• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

My update for those still waiting...
  • Purchased (2) adult 5 day PH on 02/11/20 for $1224
  • Uprgraded to AP on 03/06/20 for $1321
  • On 08/11/20 requested refund & cancellation via e-mail link
  • On 10/01/20- credit of $1231 recvd on my CC (original form of payment for both transactions

UPDATE again... Another 2+ months have passed without receiving my 2nd refund. I had a pass for myself, and my DD (age 13). Hers was refunded in October... Mine is still not refunded.

After several VERY frustrating e-mails to the 'VIP passholder' email address in which they wouldn't even look at my specific account I just spent about an hour on the phone with the VIP passholder line. The CM was very helpful, and I did not take out my exasperated frustration out on him as I know it's out of his control.

He was confused as to why my daughter's would have been processed but not mine. He was stating mine was showing as the extension. I explained both were on the same email cancellation. He spoke with the 'billing' dept, and said they are putting it back through. He could not give me a timeline or amount, and stated most requests are 6-8 or 8-10 weeks, but he said he hasn't seen my 'situation' in awhile.

As others have expressed in this thread it is mind-boggling that a multi-billion dollar company like Disney has failed so miserably with this process for their 'most valued' guests. They would have served us all better to give us an option to 'pause' our passes.

UPDATE again... Another 2+ months have passed without receiving my 2nd refund. I had a pass for myself, and my DD (age 13). Hers was refunded in October... Mine is still not refunded.

After several VERY frustrating e-mails to the 'VIP passholder' email address in which they wouldn't even look at my specific account I just spent about an hour on the phone with the VIP passholder line. The CM was very helpful, and I did not take out my exasperated frustration out on him as I know it's out of his control.

He was confused as to why my daughter's would have been processed but not mine. He was stating mine was showing as the extension. I explained both were on the same email cancellation. He spoke with the 'billing' dept, and said they are putting it back through. He could not give me a timeline or amount, and stated most requests are 6-8 or 8-10 weeks, but he said he hasn't seen my 'situation' in awhile.

As others have expressed in this thread it is mind-boggling that a multi-billion dollar company like Disney has failed so miserably with this process for their 'most valued' guests. They would have served us all better to give us an option to 'pause' our passes.

mid they r “putting it back through” they need to research it first. I have same situation. 8-10 weeks for”research”. For reference I did my senior thesis in less time. Then the 6-8 weeks to process a new check. So good luck with that. I got the email to show that timeline of you don’t believe me cause I wouldn’t cause yes I know it sounds nuts.

good luck.

Yeah so I'm in the still haven't gotten a refund yet bucket. I have called twice and they are still researching it and I will get an email....We upgraded our tickets in Nov 2019 and since we live overseas have obviously not been able to use them for the trip we planned on in the summer and were initially happy to hear they were going to issue refunds. Months later however that has yet to materialize and even if they send us checks no bank here will cash them. Things could be worse but it is a little disappointing.

Still nothing either after cancelling in July. I sent a LONG email yesterday and hopefully someone actually reads it and responds with something other than please call the 800 number for assistance. The last three emails I sent I got that response.
Well, it's been about a month since I sent the above. And I finally got a response this morning in an email from a supervisor. I got confirmation that they are mailing me a check for $903.00, (first time I got a dollar figure) and that I should be receiving it sometime next month. Lots of apologies in the email but I appreciate getting a response from someone who appears to have knowledge of what is going on. After dozens of calls since Sept. with a different story every time I called, it is some what refreshing to have this latest news. But not getting my hopes up. I work in the customer service industry and the way this was handled for everyone, not just myself was a debacle. I hope Disney learns from this and despite the up and down roller coaster that I've been and many other people have been put through, I will be visiting Disney again at some point.

Well, it's been about a month since I sent the above. And I finally got a response this morning in an email from a supervisor. I got confirmation that they are mailing me a check for $903.00, (first time I got a dollar figure) and that I should be receiving it sometime next month. Lots of apologies in the email but I appreciate getting a response from someone who appears to have knowledge of what is going on. After dozens of calls since Sept. with a different story every time I called, it is some what refreshing to have this latest news. But not getting my hopes up. I work in the customer service industry and the way this was handled for everyone, not just myself was a debacle. I hope Disney learns from this and despite the up and down roller coaster that I've been and many other people have been put through, I will be visiting Disney again at some point.

I guess that means there is hope yet. We also cancelled in July, after the holidays I'm going to try email and see what happens...Let us know when the check arrives.

Can you let me know what e-mail address you used. I have e-mails going back & forth with them, and they keep giving me the same standard response. My last e-mail was very brief with 3 questions, and the response I got was that they cannot give out specific refund info via e-mail.

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort and for being one of our valued Annual Passholders!

We would like to be able to assist, however, our email department is not able to provide the answers you are seeking. For any updated information regarding your Annual Passholder refunds, please call our Passholder Help Desk at 407-WDW-PASS (407-939-7277). Cast Members are available from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time, seven days a week.

For security purposes, we will ask for verification on all accounts for which you need assistance. Please have the following information available for each account: First and last name registered to the account, e-mail address, and the address listed on the profile as well as your Annual Pass ticket numbers."

Can you let me know what e-mail address you used. I have e-mails going back & forth with them, and they keep giving me the same standard response. My last e-mail was very brief with 3 questions, and the response I got was that they cannot give out specific refund info via e-mail.

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort and for being one of our valued Annual Passholders!

We would like to be able to assist, however, our email department is not able to provide the answers you are seeking. For any updated information regarding your Annual Passholder refunds, please call our Passholder Help Desk at 407-WDW-PASS (407-939-7277). Cast Members are available from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time, seven days a week.

For security purposes, we will ask for verification on all accounts for which you need assistance. Please have the following information available for each account: First and last name registered to the account, e-mail address, and the address listed on the profile as well as your Annual Pass ticket numbers."
Hi, It took about a month but I got a response back from passholder@disneyworld.com. I was very specific with my email showing the dates, times, length of call , who I spoke with and what I was told... It was a very long email that I wrote with about 12-15 call examples that I described, with the majority of each call, I was given a different answer on the refund status. I requested to be contacted by a supervisor. The person who responded to my email was a supervisor and that is how I got that additional info outside of what I had been getting with the canned response previously. Still waiting on the refund check, but glad I got a "real" response. Good Luck.

I also finally had luck with the pass holder email, I attached the email thread that dated back to June 2020 with guest services. I also included all pass information, last 4 digits of card used to purchase the AP's, purchase confirmation number, etc.

I overloaded them with information. We received our 3 checks for $902 each in late November.

I got my check over 2 weeks ago. Still waiting for DH check, we purchased AP at the same time, in same credit card transaction. In one of our many phone conversations, they said that we should expect separate checks for the Water Park passes which were purchased separately....our last phone conversation was like a month ago..still waiting.....😕

So I have out of state Platinum Plus Passes paid in full that were set to expire 6/27. I called in May, June, July, and then finally in October got someone to confirm the amount and was told I’d have a check in 6-8 weeks.
This upcoming Tuesday marks the end of week 8, and I still do not have a check. So I called today since I am off from work. First phone call, got the dreaded hang up. Second call, I am awkwardly sitting on “hold” while we wait to hear from the “other team.” It’s been over 40 minutes of listening to breathing. I wish they would just play the cheerful Disney hold music at least. This does not seem promising at all...
Update: At the 58 minute mark, the cast member said she did hear back from the other team and they said “it will be processed soon.” When no definitives could be given, I asked to speak to the team myself. She said that they could call me back from that team, but the team is very backed up and may not be able to get to it for a few weeks. When I asked to speak with someone higher up the chain, I was told that the team is processing my check on Monday. After it’s processed, it can take an additional 4 weeks to be mailed out.
So *if* this does come within this new 4 week timeline, it will have been over 7 months since my first request.
I am so frustrated right now.
So for anyone following, it has been more than 4 weeks since the last promise, and I still do NOT have my refund check. I’m calling now and keep getting bounced around. I’m so deflated and dejected.

So for anyone following, it has been more than 4 weeks since the last promise, and I still do NOT have my refund check. I’m calling now and keep getting bounced around. I’m so deflated and dejected.
Hope that you get some good news...I’m sure many are still waiting unfortunately 😕

Latest update: after waiting on hold for 35 minutes while the CM checked on the status, he replied “Yeah, I know you were told 6-8 weeks quite some time ago, but they shouldn’t give you a timeline. You’re still in the ‘to do’ pile.”
I was actually told 4 weeks, and that it was to be processed on Monday November 30th, an exact date.
I asked to speak with someone hire up, and the CM put me on hold to “check on a few things.”
I just don’t understand why it is this difficult.

I got a call today saying you were put on a list to call to see if you wanted a check or a gift card. I said we don't live in a country where we could cash a check.....and I can see the charge on our card. Ok. I'll put in a request to refund your card. So circa 6 months after cancelling we are getting somewhere? The lady who called was very nice but it seemed that she was even unsure as to why she was told to call us....

Latest update: after waiting on hold for 35 minutes while the CM checked on the status, he replied “Yeah, I know you were told 6-8 weeks quite some time ago, but they shouldn’t give you a timeline. You’re still in the ‘to do’ pile.”
I was actually told 4 weeks, and that it was to be processed on Monday November 30th, an exact date.
I asked to speak with someone hire up, and the CM put me on hold to “check on a few things.”
I just don’t understand why it is this difficult.
I am in the same boat. Every call is a different explanation. I'm convinced their only objective is to give you an answer that gets you off the phone and a long timeline so you don't call back for awhile.

So far I been told the APs were already refunded to a Mastercard (we don't have a Mastercard), checks are already on the way and will be there in the next few days (this was in October), checks are being processed and will be there by the end of November, most recent was that I'm in the pile to be investigated but the checks will arrive by the end of year (they won't be here today).

This is clearly not a priority for them and it's surprising there hasn't been a bigger backlash in the media for something like this that should have and could have been taken care of almost immediately, it's not that complicated to process refunds.

The worst part is that I feel like I have a part time job now to call once per month to try to move this along because clearly no one else is working on it. By the time the checks come, if they ever do, I will have put in enough hours for it to just be a normal paycheck. I feel bad for the cast members on the phone that don't have the power to do anything to help us.

I am in the same boat. Every call is a different explanation. I'm convinced their only objective is to give you an answer that gets you off the phone and a long timeline so you don't call back for awhile.

So far I been told the APs were already refunded to a Mastercard (we don't have a Mastercard), checks are already on the way and will be there in the next few days (this was in October), checks are being processed and will be there by the end of November, most recent was that I'm in the pile to be investigated but the checks will arrive by the end of year (they won't be here today).

This is clearly not a priority for them and it's surprising there hasn't been a bigger backlash in the media for something like this that should have and could have been taken care of almost immediately, it's not that complicated to process refunds.

The worst part is that I feel like I have a part time job now to call once per month to try to move this along because clearly no one else is working on it. By the time the checks come, if they ever do, I will have put in enough hours for it to just be a normal paycheck. I feel bad for the cast members on the phone that don't have the power to do anything to help us.
I’m sorry that you’re going through the same struggle!
Last phone call was 2 hours 4 minutes and 54 seconds. To be told 3 different things by 3 different people, and all of them were contradictory to what I was told last month. So frustrating. I don’t blame any of the CMs I’ve spoken to. They’re just as disgusted and frustrated with this “system.”
I *used* to think that Disney was great because they enabled their employees to be able to work with customers to make things right- to provide that “magic” we all keep going back for. I’m not feeling that right now, not even a little bit. Sigh.

Is there anything we can do, legally? I have been super patient.. but .. like.. it's now January 2021. How can they get away with this? Our passes expired during the shut down, so we asked for refunds super early.
This is so frustrating.

Is there anything we can do, legally? I have been super patient.. but .. like.. it's now January 2021. How can they get away with this? Our passes expired during the shut down, so we asked for refunds super early.
This is so frustrating.
If you find an answer, please let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter