AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Not sure if this helps anyone with their decisions, but:

I called last week and after being on hold for literally 80 minutes to get through, I talked to a CM and told them due to my wife's asthma, the changed terms of service by Disney and the restricted access and removal of offerings that I initially bought I wanted the remainder of my AP to be refunded. She said absolutely, took down my info and phone number that they could call if when they reviewed they account they needed to contact me for any explanations of reasonings and that was it. From my experience they are 100% NOT pushing back on people wanting a full refund for the remainder if their AP. I assume they realize what a disaster that would be.

I called last week and after being on hold for literally 80 minutes to get through, I talked to a CM and told them due to my wife's asthma, the changed terms of service by Disney and the restricted access and removal of offerings that I initially bought I wanted the remainder of my AP to be refunded. She said absolutely, took down my info and phone number that they could call if when they reviewed they account they needed to contact me for any explanations of reasonings and that was it. From my experience they are 100% NOT pushing back on people wanting a full refund for the remainder if their AP. I assume they realize what a disaster that would be.

What # did you call? I have Gold APs that expire in September and want a full refund from the day the parks were closed. I cancelled my May and August ressies. Further, APs are no longer APs. You don't know if you can get in a park. You can't park hop. It's not what I purchased.

What # did you call? I have Gold APs that expire in September and want a full refund from the day the parks were closed. I cancelled my May and August ressies. Further, APs are no longer APs. You don't know if you can get in a park. You can't park hop. It's not what I purchased.
I dont remember exactly, but Im pretty sure there was a number in the AP emails that went out and I just used that. But seriously, I was driving for over an hour before I got put through. Id try to "get in line" as soon as lines open up in the morning.

The frustrating thing is that it seems to totally depend on what CM you talk today. I called earlier today, said basically the same thing as you except my son is the one with a medical condition, and they said sorry, but all they can offer is the partial refund only for the days they were closed, or the extension.

I sent an email asking for them to call me back on Saturday, they just did but I was recording the podcast. He sent me an email saying he was from VIPassholder services and to tell him what would be a good time for him to call me back, so hoping I get a call tomorrow, I will keep you posted

My Platinum AP has an expiration date of 06/20/2020. When looking at Tickets and Passes on my iPad, it states that I have 24 days remaining from today, which is July 3, but it still shows the pass expires 06/20/2020.

When I look at the same AP on my iPhone, there is the correct “valid through” date, with a message below advising it is time to renew:

“Save up to 15% when you renew by 06/20/2020.” What happened to the 30 day grace period to renew?

With all of the strange issues going on with viewing APs, I can’t wait to see how things look after they announce the actual number of days APs will be extended or refunded.

My Platinum AP has an expiration date of 06/20/2020. When looking at Tickets and Passes on my iPad, it states that I have 24 days remaining from today, which is July 3, but it still shows the pass expires 06/20/2020.

When I look at the same AP on my iPhone, there is the correct “valid through” date, with a message below advising it is time to renew:

“Save up to 15% when you renew by 06/20/2020.” What happened to the 30 day grace period to renew?

With all of the strange issues going on with viewing APs, I can’t wait to see how things look after they announce the actual number of days APs will be extended or refunded.
you still have 30 days after, they are just letting you know you can renew it now

you still have 30 days after, they are just letting you know you can renew it now
I understand the policy, but the verbiage states that the discount is when renewing by the stated expiration date. For those not in the know, it’s a bit misleading, IMO.

Thanks for posting. If I’m reading this correctly seems like a different expectation than what others have posted regarding refunds. I assumed everyone was referring to a refund for the dates WDW is closed (whatever the endpoint turns out to be), not a refund for the remainder of the AP regardless of original expiration date. I suspect the CM you spoke to may not have understood what you meant. I would be surprised if WDW refunds APs for more than the duration of the closure.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if anyone has this answer but am I in the wrong to wait until the parks open to decide what I want to do with my AP? I'm thinking I'll want the refund but I just want more info about what the parks and services before I make a final decision.

Any ideas?

I have no idea how Disney plans on sorting out the Annual Pass mess. With the significant changes that have occurred, they no longer represent what people purchased (regardless of the type of pass). I don’t think it’s fair to “restart the clock” on July 11. I also expect that the reservation system will be with us for a while, so how long do you push it out? I think the fairest thing is to simply refund all annual passes on a pro rata basis. If I purchased an AP in Nov 2019 (4 months before the closure), I get a refund of 2/3 of the purchase price. If I purchased in April of 2019 (11 months before the closure), I get a refund of 1/12 of the purchase price. If I purchased or renewed in April after the closure but before details of the restart were know, then full refund. Those affected should then have priority to purchase new APs or other ticket products. That would let those that are keen to get back to the parks do so, would fairly treat the AP holders who are unwilling or unable (due to international travel restrictions or health conditions) to attend at the parks, and would help address some of Disneys concerns re capacity for AP holders. I think we need a full reset of the AP system given the change in circumstances.

I'm not sure if anyone has this answer but am I in the wrong to wait until the parks open to decide what I want to do with my AP? I'm thinking I'll want the refund but I just want more info about what the parks and services before I make a final decision.

Any ideas?
Keep a close eye on the ap info page on the website. Right now it says nothing but they could very well change it to say something like "ap need to make a decision on their ap by so and so date"
We know they are cutting perks and entitlements from the ap, they have already said that, which ones, we don't know. For sure we won't be able to go to the parks whenever we want
We don't know if they will have all the details out before the day we need to choose, they should, but we don't know if they will
I think people that have an ap expired during the closure period have to be even more aware as the wording on the site states "active ap"
I can tell you I check the site 3 times a day

my AP expired April 6th.
Parks closed March 15

So I "lost" 22 days. I had renewed it the previous year at the discounted rate (forget what it was, let's just say $1000)

so if i opt for the "partial refund" I would get back 22/365 * 1000 = $60, correct?

or if let my AP expire on its own it would do so 22 days after July 11th (or 15th depending on Disney's choice), and after that i would have the usual 30 day grace period to renew.

Do i have that correct?

my AP expired April 6th.
Parks closed March 15

So I "lost" 22 days. I had renewed it the previous year at the discounted rate (forget what it was, let's just say $1000)

so if i opt for the "partial refund" I would get back 22/365 * 1000 = $60, correct?

or if let my AP expire on its own it would do so 22 days after July 11th (or 15th depending on Disney's choice), and after that i would have the usual 30 day grace period to renew.

Do i have that correct?
from the current wording out on the site, yes sounds correct.

i called to see my status. i took the partial refund. we just can't find a week to work for us even until december with our dvc. they said my paperwork is submitted and now it's on disney to make a decision on what they are doing. just what i was told. take it for what it's worth.

i really do want to go back before next year but i just can't find a full week to make it happen.

I have no idea how Disney plans on sorting out the Annual Pass mess. With the significant changes that have occurred, they no longer represent what people purchased (regardless of the type of pass). I don’t think it’s fair to “restart the clock” on July 11. I also expect that the reservation system will be with us for a while, so how long do you push it out? I think the fairest thing is to simply refund all annual passes on a pro rata basis. If I purchased an AP in Nov 2019 (4 months before the closure), I get a refund of 2/3 of the purchase price. If I purchased in April of 2019 (11 months before the closure), I get a refund of 1/12 of the purchase price. If I purchased or renewed in April after the closure but before details of the restart were know, then full refund. Those affected should then have priority to purchase new APs or other ticket products. That would let those that are keen to get back to the parks do so, would fairly treat the AP holders who are unwilling or unable (due to international travel restrictions or health conditions) to attend at the parks, and would help address some of Disneys concerns re capacity for AP holders. I think we need a full reset of the AP system given the change in circumstances.

That would be really nice if they allowed us to “return” the unused portion of the pass instead of just the closure related refund. My number 1 choice would actually individually restarting our own clocks, but I appreciate that may be way too difficult for their systems to handle.

That accounts for people who are fine going ASAP, people who are uncomfortable going in the immediate future (but could), and people who had APs for specific trips that had been cancelled and can’t or won’t reschedule before expiry. If by some miracle they allowed this, it would even allow us to take a bonus trip which means more resort spending, food spending, and completely unnecessary but we’re buying it anyways purchases from us. Sure beats having to refund us lol.

I sent an email asking for them to call me back on Saturday, they just did but I was recording the podcast. He sent me an email saying he was from VIPassholder services and to tell him what would be a good time for him to call me back, so hoping I get a call tomorrow, I will keep you posted
Any chance you can ask if those of us who have passes that are getting the extra days will get them immediately upon reopening? My pass expires on July 11th, but I am not asking for money back, instead we are heading down that week with the expectation that we are being extended over 100 days (I believe 116 to be exact) and those will be usable immediately.

That would be really nice if they allowed us to “return” the unused portion of the pass instead of just the closure related refund. My number 1 choice would actually individually restarting our own clocks, but I appreciate that may be way too difficult for their systems to handle.

That accounts for people who are fine going ASAP, people who are uncomfortable going in the immediate future (but could), and people who had APs for specific trips that had been cancelled and can’t or won’t reschedule before expiry. If by some miracle they allowed this, it would even allow us to take a bonus trip which means more resort spending, food spending, and completely unnecessary but we’re buying it anyways purchases from us. Sure beats having to refund us lol.
I'm just repeating myself from what I said in an earlier post, but I think the most fair thing to do is for Disney to extend all annual passes through the park reservation period. However, any days an annual passholder uses their pass during the park reservation period is subtracted from the full extension of days. For example, let's say the total number of closed days and park reservation system days adds up to 200 days. During the park reservation system period, I use my pass 15 days. Therefore at the end of the park reservation period, I get 185 days added to my pass.

Last edited:
I’m in a pickle as a Canadian AP holder. I want to go in September - but will the border open in time 😬 If I can’t travel I would want the refund, but how can I make that decision before I know when the border will open. (AP expires July 1; so extension would give me till mid October)

I'm just repeating myself from what I said in an earlier post, but I think the most fair thing to do is for Disney to extend all annual passes through the park reservation period. However, any days an annual passholder uses their pass during the park reservation period is subtracted from the full extension of days. For example, let's say the total number of closed days and park reservation system days adds up to 200 days. During the park reservation system period, I use my pass 15 days. Therefore at the end of the park reservation period, I get 185 days added to my pass.
Yes, I 100% agree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter