AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

No refunds and I got the auto email saying the refund was in process soon to my credit card. Well I paid by gift card so I don't know what that means....

We had platinum AP that expired two weeks before yours. Do you mind sharing your type of pass you had and if you bought it directly through Disney?
Out of state platinum and upgraded from 6 day park hoppers at our resort during our stay.

So, I just renewed my Gold DVC AP, so I could get a Park Pass reservation. We have a room booked on points for 9/30 - 10/3. There are no Park Passes left for Annual Passholders for Magic Kingdom on 10/1. Member Services just told me that, even if we have a resort reservation, we are not considered "Resort Guests" for purposes of the Park Pass reservations - ONLY Annual Passholders. So apparently it doesn't matter if you're staying on property - if you're an Annual Passholder, you're screwed. Apparently the only benefit to staying on property as a Passholder is that you can book more than 3 days worth of Park Pass reservations and don't "use up" your 3 days worth of reservations as a Passholder. Since I live 1,000 miles away, still having 3 days to use separate from the time of my resort stays is pretty meaningless.

So, I just renewed my Gold DVC AP, so I could get a Park Pass reservation. We have a room booked on points for 9/30 - 10/3. There are no Park Passes left for Annual Passholders for Magic Kingdom on 10/1. Member Services just told me that, even if we have a resort reservation, we are not considered "Resort Guests" for purposes of the Park Pass reservations - ONLY Annual Passholders. So apparently it doesn't matter if you're staying on property - if you're an Annual Passholder, you're screwed. Apparently the only benefit to staying on property as a Passholder is that you can book more than 3 days worth of Park Pass reservations and don't "use up" your 3 days worth of reservations as a Passholder. Since I live 1,000 miles away, still having 3 days to use separate from the time of my resort stays is pretty meaningless.

Have you checked again with a different CM? Because I was told as an AP, I was recognized as a resort guest if I had a resort reservation.

Refund is finally here!!
Cancelled in July, zero communication after that until 2 weeks ago got the email that my refund was processed. Received our checks yesterday. We paid credit card through Sams Club before the last big price increase. Based on how much we got back they seem to know it was through Sams Club before the price increase. Amounts for all 4 checks lines up with what they owed me. No interest paid on the 2 grand they held for 4 months though. At least the wait is over.

Was the Resort linked to mde
Yes, it was.
Have you checked again with a different CM? Because I was told as an AP, I was recognized as a resort guest if I had a resort reservation.
I called the Internet Help Desk, and initially she gave me the reading that differentiated, but then seemed to think I was right and should be able to book as a resort guest. She went in and tried to do it, but it wouldn't let her. She got someone higher up (or elsewhere) to try to do it, but it wouldn't let them either. They seemed to think it was a glitch or something, however, she was able to book me other days for that stay (which have full availability for APs), so I'm wondering if Disney changed this, particularly for the 50th, and they just haven't made it clear to everyone (shocker). I was told to call again next week.

Considering there is essentially NO availability at any DVC resort for 9/30 & 10/1, I think this is going to become a problem for many others, since I'm sure many APs did not know they should have renewed as soon as getting a reservation (likely early for almost everyone) in order to get in as an AP, since they may not count as a "Disney Resort Guest."

So, I had a good experience. I had a Gold AP that I had not activated when I went in October. I activated the pass the first day at customer service. Since I had reserved a Dec trip also, I asked about an upgrade. I was told that my Gold AP would expire in Nov (as it was scheduled to), but that I could renew into a Platinum pass that would be valid for the Dec trip, which I did. I later called the VIP pass line and was able to get the new pass extended for the months that I lost out on. The new pass that would have expired in Nov 2021 will now expire in April 2022. :P

Finally called the passholder line about 3 weeks ago and was told my refund had been processed and should be credited to my card and it may take two billing cycles. I haven't seen anything yet.

I've been very patient through all of this. I'm grateful to be getting a refund. My problem is that I don't appreciate the misdirection and outright lies we've been told. No doubt most of you have spent tens of thousands of dollars at Disney in the last few years like I have. To be treated like a fool isn't something I take lightly. I mean seriously, it's 2020, "billing cycle" is a meaningless concept when it comes to credit cards.

So, I had a good experience. I had a Gold AP that I had not activated when I went in October. I activated the pass the first day at customer service. Since I had reserved a Dec trip also, I asked about an upgrade. I was told that my Gold AP would expire in Nov (as it was scheduled to), but that I could renew into a Platinum pass that would be valid for the Dec trip, which I did. I later called the VIP pass line and was able to get the new pass extended for the months that I lost out on. The new pass that would have expired in Nov 2021 will now expire in April 2022. :P
Would you please clarify with dates? You activated your Gold AP in October 2020, but it would expire in November 2021? And you could renew into Platinum to cover December 2020 or 2021? I’m confused - but we have a similar issue in that we have DVC Gold APs originally for October 2019-20 that were extended into March 2021, but we want to upgrade to Platinum to cover our December 2020 family trip. We didn’t think they were allowing upgrades except with a renewal. We bought regular tickets in order to book park passes, but we’d really like to upgrade our APs and save those tickets for later!

Would you please clarify with dates? You activated your Gold AP in October 2020, but it would expire in November 2021? And you could renew into Platinum to cover December 2020 or 2021? I’m confused - but we have a similar issue in that we have DVC Gold APs originally for October 2019-20 that were extended into March 2021, but we want to upgrade to Platinum to cover our December 2020 family trip. We didn’t think they were allowing upgrades except with a renewal. We bought regular tickets in order to book park passes, but we’d really like to upgrade our APs and save those tickets for later!
My Gold AP was a renewal from last year (2019) and it would expire Nov 2020. It was not activated because my May trip was cancelled. I did a renewal in Oct 2020 while I was at the park to a Platinum pass which would normally expire in Nov 2021. After calling the VIP line they extended the expiration of the Platinum pass to April of 2022.

I get the Informed Delivery email everyday but about 75% of the time, they cannot show me the images of what is being delivered. It's really frustrating.

This is what is happening to us. We get the notifications but no images of what is being delivered. About 6 weeks ago it just stopped working.

No email or check so far for me.

For those that got checks in the mail, what kind of envelope? Did it look like when you get a check in the mail (rip off the side strips from the perforated lines) or was it in another type of envelope?

Mine is supposed to be here before December 1st.
I have been watching the mail come in with more anticipation than the dog.

For those that got checks in the mail, what kind of envelope? Did it look like when you get a check in the mail (rip off the side strips from the perforated lines) or was it in another type of envelope?

Yes, it's the kind where you rip off the strips on 3 sides.

It is about 7.5"W x 4"H and has a return address of Disney Worldwide Services in Lake Buena Vista, FL, with Mickey next to the return address. There is a red postage meter imprint with zipcode 32830.

You will immediately recognize it (and cheer), when you see it arrive in the mail!

WDW sent me one of those giant checks like for people that win publishers clearing house...or at least that’s what I think I deserve at this point...

My Gold AP was a renewal from last year (2019) and it would expire Nov 2020. It was not activated because my May trip was cancelled. I did a renewal in Oct 2020 while I was at the park to a Platinum pass which would normally expire in Nov 2021. After calling the VIP line they extended the expiration of the Platinum pass to April of 2022.
Thanks. Maybe we’ll visit GS this week - we’re here now. However, our DVC Gold APs would have expired in mid-October 2020 and we’ve been using them this week based on the automatic extension that pushed their expiration to March 2021, so I’m not sure they’ll let us renew them now. I guess we need to decide whether we want to renew them or not - not sure when we’ll be back after our December visit!

This is my nightmare AP cancellation story from a few month's ago. Since I knew I was going to be in for a long wait, I was prepared, I had stuff to do for my work, I had snacks and water and I had my home phone and my cell. My FIRST (hint) call was at 5:00pm and I used my home phone in speaker mode, this way I can still use my cell if needed, like calling friends or family to catch up. LOL. Well at about 40 minutes in the nice Disney music is interrupted and I hear it ringing so I was ready, but then a click on then dial tone..... "you *&^%$&)*_)*^*^". Redial and finally after an hour I hear the ring again and...... YES! a human answers WOOHOO! Well, 5 minutes into the call it starts to go downhill, they got very confused because we had 2 separate contracts (I had purchased 2 AP's for my DW and youngest DD early because they were going to Orlando for a competition, and then I purchased mine and oldest DD tickets a few months later) and the CM could only find my DW and youngest DD AP's. Of course they ask if I am sure the other set is still active and I told them yes for another 6 month's and that I was on MDE and looking right at them now. I get put on hold for 10 minutes and she says that she can see them, ahh! relief:) BUT, back to disappointment, after spending about 20 minutes trying to find the other 2 APs, she say's she cannot find the contract for them and wants to know if I had the contract number, and I told her no. She then says, this made my jaw drop, that support CM's do not have access to the "AP contract" database and that she will need to contact another CM in that area. Are you kidding me!! I was not upset with the CM, but totally peeved with WDW for not giving their support people the tools to effectively do their jobs. Well, on hold for another 30+ minutes and she comes back and tells me that they gave her the contract number, which I asked her to give me and then (2nd and bigger jaw drop) says since it is after 8:00PM that the system is down for the night and I would have to call backo_O

I did call back 2 days later and finally was able to take care of the last 2 AP's and it took another 1-1/2 hours. It took 2 billing cycles to get $ back to our CC.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter