 really bad ones. Probably the worst was at POP. One family, that didn't know how to speak nicely to one another and did nothing but yell. They would go in and out of the room multiple times and slam their door repeatedly. They would come back to the room after midnight and get up in the morning before 6am. LOL....the third morning of this my DH got up to use the washroom and tripped over his own feet. He put his hand up to stop from falling and banged into the connecting door. We never heard the neighbours again after that.

We had neighbors like that once at Paradise Pier Hotel at DLR. I'm quite sure the dad was body slamming the boys on the bed. Even having the front desk send security up to talk to them made no difference. They were SO over the top and loud that I was actually able to pick them out at the park the next day, having never seen them. For real. This father and his boys were SO loud and SO attention seeking that I told my daughter "That has to be them". Later that day we saw them leaving the room next to us. :laughing:

LOL! That is great!

Our loudest neighbors ever at WDW were at POR. They wouldn't have known an 'inside voice' if it jumped up and knocked them upside the head...which I really wanted to do at 3am when they just would not settle down and go to sleep!
Really what made it so funny was that it was a total accident. If we had known that a bang on the door would have shut them up we would have done it sooner. Looking back on it I'm sure that those kids(probably the parents too) were beyond exhausted because they may have been getting 5 hours sleep tops. I know I was tired from being woken up repeatedly for three straight nights/mornings. The morning my DH hit the door it was 5:30am.

We have stayed at both places you mentioned. My family is only 4 and I can't imagine trying to cram 6 people, with the majority of those like adults into AOA with a wheelchair and a stroller. The storage at AOA with all of your luggage is going to be very tight. Not to mention adding a blow up mattress on the floor for your daughter. If she wakes up a lot at night she doesn't have a separate place to go. I understand wanting to save $, but I'm not sure I would want everyone to be cranky in the mornings. When we stayed at AOA, my sister's family was across the hall from us and they are a family of 5. They did bring a blow up mattress for their youngest son who was 6 at the time and it was very, very tight in the room.

LOL! That is great!

My worst experience was at CSR. For some reason my neighbor liked to band on the connecting door in the middle of the night. The second night it happened I yelled at him to knock it the heck off! It didn't happen again.

We are going to stay put at SSR. I've made peace with the financial aspect. It is not worth being uncomfortable or cramped for that long.

Thanks for everyone's advice. It really helped me make the decision!

Too bad OKW wasn't an option, we LOVED their two bedroom this may with large group. Room galore.

Too bad OKW wasn't an option, we LOVED their two bedroom this may with large group. Room galore.

It's is available but just too pricey. OKW is higher than SSR for our dates. I'd love to try it out! I hear they have the biggest rooms on property. Not sure if that is still true with the addition of newer DVC's.

It's absolutely still Tue, and will probably be true forever. Smaller units cost less to build and costs have risen considerably since Disney Vacation Club (original name of OKW) was built.

I think you made the right choice staying at SSR.

However, regarding room/resort noise (supposed superior soundproofing in deluxes)...the loudest room I've ever experienced was at BC. We could hear the TV next door to us even when it wasn't blaring. We could hear conversations in the next room. We could hear every single person that walked by our door in the hall. It didn't really bother us (our neighbors went to bed before us, and the we were awake when the hallway noise started in the morning and at night)...but it was loud.

POR was very quiet. Never heard a peep from the side or above (even when the cops were upstairs checking on someone in the room above and slightly to the side of us!). Poly was also extremely quiet.

You can have loud experiences at any level resort. It's not just at the values.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter